Koh Tao murders: Influential island figure vows to clear his son's name

webfact

"He will present a sample to clear his name"

So who's sample will he present..?

I would like to know...like professional cyclist at the Tour de France with the urine of a horse in a little bulb ?...

Will the Scotland Yard police take themselves this DNA ?

• Like 1

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am back in the US and have seen where the laws have changed here, requiring everyone convicted of certain misdeameanors and ALL felonies are now REQUIRED to give their DNA I can tell you this with 100% certaintly,

there is NO WAY, I will voluntarily give my DNA, to anyone, for any reason, unless it was to save my kids's life and they needed to check for a an antibody?

Interesting that the two most stalwart defenders of the headman's family and friends, are also the two posters who adamantly insist they would never give DNA samples to authorities.

All those who are not turning backflips to shield the headman's family (99% of us) are pretty much agreed to giving DNA in such a case. Particularly if any one of us were innocent of the crime, and submitting DNA were a way to get cleared.

There are true stories of rapes in farang lands, where every male in the crime region is requested (or required) to submit for DNA - and sometimes authorities nail the rapist by doing so. However, JTJ and JDinasia would be too haughty to comply with such a dragnet.

He was already cleared. His father and uncle submitted tests to be cleared. Get the facts right, THE POLICE ALREADY CLEARED HIM because he was not on the island when the murders occurred and the police verified this. Giving this DNA is not for the police but rather the ignorant conspiracy nuts or those listening to them and I truly hope this kid takes actions against those that have accused them maliciously with absolutely no basis but nonsense. THE POLICE ALREADY HAVE MATCHED THE SEMEN WITH THE TWO SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY, there is absolutely no way this kids DNA can match.

He run from the DNA testing. His father and brother weren't tested as well (you can see if a family member is the person you search for).

So how can this guy win.

By not doing everything he's done to lose. I don't know how you can feel for him; innocent men conduct themselves very differently.

His lying is a clue. His failure to clear his name with truth he'd have had at his disposal if he was innocent is another clue. He ran from the DNA testing.

He's guilty.

• Like 2

I am back in the US and have seen where the laws have changed here, requiring everyone convicted of certain misdeameanors and ALL felonies are now REQUIRED to give their DNA I can tell you this with 100% certaintly,

there is NO WAY, I will voluntarily give my DNA, to anyone, for any reason, unless it was to save my kids's life and they needed to check for a an antibody?

Interesting that the two most stalwart defenders of the headman's family and friends, are also the two posters who adamantly insist they would never give DNA samples to authorities.

All those who are not turning backflips to shield the headman's family (99% of us) are pretty much agreed to giving DNA in such a case. Particularly if any one of us were innocent of the crime, and submitting DNA were a way to get cleared.

There are true stories of rapes in farang lands, where every male in the crime region is requested (or required) to submit for DNA - and sometimes authorities nail the rapist by doing so. However, JTJ and JDinasia would be too haughty to comply with such a dragnet.

He was already cleared. His father and uncle submitted tests to be cleared. Get the facts right, THE POLICE ALREADY CLEARED HIM because he was not on the island when the murders occurred and the police verified this. Giving this DNA is not for the police but rather the ignorant conspiracy nuts or those listening to them and I truly hope this kid takes actions against those that have accused them maliciously with absolutely no basis but nonsense. THE POLICE ALREADY HAVE MATCHED THE SEMEN WITH THE TWO SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY, there is absolutely no way this kids DNA can match.

You live in fantasy land JTJ- he is NOT cleared only in your mind THE POLICE are not a reliable source so STOP quoting them in every post. <snip> He was not cleared he was seen on a camera next door to the University at 9am and leaving the island at 6am - he was already reported by reliable witnesses as having "very large scratches" on his arms - a fact you again ignore!! The suspects in custody were beaten to confess THAT WE KNOW!!!!!!!!! and the police falsely produced the DNA - <snip> !

