DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jdinasia

Wrong.

When there is a direct statement it is... Umm... Direct.

It was an off the record statement that doesn't even indicate if the source was involved in the situation.

Complete and utter garbage something I assumed you would come out with.

Strange how all other media outlets assumed this was the case, including Thai media who went on to report the conflict between the Thai PM allowing this and the Chief of Police (RTP) saying observe only

But you go ahead and convince yourself. Come from the UK do you? Know the UK protocols do you?

I know the meaning of "direct"

No I didn't answer your questions because you know the answers as well as anyone else. The uk does things in a just and respectable manner, they will not put out opinion in an ongoing investigation unlike anyone in Thailand looking to give their opinion to the press.

How many times have we seen "facts" quotes by Thai officials.

As you have stated many times the courts will decide the facts?

How many times have Thai officials claimed as "fact" different parts of this case?

Then why is boomerangutang claiming that Cameron said that the UK police were being allowed to investigate?

From your link

"Thai Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha met Mr Cameron at a summit in Italy and agreed that a delegation of British officers could travel to Thailand, having previously rejected offers of assistance.

A diplomatic source said that Thai authorities were leading the investigation, but it was important that the victims' families could be reassured about the justice process.

"

Nobody in the article is quoted as saying help investigate.

From what I can see Boomerang used the word "observe", you brought in "investigate" which is completely different.

Go back and look again

jdinasia post # 1262

I know the meaning of "direct"

Well indeed you must be extremely erudite or a trifle biased or possibly misinformed.

Check the multitude of definitions of ''direct'' in the link below.

Then take your choice

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/direct

Boomerangutang.

I assume you were in the meeting between the 2 PM's? No?

Did PM Cameron state publicly what the agreement was? Or did a newspaper quote an unnamed source?

How many people were privy to the meeting?

You're asking questions like a defense attorney. You've made it clear in a hundred posts that you will say anything to ally yourself to the official Thai policy of framing the Burmese and shielding the headman's people. Suffice to say, Mr. Cameron would not have agreed to mere observer status. Two British subjects were brutally murdered, and Brit crime investigators are arguably the best in the world at their craft. Thais are arguably among the worst, particularly when they band together to try and frame hill tribers or Burmese.

The Thai PM probably agreed to allow British assistance in talks with the Brit PM, but knew Brit assistance would expose the cover-up / frame-up which he and his top brass had been involved in, so he demoted the status of the Brits to 'observer only.' Even that was a drag (for him), as he would have much preferred to have no British involvement at all.

Here's another example of Thai officialdom speaking for British officials at a recent press conference: When the results of Nomsod's DNA came forth from the 4 Thai labs, Thai officials declared they were not going to share the findings with the Brits because Brit experts had such confidence in the Thai investigation, that there was no need to share the data. Explain that away, JD, as only you (and JTJ) would be able to do. Where has JTJ gone, by the way? Did he wake up one fine morning and see the truth of the blundering cover up, and decide to quit his posts shielding the headman's people? Anyone following this case can clearly see that the Headman's brother and son should the prime suspects.

Brit officials should find their voices and speak for themselves, instead of allowing Thai officials to officially (and mistakenly) speak for them and their country.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 2

Boomerangutang.

Did PM Cameron state publicly what the agreement was? Or did a newspaper quote an unnamed source?

You're asking questions like a defense attorney. You've made it clear in a hundred posts that you will say anything to ally yourself to the official Thai policy of framing the Burmese and shielding the headman's people. Suffice to say, Mr. Cameron would not have agreed to mere observer status. Two British subjects were brutally murdered, and Brit crime investigators are arguably the best in the world at their craft. Thais are arguably among the worst, particularly when they band together to try and frame hill tribers or Burmese.

The Thai PM probably agreed to allow British assistance in talks with the Brit PM, but knew Brit assistance would expose the cover-up / frame-up which he and his top brass had been involved in, so he demoted the status of the Brits to 'observer only.' Even that was a drag (for him), as he would have much preferred to have no British involvement at all.

Here's another example of Thai officialdom speaking for British officials at a recent press conference: When the results of Nomsod's DNA came forth from the 4 Thai labs, Thai officials declared they were not going to share the findings with the Brits because Brit experts had such confidence in the Thai investigation, that there was no need to share the data. Explain that away, JD, as only you (and JTJ) would be able to do. Where has JTJ gone, by the way? Did he wake up one fine morning and see the truth of the blundering cover up, and decide to quit his posts shielding the headman's people? Anyone following this case can clearly see that the Headman's brother and son should the prime suspects.

Brit officials should find their voices and speak for themselves, instead of allowing Thai officials to officially (and mistakenly) speak for them and their country.

Again you are asserting something that wasn't said. "suffice it to say"...

No.

British officials should make things clear as you have even less right to speak for them and the meetings they had than the Thai PM who was actually there.

"Mr Cameron would not agree to mere observer status "

Again you think you can speak for the PM of the UK.

