Koh Tao murders: Influential island figure vows to clear his son's name

webfact

Phew, what a relief. Leaving the justice to the Police means very little.

That is why their is courts, defense attorneys and appeals processes.
In Thailand, detective work is part of the cops' job description. Unfortunately, they're not often adept and they're not able to be objective. For starters, there should be independent investigators. The minute this story broke, I wrote comments on both major Eng.lang Thai newspapers that there should be farang investigators or, at the least, investigators independent from the RTP on the case. As with Thai politicians, Thai police are incapable of being objective. They're too beholden to what higher ups want, to social strata, and to clandestine offers of money and social requirements ("Thais couldn't do this crime, etc").
  • Like 1

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why did he refuse up to now for his sons DNA to be taken?

Is he above the law?

Yes. He is more powerful than both the army and the police, in a sense that neither will go after his family, under any circumstances. The only reason this has not "gone away" is due to the influence of the public and the relentless posts and peoples unwillingness to let it go. You cannot clear your sons reputation, as your son is as guilty as the day is long. And this is not the first crime he has committed. I realize your family is accustomed to getting off "Scot free" all these years. You have all been able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want. That is ending here. At least for now. Get used to being under the spotlight. Thank your unconscious son for that. He grew up surrounded with hundreds of millions of dollars. As a son of a family nobody touches. Now, he has attracted unwanted attention. Too bad. Pay the price for your behavior, and your lack of concern for people, and for society. You are not the best of what Thailand has to offer.

Initial statement proven to be untrue. They did indeed go after them and they were cleared.

Again...........I request you post evidence of this statement

See Bangkok Post articled titled "Former Koh Tao murder 'suspect' confirms innocence" dated Sep. 30th.

In the article it clearly states he was named as a suspect and clearly states police later "officially cleared him" on Sep. 25th.

Robblok - if you look back youll see I believe only one thing and that is that RTP have completely covered up ANY evidence that we may have had in a paid attempt to clear the Tuwichien family of killing the 2 British tourists - there is a myriad of evidence like the stab wounds in David Millers face and shoulders, the phone fiasco, therelease and desperate re arrest of the suspects, This familys previous history of complaints against them- the murder of their competition at their dive club - there is too much evidence to discount them. The Police are close with them and protect them. They will twist ANY evidence that shows they are guilty and HAVE done. DNA samples mean nothing when they are taken by the ones administering the corruption. Nothing will be proven against them - they have the Police on their side. The Headmans son was reported by witnesses at University as not attending school on the day after the murder - however his fellow students reported him as having huge scratches. Anything put against this family will be hushed up and dismissed - i am Thai - i know how things work far better than you.

<snip>

I don't care if you are Thai or not.. you accused me of being a dive master and have a connection to the headman. You did so only based on the fact that I posted an opinion that did not match yours.

Now how much credibility do you think that gives you on your other posts, it actually damages your credibility a lot.

I am not going into any of the evidence you are presenting as I have no way of knowing it is correct. You shown to be untrustworthy by defaming me so easy without proof. How can your other evidence then be considered good.

I liked your posts as they proved to me how far people go and how much of a witch hunt this is. It will never be enough what ever this guy does.

Me I put my hopes on the Brit investigation but I think they are stonewalled. I have no preference for who has done it. I am honestly saying there is a lot of doubt and destroying someones reputation is quite easy.

You just demonstrated that, so I understand this guys a

LOL .........when did I say you were a divemaster? link to the post please!! Other wise all your posts youve ever ever made have no credibility!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772375-koh-tao-murders-influential-island-figure-vows-to-clear-his-sons-name/?p=8603851

Here it is still visible. They did delete the post where you made the BCD comment but its still there int he replies. Your BCD remark is clearly meant that I have ties to the dive industry.

There are 2 options.. you knew the remark was deleted and called me out on it hoping to damage my reputation again or you forgot about it.

y instead of some lowly worker. So there is prejudice too.

OK....................run along and fill up the air bottles - and after that check the BCD's theres a good boy!!

Here is the post.

Edited by robblok

Robblok - if you look back youll see I believe only one thing and that is that RTP have completely covered up ANY evidence that we may have had in a paid attempt to clear the Tuwichien family of killing the 2 British tourists - there is a myriad of evidence like the stab wounds in David Millers face and shoulders, the phone fiasco, therelease and desperate re arrest of the suspects, This familys previous history of complaints against them- the murder of their competition at their dive club - there is too much evidence to discount them. The Police are close with them and protect them. They will twist ANY evidence that shows they are guilty and HAVE done. DNA samples mean nothing when they are taken by the ones administering the corruption. Nothing will be proven against them - they have the Police on their side. The Headmans son was reported by witnesses at University as not attending school on the day after the murder - however his fellow students reported him as having huge scratches. Anything put against this family will be hushed up and dismissed - i am Thai - i know how things work far better than you.