Edited by Jai Dee
Personal attacks deleted
  • Like 1

The police publicly accused this kid and family of being involved in the murder. They took family members into custody and interrogated the kid and family and took DNA from the family and eventually cleared them all including confirming the kid was not on the island but was in Bangkok when the murders occurred. Same thing happened to a number of people early in the investigation... they were accused and then cleared. The police clearly have shown no fear or favoritism towards this family in this case but yet some cannot grasp they have no reason to cover for this family and there is no reason to suspect this family's involvement especially now since they have two unrelated suspects in custody whose DNA did match.

Why did he refuse up to now for his sons DNA to be taken?

Is he above the law?

Yes. He is more powerful than both the army and the police, in a sense that neither will go after his family, under any circumstances. The only reason this has not "gone away" is due to the influence of the public and the relentless posts and peoples unwillingness to let it go. You cannot clear your sons reputation, as your son is as guilty as the day is long. And this is not the first crime he has committed. I realize your family is accustomed to getting off "Scot free" all these years. You have all been able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want. That is ending here. At least for now. Get used to being under the spotlight. Thank your unconscious son for that. He grew up surrounded with hundreds of millions of dollars. As a son of a family nobody touches. Now, he has attracted unwanted attention. Too bad. Pay the price for your behavior, and your lack of concern for people, and for society. You are not the best of what Thailand has to offer.

Well Done.................someone who knows how things REALLY are!!!

Is he above the law?

Yes. He is more powerful than both the army and the police, in a sense that neither will go after his family, under any circumstances. The only reason this has not "gone away" is due to the influence of the public and the relentless posts and peoples unwillingness to let it go. You cannot clear your sons reputation, as your son is as guilty as the day is long. And this is not the first crime he has committed. I realize your family is accustomed to getting off "Scot free" all these years. You have all been able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want. That is ending here. At least for now. Get used to being under the spotlight. Thank your unconscious son for that. He grew up surrounded with hundreds of millions of dollars. As a son of a family nobody touches. Now, he has attracted unwanted attention. Too bad. Pay the price for your behavior, and your lack of concern for people, and for society. You are not the best of what Thailand has to offer.

Initial statement proven to be untrue. They did indeed go after them and they were cleared.

It's hard to see why almost everyone is blinkered to thinking if the B2 didn't do it this means only one other suspect. I feel there were always leads pointing towards this person and they should have been followed thoroughly. If DNA clears him then his family have every right to be pissed off as he has been hounded in the media.

However some of that blame lies at home with the family as they could have given DNA and the cctv footage proving him in Bangkok long ago if he is innocent.

Hundreds of samples were collected from people and I'm sure most had an alibi. There was always suspicion that a certain person looked very similar to cctv footage running near the crime scene. That is reason enough to take DNA from him. Mon should HAVE to give DNA along with police at the scene even if only to eliminate cock ups as he walked around the scene in the first hours.

It is absolutely possible the real killers have not even been looked at yet by police or the media.

Your opening paragraph sounds like we (internet sleuths) are looking too harshly at Nomsod. However, the remainder of your post appears more in line with us barking hounds (I'm one of them). From the beginning, I thought (and still think) not only Nomsod, but some of his buddies were intrinsically involved in the crime, with possibly a cop or two (who are even more untouchable than VIPs, if that's possible). Let's hope the Brit experts will do a good job, and the evidence will nail the real culprits. If not, some nasty rapists and murderers will continue to roam around those clubs where go our sons, daughters, sisters and brothers.

He cleared his name with the police. Social media has no standing in the case.

That's like saying 'he cleared his name with his grandmother.' In case you haven't noticed, police have been bending over backwards to shield the headman's people.
  • Like 1

Now that the DNA has been swapped, he is willing to submit to a test.

How the original DNA can swapped? Before you write completly BS go check the Facts about DNA!!!

Today you can mix the DNA from 10 People and they can find out from who it is.

I think what peptidebomber is alluding to: something like: if the original record of the DNA from the victim were tampered with, examples......

>>> take the file on computer and re-name it, or file it differently

>>> if the original DNA read-out from the victim is on a paper card in a file somewhere, how hard would it be to pay someone (the headman has many millions of baht) to slightly skew the records?

