Mormons finding captive audience (nice photo)

WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they ever accost you, reach inside your bag and say, "Hey, I've got some excellent weed here. Wanna buy some?" The pests will bugger off immediately.

That reminds me of this case..

"offered the missionaries 30 freshly baked small cookies, of which the Elders ate 10 to 12 each, while their hosts ate three or four"

Ten each! Blimey... blink.png

And then they cycled home!

... on the solar bike lane! cool.png

Or in other words people don`t mind fun being poked at any religion providing it`s not their own.

Perhaps the poster is taking precautions just in case the Jews decide to have a change in policy.

Just stating facts. It doesn't happen and will never happen. Yes, you CAN convert to Judaism but it is a long hard road and you have to take the initiative. Nobody is coming calling for you.

...unless you live on the West Bank.

That was kind of cute.

I guess this is as close as it gets for Jews, but only directed at Jews ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45irK1ufcTk

Well the video above was removed, but the same kind of thing, this one MUCH FUNNIER!

But still some religions really do come off as sillier than others. The Mormons with their get your own planet thing are really far out there.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's ridiculous to argue about things that are beyond our comprehension.

Lighten up, take a rest.

If your posts are anything to go by, you sound like a person who is deeply disturbed.

Thank you. A day without an insult from an amateur pop psychologist is like a squid without a saxophone.

Also I don't think Mormon dogma is about comprehension or logic but more about faith. I reckon they would tell you similar

Edited by Jingthing

But still some religions really do come off as sillier than others. The Mormons with their get your own planet thing are really far out there.

It's ridiculous to argue about things that are beyond our comprehension.

Lighten up, take a rest.

If your posts are anything to go by, you sound like a person who is deeply disturbed.

I hear he gets deeply disturbed regularly...

Mormons, Catholics, Jews, atheists etc. - you all guys underestimate one thing.

You can argue, joke, preach and pray FREELY!

Without your head being cut off. I sort of like it...

Edited by ABCer

Why do people find god during sex....i never have...a true atheist

You mean your partner has never cried out: "Oh my god!!!!!!!" at the appropriate moment.

I do not not mean the one followed by laughter after you take your pants off.

Mormon Church Admits For First Time That Founder Joseph Smith Had A 14-Year-Old Bride

Ask them about the latest news story. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/mormon-joseph-smith-teen-bride_n_6054272.html

Big deal.

The essay noted that while inappropriate by today's standards, marriage among teen girls was legal and somewhat common during that time.

Also in LoS young girls as brides and mistresses etc hardly raise eyebrows either.

I do not know much about Mormons but have had the "pleasure" of working closely with a guy for nearly 10 years deeply connected to the Seventh-Day Adventist church.

My personal conclusion is that these people are a sad bunch of people with low selfestime, who are very easy to manipulate and take advantage of.

The more I got to know the guy, I actually felt more and more sorry for him. Basically, because the religion did not help him, but instead just made his own life worse and worse. In the end, he was so "brainwashed", that he simply could not keep his job, because he drove normal people around him nuts, with his constant references to and preaching about his church and beliefs. He simply lost what I would call normal social skills and the ability interact properly with people outside of his church.

You simply felt like wanting to kill him, if you met him and he started preaching to you. There was no understanding or ability to respect other peoples beliefs from his side and a normal objective discussion about religion, was of course also impossible.

After knowing this guy and watching him change as the years went by, I really started to feel sorry for these people. I really hope for them, that they find their paradise after they die, but it also makes me happy knowing that I will not have to spend eternity with any of them. I would rather spend eternity on a BBQ with a 500 THB street prostitute. At least there you will find common sense, respect and no judgement on other people.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 2

I do not know much about Mormons but have had the "pleasure" of working closely with a guy for nearly 10 years deeply connected to the Seventh-Day Adventist church.

My personal conclusion is that these people are a sad bunch of people with low selfestime, who are very easy to manipulate and take advantage of.

The more I got to know the guy, I actually felt more and more sorry for him. Basically, because the religion did not help him, but instead just made his own life worse and worse. In the end, he was so "brainwashed", that he simply could not keep his job, because he drove normal people around him nuts, with his constant references to and preaching about his church and beliefs. He simply lost what I would call normal social skills and the ability interact properly with people outside of his church.

You simply felt like wanting to kill him, if you met him and he started preaching to you. There was no understanding or ability to respect other peoples beliefs from his side and a normal objective discussion about religion, was of course also impossible.

After knowing this guy and watching him change as the years went by, I really started to feel sorry for these people. I really hope for them, that they find their paradise after they die, but it also makes me happy knowing that I will not have to spend eternity with any of them. I would rather spend eternity on a BBQ with a 500 THB street prostitute. At least there you will find common sense, respect and no judgement on other people.

so you say you dont know much about them but feel sorry for these people based on you aquaintance with ONE mormon?? lol

Say what you want. I'd rather run into a bunch of Mormons than the typical bar crowd.

Misguided as they may be (but who am I to judge?), I have a respect for young people who use their own funds and their gap years to go on a mission where their instructions are "be of service". Sadly, like a lot of well intentioned actions, the easiest and firmest scorecard to keep is how many converts they have. I'm at a loss to score how much soft "service" one has been to humanity, so I can't fault them there.

What (and who) did you guys do on your gap year(s)?

And if you want to gain a whole new level of respect for Mormons, look for the documentary of one of their communes in Mexico and how they deal with the local drug lords. You think the Israelis know how to protect themselves...

Say what you want. I'd rather run into a bunch of Mormons than the typical bar crowd.

Misguided as they may be (but who am I to judge?), I have a respect for young people who use their own funds and their gap years to go on a mission where their instructions are "be of service". Sadly, like a lot of well intentioned actions, the easiest and firmest scorecard to keep is how many converts they have. I'm at a loss to score how much soft "service" one has been to humanity, so I can't fault them there.

What (and who) did you guys do on your gap year(s)?

And if you want to gain a whole new level of respect for Mormons, look for the documentary of one of their communes in Mexico and how they deal with the local drug lords. You think the Israelis know how to protect themselves...

A lot of guys I knew went to Vietnam for the gap years. They called it the draft back then.

so you say you dont know much about them but feel sorry for these people based on you aquaintance with ONE mormon?? lol

I never said I knew a Mormon (which I dont). I know a Seventh-Day Adventist guy, whom I have worked with every day for nearly 10 years. I also know his entire family, who also have the same religion. He even took me to their church a few times. But since Mormons and SDA are pretty much the same thing, then "Yes" I do feel sorry for them, simply because they (from my point of view) are brainwashed and unsecure people. I believe that if you are confident with who you are and your religion, then you have no need to annoy others with it.

I never said I knew a Mormon (which I dont). I know a Seventh-Day Adventist guy, whom I have worked with every day for nearly 10 years. I also know his entire family, who also have the same religion. He even took me to their church a few times. But since Mormons and SDA are pretty much the same thing, then "Yes" I do feel sorry for them, simply because they (from my point of view) are brainwashed and unsecure people. I believe that if you are confident with who you are and your religion, then you have no need to annoy others with it.

my apologies, i read it wrong. but its not a matter of confidence, their god has supposedly charged them with spreading his word.

Edited by AYJAYDEE