<snip>

I don't care if you are Thai or not.. you accused me of being a dive master and have a connection to the headman. You did so only based on the fact that I posted an opinion that did not match yours.

Now how much credibility do you think that gives you on your other posts, it actually damages your credibility a lot.

I am not going into any of the evidence you are presenting as I have no way of knowing it is correct. You shown to be untrustworthy by defaming me so easy without proof. How can your other evidence then be considered good.

I liked your posts as they proved to me how far people go and how much of a witch hunt this is. It will never be enough what ever this guy does.

Me I put my hopes on the Brit investigation but I think they are stonewalled. I have no preference for who has done it. I am honestly saying there is a lot of doubt and destroying someones reputation is quite easy.

You just demonstrated that, so I understand this guys anger.

methinks you protesteth too much, dude.
  • Like 1

ROBBLOK..........

LOL .........when did I say you were a divemaster? link to the post please!! Other wise all your posts youve ever ever made have no credibility!!

Oh Just a minute do you mean when i told you to fill the tanks and fix the BCD's?

I meant Carbon dioxide tanks for the Cola and BCD = Burger and chips deliveries!!

Strange how you thought of my post as working for a dive company.....................wonder why??

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

Quite right.... However, he brought it all upon himself by refusing to give his DNA when he was originally asked.... Now if you are innocent, what is wrong with full cooperation with the police.... some people would go as far as to say that by refusing to cooperate, you are wasting police time.

• Like 1

Now that the DNA has been swapped, he is willing to submit to a test.

How the original DNA can swapped? Before you write completly BS go check the Facts about DNA!!!

Today you can mix the DNA from 10 People and they can find out from who it is.

I think what peptidebomber is alluding to: something like: if the original record of the DNA from the victim were tampered with, examples......

>>> take the file on computer and re-name it, or file it differently

>>> if the original DNA read-out from the victim is on a paper card in a file somewhere, how hard would it be to pay someone (the headman has many millions of baht) to slightly skew the records?

Stranger things have happened. There's a true story of an art-forger whose partner went in to the hallowed archives (where art credentials are kept) and clandestinely switched credential vouchers/verifications, in order to make the forgeries appear like originals. For many months, the ruse worked, and the partners got rich.

Of course that is what he was alluding too. But if you assume this then no proof ever is going to be good enough. Even if the Brits investigate because all evidence can be tampered with.

IMHO id let the Brit detectives who are (i assume) top notch do their job. I am pretty sure they are better and have access to more info as all those CSI site people. Also I don't see them do any finger pointing or going public and accusing someone before they got the evidence.

Again not stating the guy is innocent.. im not sure about that but there is enough doubt here that it does not justify a public crucifixion of the guy. Let the Brits do their job and see what they have to say. They will have far better access to all the evidence then people have from behind their computers.

I hope they are not stonewalled by the police, but to be honest I am sure the police is not happy that people are watching them. I know I am never happy when the tax office audits my clients even though i try to work by the book you can always make mistakes. (not suggesting that the police is 100% free of corruption just stating that almost nobody likes it when others look over their shoulder)

Rob, I think you will find that if the British police are allowed to take their own DNA sample from the bodies of the victims, and from whoever is accused, and are allowed to do their own testing (send it to Britain), then everyone will believe the result. Unfortunately Thailand will never let that happen.

Anything short of that will not be good enough, as noone, especially not Thais, trust the Thai police, especially not in high profile cases where influential people with lots of bribe money and lots of face to be saved are involved.

He was already cleared. His father and uncle submitted tests to be cleared. Get the facts right, THE POLICE ALREADY CLEARED HIM because he was not on the island when the murders occurred and the police verified this. Giving this DNA is not for the police but rather the ignorant conspiracy nuts or those listening to them and I truly hope this kid takes actions against those that have accused them maliciously with absolutely no basis but nonsense. THE POLICE ALREADY HAVE MATCHED THE SEMEN WITH THE TWO SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY, there is absolutely no way this kids DNA can match.

the message above was not written by me. Someone else wrote it, so it was mis-appropriated in a subsequent post's commentary.