Stranger things have happened. There's a true story of an art-forger whose partner went in to the hallowed archives (where art credentials are kept) and clandestinely switched credential vouchers/verifications, in order to make the forgeries appear like originals. For many months, the ruse worked, and the partners got rich.

Of course that is what he was alluding too. But if you assume this then no proof ever is going to be good enough. Even if the Brits investigate because all evidence can be tampered with.

IMHO id let the Brit detectives who are (i assume) top notch do their job. I am pretty sure they are better and have access to more info as all those CSI site people. Also I don't see them do any finger pointing or going public and accusing someone before they got the evidence.

Again not stating the guy is innocent.. im not sure about that but there is enough doubt here that it does not justify a public crucifixion of the guy. Let the Brits do their job and see what they have to say. They will have far better access to all the evidence then people have from behind their computers.

I hope they are not stonewalled by the police, but to be honest I am sure the police is not happy that people are watching them. I know I am never happy when the tax office audits my clients even though i try to work by the book you can always make mistakes. (not suggesting that the police is 100% free of corruption just stating that almost nobody likes it when others look over their shoulder)

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

It's their own problem, they could have submitted to a DNA test early on - no match then, problem gone. Now nobody will believe it anymore.

What've you been sleeping? They did submit their DNA (See post #124). Do try and keep up.

Just keep in mind that not all samples submitted were processed.

The police publicly accused this kid and family of being involved in the murder. They took family members into custody and interrogated the kid and family and took DNA from the family and eventually cleared them all including confirming the kid was not on the island but was in Bangkok when the murders occurred. Same thing happened to a number of people early in the investigation... they were accused and then cleared. The police clearly have shown no fear or favoritism towards this family in this case but yet some cannot grasp they have no reason to cover for this family and there is no reason to suspect this family's involvement especially now since they have two unrelated suspects in custody whose DNA did match.

Another fantasy post - do you imagine everything in your life and pretend its true?!! Please show evidence the police accused him.

It's hard to see why almost everyone is blinkered to thinking if the B2 didn't do it this means only one other suspect. I feel there were always leads pointing towards this person and they should have been followed thoroughly. If DNA clears him then his family have every right to be pissed off as he has been hounded in the media.

However some of that blame lies at home with the family as they could have given DNA and the cctv footage proving him in Bangkok long ago if he is innocent.

Hundreds of samples were collected from people and I'm sure most had an alibi. There was always suspicion that a certain person looked very similar to cctv footage running near the crime scene. That is reason enough to take DNA from him. Mon should HAVE to give DNA along with police at the scene even if only to eliminate cock ups as he walked around the scene in the first hours.

It is absolutely possible the real killers have not even been looked at yet by police or the media.

Your opening paragraph sounds like we (internet sleuths) are looking too harshly at Nomsod. However, the remainder of your post appears more in line with us barking hounds (I'm one of them). From the beginning, I thought (and still think) not only Nomsod, but some of his buddies were intrinsically involved in the crime, with possibly a cop or two (who are even more untouchable than VIPs, if that's possible). Let's hope the Brit experts will do a good job, and the evidence will nail the real culprits. If not, some nasty rapists and murderers will continue to roam around those clubs where go our sons, daughters, sisters and brothers.

That's like saying 'he cleared his name with his grandmother.' In case you haven't noticed, police have been bending over backwards to shield the headman's people.

Wrong. The police named them as suspects. They were subsequently cleared.

the police did... the police said... the police what... ?

No no your supposed to accept the police claims as fact.. BECAUSE WHEN SHOUTING SOMETHING IT MUST BE BELIEVED.............. coffee1.gif

JTJ looks a little hysterical to me this morning.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Is he above the law?

Initial statement proven to be untrue. They did indeed go after them and they were cleared.

Again...........I request you post evidence of this statement

Time stamps on the cctv video on Mon in Bangkok can easily be changed. Just looked at CSI and a Thai guy there shows how to do it. So tried on my cctv that I have and bingo, can change the time stamp at any point from the past videos

....and you probably did a lot more convincing job (at altering the time stamp) than the bumblers who did it for Nomsod.

