Phuket road rage shooter ‘has been identified’

webfact

Phuket road rage shooter ‘has been identified’

pkt.jpg

The shooting took place at a red light, in the middle of traffic.

PHUKET: -- Police say they now know the identity of the gunman who shot dead motorbike taxi driver Chaliao Piyapakul yesterday morning (October 30) in what appears to have been a case of road rage.

A warrant for the arrest of Suwat Saejong, 60, a resident of Kathu, was due to be issued today.

Officers visited a number of motorcycle shops around the island looking for information on the number plate of the bike, and found one shop where staff knew Suwat.

They also found that Suwat was the owner of two 9mm pistols – Mr Chaliao was killed by a 9mm bullet to the head.

They then visited a shooting range near Suwat’s house where they thought he might have practiced shooting, and encountered a friend, Saeree Saeliu.

After seeing the CCTV footage and photos of the shooting, and after examining some of the bullet casings left at the scene, Mr Saeree positively identified Suwat as the shooter.

Police expect to catch up with him soon.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-road-rage-shooter-‘has-been-identified’-49428.php

tpn.jpg

-- Phuket News 2014-10-31

See what happens when you show yhe REAL CCTV footage.....killers are caught properly and swiftly.

Shocking country.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the way he moves I would not of thought he was 60 years old.

What about how a 60-year old moves? What kind of ageism are we witnessing here? I am 66. I bet I could out cycle you any day. Fancy 200km at 30k an hour on your bicycle?

• Like 2

What a shit hole now Thailand , time to move on

Please feel free to move. I suggest doing it soon. With your attitude, you will not be missed. You might learn positivity from the Thai people. And might I suggest the shithole might be between your own ears. We are a reflection of everything in this world. We make the choice of what we want to dwell on. What we want to focus on. Many of us find lovely things here to focus our energy on, on a daily basis.

• Like 2

Wait it can't be him, it must be his Burmese gardener who borrowed the car.

Thais don't do violence, it is bad for Thailand's image and high season is coming...

And also borrowed his motorcycle helmet to drive the car?

You guys don't do irony well, do you?

Of course I know it was a bike incident.

It was ironic social commentary, not factual analysis.

Maybe it was too dryly stated....

The point, spelled out, was about the absurdity, and rarity of the speed a Thai was done up for this, in relation to the current Koh Tao murder case farce, the Redbull scion's case, and several more well known incidents in the world of Thai justice. The first line also goes to the general clueless absurdity of many pre-conviction public comments from officials in these cases. Scapegoats are often S.O.P. here and there seems to be none being blamed in this speedy case, which was cause for comment.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

Aren't all the number plates of vehicles on The Land Transport Office data base?

Can't the police just search a computer data base for the owner of a vehicle, via its number plate?

If it is a new motorbike, the "license plate" is issued by the shop. It is one of those red plates you will use for about three months in Phuket, until the LTO has finally issued the green book (Tabien Rod) and the final white plate. Until then you will ride tax-free and somehow a bit anonymously.

I thought the same thing at first, but that would mean there is no record of the "red plate", so basically if you stole one you would never have to tax your bike, no one would know who it belonged to ....

No wonder 1/2 the rental bikes have red plates

• Like 1

Looking at the way he moves I would not of thought he was 60 years old.

What about how a 60-year old moves? What kind of ageism are we witnessing here? I am 66. I bet I could out cycle you any day. Fancy 200km at 30k an hour on your bicycle?

Would that be with, or without shirts so all could see your ink?

Thai elders have taken the wrap for their siblings in the past for crimes like these so anything is possible. However, if the bike is registered in say grandpa’s name he’ll be joining the chain gang until a time proven otherwise.

They are still implying that it was a road rage killing...and could very well be.

If they talk to the son he could explain what had happened leading up to the killing of his father.

Was there a moments before verbal argument going on between the 2 persons as they both drove up to the stop light while the argument continued at the stop light and then the shooter lost it and simply pulled out his gun ...... aimed at near point blank distance and pulled the trigger....end of argument ...I win ...you loose.......I am boss here for the moment ....anyone else want to take issue with me...no, I thought not ....I will be on my way now as if nothing at all happened.

That scenario is a very real scenario if and when one person is armed with a gun...whether it is a legally owned gun or illegally owned gun.

If that being the case, the firearm owner, in this case, may have been itching to put someone in their place and if you recognize the fact that some people have an angry disposition and come with an attitude then having a gun allows them to rule over near any situation that evolves into an argument or dispute or heated altercation.

Everyone knows that any one carrying a gun can, if they want, use the gun while 99.99 percent of guns owners who carry their gun with them will never use the gun in that manner as seen in the film....but it does happen.

If the shooter had not been armed then there may of been a war of words or some physical altercation occurring and someone was hurt...but not shot dead as we see in the video.

It may turn out the guy is a shooter for dark influences around the island and the police may find out that the man is involved with those dark influences while that connection may lead to high ranking police officers, up the chain of command or influential wealthy people and or politicians.