I am back in the US and have seen where the laws have changed here, requiring everyone convicted of certain misdeameanors and ALL felonies are now REQUIRED to give their DNA I can tell you this with 100% certaintly,

there is NO WAY, I will voluntarily give my DNA, to anyone, for any reason, unless it was to save my kids's life and they needed to check for a an antibody?

Interesting that the two most stalwart defenders of the headman's family and friends, are also the two posters who adamantly insist they would never give DNA samples to authorities.

All those who are not turning backflips to shield the headman's family (99% of us) are pretty much agreed to giving DNA in such a case. Particularly if any one of us were innocent of the crime, and submitting DNA were a way to get cleared.

There are true stories of rapes in farang lands, where every male in the crime region is requested (or required) to submit for DNA - and sometimes authorities nail the rapist by doing so. However, JTJ and JDinasia would be too haughty to comply with such a dragnet.

You can now make a third a category, as what I believe isL

1) the head man knows exactly what happened, and, that is why he is the headman and not the butt

2) the head mans family, all know who did it

3) I am not defender them, I think they are dirty

4) No governement is getting my DNA of my free will, they can die first trying

Happening right now!

"KohTao boss Tuwichian and son Nomsod at Nat. Police HQ to give DNA sample. Police chief says experts from 4 hospitals will verify"

Taken from Jonathan Heads twitter: https://twitter.com/pakhead

Be a good idea to have the UKP to verify at the same time id have thought.

I love the line Thai police chief says today's DNA tests by #KohTao boss & son have no impact on murder investigation, which is already complete

• Like 1

Testing the headman's son and retesting the Burmese boys by the RTP will not satisfy the doubters. There needs to be a totally independent DNA test to put to rest the conspiracy theory.There also needs to be a further enquiry into the third persons DNA found on the girls body.

Dear god, yap yap yap, has anyone bothered to click on this link http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/ of todays date saying the police have already arrested Mon, the headman's brother and they are now seeking Mon who has fled to Bangkok w00t.gif

Or you can look at the numerous articles that say they officially cleared him on the 25th and confirmed he never fled the island because he was never there at that time and witnesses, the university he was attending and video surveillance from his apartment building confirmed this.

They already matched the DNA from the crime scene to the two suspects in custody.

Your link though clearly shows the police had no fear in pursuing this family and no motivation not to pursue if the case pointed to them, just as they accused and named other suspects early on and then cleared them.

What jpeg's link shows is yes, at that early stage, the investigators were not afraid to pursue leads which might point to the powerful island family. However, even when doing so, it was a lukewarm effort. It took cops a week to locate the 22 yr old boy in Bkk (none of his island family helped in that pursuit. They kept saying 'we don't know where he is'). That week enabled Nomsod and his lawyer to arrange for a bogus video grab 'alibi' which convinced no one. Soon after, the Thai PM appointed a new head cop, and right away (and from that moment onward), the entire focus of Thai officialdom was on nailing the Burmese scapegoats.
  • Like 2

And I'm going to sue whoever dared to tell the truth, farang don't understand this is Thailand and the truth is just a minor inconvieance that shouldn't be taken seriously!

Exactly what they mean.. the DNA is swapped.. no proof of this statement at all but posted anyway.

WHY was his DNA not checked before ?

And I'm going to sue whoever dared to tell the truth, farang don't understand this is Thailand and the truth is just a minor inconvieance that shouldn't be taken seriously!

Exactly what they mean.. the DNA is swapped.. no proof of this statement at all but posted anyway.

Because police cleared him after they were able to confirm he was in Bangkok when the murders occurred.

I am not completely ignorant of case developments and don't rely on month old links speaking of old accusations that were just as publicly dismissed. Why only go back a month? Why not go back to articles where they accused the farang friend who had a cut and who was found with bloody clothes in his luggage? Maybe because he was cleared too as the fact came out.

I am not sure if some people are just so out of touch with reality that they cannot get beyond a conspiracy theory or if they are purposely being obtuse because of the posts they have made about this case continue to prove to be complete and utter BS right from the whole nonsense with the phone conspiracy.