Robblok - if you look back youll see I believe only one thing and that is that RTP have completely covered up ANY evidence that we may have had in a paid attempt to clear the Tuwichien family of killing the 2 British tourists - there is a myriad of evidence like the stab wounds in David Millers face and shoulders, the phone fiasco, therelease and desperate re arrest of the suspects, This familys previous history of complaints against them- the murder of their competition at their dive club - there is too much evidence to discount them. The Police are close with them and protect them. They will twist ANY evidence that shows they are guilty and HAVE done. DNA samples mean nothing when they are taken by the ones administering the corruption. Nothing will be proven against them - they have the Police on their side. The Headmans son was reported by witnesses at University as not attending school on the day after the murder - however his fellow students reported him as having huge scratches. Anything put against this family will be hushed up and dismissed - i am Thai - i know how things work far better than you.

<snip>

I don't care if you are Thai or not.. you accused me of being a dive master and have a connection to the headman. You did so only based on the fact that I posted an opinion that did not match yours.

Now how much credibility do you think that gives you on your other posts, it actually damages your credibility a lot.

I am not going into any of the evidence you are presenting as I have no way of knowing it is correct. You shown to be untrustworthy by defaming me so easy without proof. How can your other evidence then be considered good.

I liked your posts as they proved to me how far people go and how much of a witch hunt this is. It will never be enough what ever this guy does.

Me I put my hopes on the Brit investigation but I think they are stonewalled. I have no preference for who has done it. I am honestly saying there is a lot of doubt and destroying someones reputation is quite easy.

You just demonstrated that, so I understand this guys anger.

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

If the guy is innocent?? Well yeah, but if he was innocent he would of submitted long ago to a DNA test.

Why ? Because some people don't believe him ?. This is not trial by media. I know that I would be real wary giving off my DNA to the Thai police who knows what happens with it. If there is no real good reason for it I would certainly never give of DNA to satisfy some internet group.

Who knows how convincing his real evidence was for being in BKK. The stuff you guys have not see. It is as if everyone thinks that they are entitled to all the evidence and know the same stuff as the police.

I have a police friend buddy (back in my birth country) he tells me that even there what is printed in newspapers is often far from what has actually happened. I find it amusing to say the least that people think they can do an investigation from behind their computer instead of having the real facts the police is privileged too.

I make no claims about this guy either way, but his reputation is toast either way. This will hunt them for a long time even if not guilty.

But many farangs hate rich Thais with a vengeance because then they cant feel superior. Admit it its much nicer if some HISO is guilty instead of some lowly worker. So there is prejudice too.

How can you compare your birth country's police dept to that of Thailand? Dude, do you know where you are? People here are speculating from experience with, and living near, the RTP for many years. This is NOT an isolated ONE time incident. So, your words fall on deaf ears.

Edited by templedog
  • Like 2

Wrong. The police named them as suspects. They were subsequently cleared.

Yet again.................another unsubstantiated unsupported claim................OK heres another one just as untrue as yours.

"Today the British Police found clear evidence that there was DNA of the Tuwichien family in the AC Bar and inside the female victim"

There thats as true as what youve posted since 16th September!!

• Like 1

He will "present" a sample. Someone needs to let him know that is not the way it is done. He needs to present himself and a qualified, independent, person takes the sample.

The British investigators are at Kho Tao now. Let them take a sample and run the DNA testing. If negative, good, his son is cleared.

may I add.... IF the Brits have DNA data taken from the victim.

However, even if DNA doesn't match (using Brit expertise, no Thai) then there could be a possibility that Nomsod (and his buddies) may have been involved with the assault, if other clues point to that. In other words, a person can be a murderer without also being a rapist. A key factor in this case is the scenario in the nearby backpacker bar(s) in the hours prior to the crime. Cops haven't said anything about it (haven't investigated that?) but social media has, and social media could have some nuggets of truth to add to the mix.