We all know if that is the case the incident will be swept under the rug and no more question asked in a relatively short period of time.

It is possible the man who was shot owed money or had some ongoing dispute with some one of influence and the shooter was contracted to make an example out of the man as to what happens when you do not pay your debts or make some one of influence loose face in any number of ways.

I am thinking this may be more than just a random road rage shooting while the shooter is not a first timer ..saying: "Sorry, sorry.... I just lost my temper because of huge amounts of stress going on in my life at present"........ type of scenario.

Cheers and have a good day

Edited by gemguy
  • Like 1

"Officers visited a number of motorcycle shops around the island looking for information on the number plate of the bike" - is this for real?

Aren't all the number plates of vehicles on The Land Transport Office data base?

Can't the police just search a computer data base for the owner of a vehicle, via its number plate?

Really????

Do you know how many time a bike is transferred in Thailand??

You can track it down but sure as shiot it will not be the owner or person on the bike.

Please use your head before you post.

WB

• Like 2

Many people on here always bag the Thai police,i know they like their tea money and always stick up for the Thai's rather than a farang. But they seem to always catch just about everyone,you watch this bloke will be caught within a couple of days or 1 week tops!coffee1.gifwai2.gif

• Like 2

With each and every day that passes I consider myself extremely fortunate to have left Thailand. I no longer have to be subjected to their nationalistic and violent ignorance. I also now fully appreciate that my money no longer supports organized crime, corruption and worse even terrorism.

Expats need to wake up and truly understand what happens to the money they spend in Thailand and how it ultimately fuels a crime ridden country that has effectively been responsible for a number of terrorist attacks around the world.

Each and every one of you has the power to make a difference ... I'm guessing that bar stool is way too comfortable and that many are not sober enough, long enough, to truly understand the consequences of spending money in such a society.

• Like 1

I have never been to Phuket, but from all the bad news from there I've heard, I won't ever go there. Sounds like a very dangerous place to be, It seems there are more murders there then anywhere else in Thailand. With the exceptions to people falling off buildings in Pattaya. But those are suicides, Right?

With each and every day that passes I consider myself extremely fortunate to have left Thailand. I no longer have to be subjected to their nationalistic and violent ignorance. I also now fully appreciate that my money no longer supports organized crime, corruption and worse even terrorism.

Expats need to wake up and truly understand what happens to the money they spend in Thailand and how it ultimately fuels a crime ridden country that has effectively been responsible for a number of terrorist attacks around the world.

Each and every one of you has the power to make a difference ... I'm guessing that bar stool is way too comfortable and that many are not sober enough, long enough, to truly understand the consequences of spending money in such a society.

Well now ..that would be about the most jaded opinion posted for sometime now.

You have a point or points but you exaggerate too much.

Although the majority of white skinned expats arrive here as tourists to enjoy all that Thailand has to offer, either as a first time tourist or a multiple entry tourist, not that many of them are the way that you describe or certainly not the way that you imply.

Sure they get drunk and get loose as would a significant percent of people who go to any country for a vacation that has the wild and wonderful aspects of a good number of vacation hot spots around the world....Thailand being up there in the top 10 percent.

Most of them simply enjoy the excessive consumption aspect of what they may not be able to consume and or indulge in back in their own countries while a good number of people decide to make the country their home or long term residence.

That being the case, they are more than aware of the negative aspects of living in the country but they do not let it bother them to the point that they feel they have to leave the country while gloating over their decision to live somewhere else....as you are "seemingly" understood to be gloating over what you believe is an astute decision on your part

Maybe you should think of it this way:

While others have the personality, mentality, attitude and aptitude to live in Thailand....you..... simply do not!

Cheers and have a good day and enjoy the country you live in.

God, I can't believe the cynicism and bitterness here. I think all the critics and police slaggers should move back to their own country where all the cops, lawyers and elected officials are perfect and people fully appreciate their arm-chair quarterbacking. It's a lot easier to criticize than it is to actually do the work, isn't it?

The clearance rate for murders in the US is 60%, lower for stranger-on-stranger violence.

The Phuket police identified the suspect in less than 48 hours and it's only a matter of time before he's caught.

Who gives a flying <deleted> if the cops had to visit bike shops and shooting ranges to ID the guy, they found out his identity and he'll be captured and brought to justice. They did a lot better than cops in a lot of other places.

Wait it can't be him, it must be his Burmese gardener who borrowed the car.

Thais don't do violence, it is bad for Thailand's image and high season is coming...

yeah....Not his gardener.... he received a blood infusion donation from a burmese thug, he had murderous blood in him.... does that make sense....????

• Like 1

The police did a good job on this case.

You have to give credit where credit is due.

What brings you to that conclusion? A warrent has yet to be issued for the arrest of a 60 year old man and the police have already informed the media who they think the guilty man is. Informing the media of the suspect's name and giving details of the evidence they have collected before even a warrent is issued is not good procedure by any police standards anywhere in the world.

What if the man they have identified as the killer is not the killer? Would you then say they have done a bad job on this case and deserve critisism not credit.

• Like 1