We can agree on some things. I too would like to see authorities take a close look at Sean and all that he knows about the crime. The fact that he split from Thailand, despite strong indications of his connection to the crime (at least as a witness) speaks volumes about why the police let him skip away toot sweet. Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1

Yes. He is more powerful than both the army and the police, in a sense that neither will go after his family, under any circumstances. The only reason this has not "gone away" is due to the influence of the public and the relentless posts and peoples unwillingness to let it go. You cannot clear your sons reputation, as your son is as guilty as the day is long. And this is not the first crime he has committed. I realize your family is accustomed to getting off "Scot free" all these years. You have all been able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want. That is ending here. At least for now. Get used to being under the spotlight. Thank your unconscious son for that. He grew up surrounded with hundreds of millions of dollars. As a son of a family nobody touches. Now, he has attracted unwanted attention. Too bad. Pay the price for your behavior, and your lack of concern for people, and for society. You are not the best of what Thailand has to offer.

Initial statement proven to be untrue. They did indeed go after them and they were cleared.

See Bangkok Post articled titled "Former Koh Tao murder 'suspect' confirms innocence" dated Sep. 30th.

In the article it clearly states he was named as a suspect and clearly states police later "officially cleared him" on Sep. 25th.

See Bangkok post article dated 1st October "Murder suspect admits guilt and says I and my family did it

In this article it clearly states he was not officially cleared by a reliable Police force who refuse to take bribes and he admitted guilt - on Sept 26th

yes made up - just like YOUR last 316 posts!!

See Bangkok post article dated 1st October "Murder suspect admits guilt and says I and my family did it

In this article it clearly states he was not officially cleared by a reliable Police force who refuse to take bribes and he admitted guilt - on Sept 26th

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse

See the September 23rd Nation article.

You are wrong. Making crap up to try and prove a point makes your position weaker.

Because police cleared him after they were able to confirm he was in Bangkok when the murders occurred.

Police.police..police.........................like theyre even a reliable source - your argument falls down once again and we dont believe you!!

JohnThailandJohn post # 223

You do of course have irrefutable proof concerning your statement don't you?

Perhaps you are not aware of the ''creativity'' of the Thai police farce force when financial inducements are to be had.

One tends to be very concerned as to your one man crusade stance in this matter, perhaps you are involved as a family member or friend?

Perhaps you were involved in a past incarnation as that misguided blind to the truth Lord Longford that ardent supporter of Myra Hindley ?whistling.gif

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

If the guy is innocent?? Well yeah, but if he was innocent he would of submitted long ago to a DNA test.

Why ? Because some people don't believe him ?. This is not trial by media. I know that I would be real wary giving off my DNA to the Thai police who knows what happens with it. If there is no real good reason for it I would certainly never give of DNA to satisfy some internet group.

Who knows how convincing his real evidence was for being in BKK. The stuff you guys have not see. It is as if everyone thinks that they are entitled to all the evidence and know the same stuff as the police.

I have a police friend buddy (back in my birth country) he tells me that even there what is printed in newspapers is often far from what has actually happened. I find it amusing to say the least that people think they can do an investigation from behind their computer instead of having the real facts the police is privileged too.

I make no claims about this guy either way, but his reputation is toast either way. This will hunt them for a long time even if not guilty.

But many farangs hate rich Thais with a vengeance because then they cant feel superior. Admit it its much nicer if some HISO is guilty instead of some lowly worker. So there is prejudice too.

If the Thai media report facts then Numnuts was the first suspect as his behaviour directly after the crime aroused the suspicion of the original investigating officer. The spotlight was immediately taken off him and the original investigator removed from the case. The Burmese two were then marched in and subjected to a ludacris reenactment. None of this was made up by internet investigators it was reported by the Thai media. If the original suspects behaviour is factual then he needs to be fully(transparently) investigated, cleared or indicted.

We all suffer great disappointment in the knowledge of living in an unjust world, so it's only natural that we will strive to expose those who can buy their own justice.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

On the OTHER HAND if the guy was innocent, why didn't he voluntarily participate in the DNA testing like so many of the islanders were ORDERED to do the same? It is his refusal that may have caused damage to his image.

Or you can look at the numerous articles that say they officially cleared him on the 25th and confirmed he never fled the island because he was never there at that time and witnesses, the university he was attending and video surveillance from his apartment building confirmed this.

Ok, we can agree to disagree. I'd like to assume both of us would like the REAL criminals to be nailed for this horrendous crime.

However, to believe the 2 stills from the video evidence are a sound alibi is a reeaaaaally big stretch. Come on John, admit it.

There are 6 yr old Thais proficient on computers who could dispel that ruse.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fabricated

See the September 23rd Nation article.

You are wrong. Making crap up to try and prove a point makes your position weaker.

So why do you and JTJ do it?