But so even if he is cleared he is still guilty.. That is what I mean no proof is ever good enough it seems.

read what you're responding to again.... "if other clues point to that"

Robblok - if you look back youll see I believe only one thing and that is that RTP have completely covered up ANY evidence that we may have had in a paid attempt to clear the Tuwichien family of killing the 2 British tourists - there is a myriad of evidence like the stab wounds in David Millers face and shoulders, the phone fiasco, therelease and desperate re arrest of the suspects, This familys previous history of complaints against them- the murder of their competition at their dive club - there is too much evidence to discount them. The Police are close with them and protect them. They will twist ANY evidence that shows they are guilty and HAVE done. DNA samples mean nothing when they are taken by the ones administering the corruption. Nothing will be proven against them - they have the Police on their side. The Headmans son was reported by witnesses at University as not attending school on the day after the murder - however his fellow students reported him as having huge scratches. Anything put against this family will be hushed up and dismissed - i am Thai - i know how things work far better than you.

<snip>

I don't care if you are Thai or not.. you accused me of being a dive master and have a connection to the headman. You did so only based on the fact that I posted an opinion that did not match yours.

Now how much credibility do you think that gives you on your other posts, it actually damages your credibility a lot.

I am not going into any of the evidence you are presenting as I have no way of knowing it is correct. You shown to be untrustworthy by defaming me so easy without proof. How can your other evidence then be considered good.

I liked your posts as they proved to me how far people go and how much of a witch hunt this is. It will never be enough what ever this guy does.

Me I put my hopes on the Brit investigation but I think they are stonewalled. I have no preference for who has done it. I am honestly saying there is a lot of doubt and destroying someones reputation is quite easy.

You just demonstrated that, so I understand this guys a

LOL .........when did I say you were a divemaster? link to the post please!! Other wise all your posts youve ever ever made have no credibility!!

• Like 2

Phew, what a relief. Leaving the justice to the Police means very little.

That is why their is courts, defense attorneys and appeals processes.

...............and thats why the prosecution case has been thrown out three times already but corrupt police can resubmit!!

Dont you think JTJ????

the police did... the police said... the police what... ?

No no your supposed to accept the police claims as fact.. BECAUSE WHEN SHOUTING SOMETHING IT MUST BE BELIEVED.............. coffee1.gif

JTJ looks a little hysterical to me this morning.whistling.gif

or just looking to grab some brownie points wink.png whatever...

• Like 1

In Post #142 Robblock said this: "Its a right not to do a DNA test if there is not sufficient evidence against you."

I was interested to see if this was true in Thailand, so I looked at the Thailand Code of Criminal Procedure (TCCP).

http://www.humanrights.asia/countries/thailand/laws/Criminal%20Procedure%20Code%20I.pdf

What I found out was very interesting and relevant to this case (and its importance goes beyond this case), regardless of what side of the debate you are on.

My paraphrased reading of Section 130 of the TCCP is this:

• In Thailand the police have the right to take DNA samples
  • The consent of the person from whom the sample is taken must be obtained
  • HOWEVER, if the person refuses to give consent without "reasonable grounds", then there will be a presumption that the test will show exactly what the person did not want it to show (i.e. they will assume your DNA matches that left at the crime scene).

I don't know how "reasonable grounds is interpreted in Thailand or how Section 130 of the TCCP is implemented in practice, but "to protect my civil rights" does not appear to be grounds for refusal of a DNA test from everything I have seen---although that is just my observation not what I know.

Many provisions of the TCCP are interesting and relevant to this case regardless of what position you support:

For example:

Search Warrants: Police apparently do not need "reasonable suspicion" or "probable cause" for a search warrant ... they just need to state what they are looking for and that it "may be used as evidence for the sake of an inquiry, preliminary hearing or trial".

Again I don't know how this is implemented in practice, but this is what the law says.

Arrest Warrants: Police do need probable cause ("person is likely to have committed an offence") for an arrest warrant.

There are also provisions on summons for interrogation, unlawful means of interrogation, when and how long a person can be held without formal charge, etc.

So if you want to know and not guess, then go look it up.

Here's a couple of sections to save you some time.

Ordinary Inquiries
Section 130
An inquiry shall be opened without delay. It may be held at any place wherever or any time whenever as deemed appropriate without the accused being present.
Section 131
An inquirer shall, as much as possible, collect every kind of evidence for the purpose of ascertaining all facts and circumstances in respect of the offence alleged, identifying the offender and proving the guilt or innocence of the accused.
Section 131/1
Where scientific evidence is required for the purpose of proving the facts pursuant to section 131, the inquirer shall be empowered to order any person, object or document to be analysed by scientific means.
As regards an offence liable to the maximum imprisonment for a term exceeding three years, if the analysis pursuant to paragraph 1 requires a specimen of blood, tissue, skin, hair, saliva, urine, fæces, secreted substance, nucleic acid or bodily organ to be collected from the accused, victim or person concerned, the responsible inquirer shall be invested with the power to order a physician or expert to carry out such analysis to the extent necessary and appropriate and in a manner causing slightest suffering to the person and not being detrimental against that person’s body or health.
In this respect, the consent of the accused, victim or person concerned must be obtained.
Should the accused or victim withhold his consent or perform any act to impede any person concerned from giving such consent without reasonable grounds, it shall preliminarily be presumed that the fact is in line with the outcome of the analysis which, if having been held, would be noxious towards such accused or victim, as the case may be.

Section 66 Arrest Warrants

A warrant of arrest shall be issued on the following grounds:
(1) When there is justifiable evidence supporting that any person is likely to have committed an offence liable to the maximum imprisonment for a term surpassing three years; or
(2) When there is justifiable evidence supporting that any person might have committed an offence and there is reasonable belief that he may abscond, tamper with evidence or cause another danger.
Section 69 Search Warrants
A warrant of search may be directed for any of the following purposes:
  • Discovering and seizing an article which may be used as evidence for the sake of an inquiry, preliminary hearing or trial.
  • Discovering and seizing an article whose possession constitutes an offence, or which has been obtained by unlawful means or which is reasonably suspected to have been used or intended to be used for committing an offence.
  • Discovering and rescuing a person who is unlawfully detained or confined.
  • Discovering any person against whom a warrant of arrest is issued.
  • Discovering and seizing an article pursuant to a judicial judgment or order, in the event where such discovery or seizure cannot be elsewise implemented.
Edited by Bleacher Bum East

Everyone wanted this kid DNA tested and now he is, is anybody happy? Does anyone actually believe there is a chance his DNA will match the DNA they already matched to the two suspects in custody? Let me go out on a limb here and look into my crystal ball and predict that his DNA will not be a match.

What ARE you talking about? His DNA will not match anyone except himself and DNA he has left as he does what he does from day to day. The test is whether his DNA matches any found at the crime scene and specifically on the implements used to kill the two young beautiful people and that left inside an on them from the violence and rape.

The second issue, if you believe there is any chance at all that this is a set up, is whether the DNA from the crime scene produced by the wonderful Unbribable Royal Thai Police force is what they say it is.

Unfortunately most people on the planet who have any knowledge of the Thai Police do not trust them as far as one can spit. If there is a cover up then the DNA from the crime scene and specifically this suspect will have been removed and replaced.

One hopes that it would be impossible to completely clean a body of DNA where there has been no cremation and that Scotland Yard have taken samples and carried out a thorough investigation to have unsullied DNA evidence to test against.

Since we do not know whether there is uncontaminated evidence that has not been possibly tampered with and since we do not even know what samples his DNA will be tested against nor whether the tests will be carried out by an independent body or the RTP bozos again - the whole idea seems like another attempt to mislead the media. I hope the truth comes out but Thai authorities are notoriously pro-Thai and have proven many times in the past that they are adept at cover ups and bribes. It is time for transparency in the law here because the law is the basis and litmus for a society which Thailand miserably fails - it is about as transparent as molasses and as corrupt as a virulent internet worm.

• Like 2