Of course he would agree to that, it is more than a generous offer since the UK has no standing to investigate crime in the Thailand.

You seem to have no problem speaking for the UK, the UK PM, the RTP, The Thai PM, etc.. The difference however is that you were not in any of the meetings.

BTW your issues with other people such as JTJ speaks volumes.

• Like 1

Boomerangutang.

Again you are asserting something that wasn't said. "suffice it to say"...

No.

British officials should make things clear as you have even less right to speak for them and the meetings they had than the Thai PM who was actually there.

"Mr Cameron would not agree to mere observer status "

Again you think you can speak for the PM of the UK.

Of course he would agree to that, it is more than a generous offer since the UK has no standing to investigate crime in the Thailand.

You seem to have no problem speaking for the UK, the UK PM, the RTP, The Thai PM, etc.. The difference however is that you were not in any of the meetings.

BTW your issues with other people such as JTJ speaks volumes.

Do you now accept that the British police were here to (at least) observe the investigation into the Koh Tao rape and murders? Your posts in the past seemed to suggest that, since that investigation by the RTP was already complete, they must be here to "observe" something else unspecified.

thailandchilli, on 17 Nov 2014 - 16:40, said:thailandchilli, on 17 Nov 2014 - 16:40, said:

I agree with a boycott but not for the whole of Thailand. Apart from just being impossible, its also very unfair for the masses of Thailand who form the majority of the population and are genuinely caring and respectful albeit a little naive but that's due to the poor education system of course. A huge number are also disgusted with the investigation

But I do agree with a complete boycott of Murder Island Koh Tao. Have you seen the morbid images some of the locals from the AC bar have been putting on Facebook? Disgusting, mocking the murders in the most cruel way possible. No sign of any thought for the families or international community, a complete 'we are untouchable attitude'

Problem being it looks like they are untouchable so the only way to hurt them is a boycott. Quite aside from the fact that there are potentially sadistic killers and accomplices still there, danger to all! KEEP AWAY

Excellent post. It seems to me those morons on Koh Tao are deliberately taunting all those who want justice for David and Hannah. In fact, it's been that way since the investigation started. Remember hoe man and the sex on the beach bar sign? The mindset of these people really disturbs me. I have stayed on many of the Thai islands over the past 30 years and I have to say that I found the people on KT the least friendly of all of them. I would return to Koh Phi Phi in a heartbeat, but I will never return to Koh Tao. I wish the whole island could be cleared of people and left to return to nature.

Quess we just have to cope with out your precence...yawn,i pretty shure we manage. Enjoy Phi phi.

Its not well polite or show manners to people morans by the way my mun teached me!

They were here after the investigation was mostly complete. They were here to observe and review.

review: "a formal assessment or examination of something with the possibility or intention of instituting change if necessary."

Look forward to the report on this review

I fully expect very little from the UK police on the topic.

They were here after the investigation was mostly complete. They were here to observe and review.

review: "a formal assessment or examination of something with the possibility or intention of instituting change if necessary."

Look forward to the report on this review

Yes as you have mentioned before, unlike you I will wait to see/read the report of this review before I make/express my opinions on it

Edited by thailandchilli

I seem to remember you expressing your expectations in the past. Perhaps I am wrong about that?

Yes, and I also seem to remember you stated before that the UK police were there to observe only, well now you also state they were there to review:

How things change

Strange.

Very strange to find somebody vigorously defending Thai Police.

Especially in this case when the island Headmans brother and son were caught on CCTV.

The brother was even arrested & the son escaped the island & ran off to Bangkok. (The Headman and Police Commissioner even confirmed this)

Later the Headman and the Police Commissioner and said the son was in Bangkok the entire time.

Mysteriously, they were let go.

Then the Police fingered 2 foreigners, Burmese, poured gasoline on them and threatened to burn them alive unless they confessed.

There is a very good reason the United Nations have called the Thai Police organized criminals.

• Like 1

Strange.

Especially in this case when the island Headmans brother and son were caught on CCTV.

The brother was even arrested & the son escaped the island & ran off to Bangkok. (The Headman and Police Commissioner even confirmed this)

Later the Headman and the Police Commissioner and said the son was in Bangkok the entire time.

Then the Police fingered 2 foreigners, Burmese, poured gasoline on them and threatened to burn them alive unless they confessed.

There is a very good reason the United Nations have called the Thai Police organized criminals.

or were they JoeBlowfrom Usa os was it just bad police work by non exesting police spoke person . Wich they later realiced . And then one person did talking after catastrophous first weeks when each copper wanted fame by them self.

Brother was never arrested for example. Questioned yes. Never in cell . Just saying again. And yes he gave Dna also!allready that would of in my mind even im not a expert clear hes nephew as would hes dna match with uncles. Im certainly not defending police but i believe son or the uncle had nothing to do with this.

Uncle involment was bcase hes resort was 100 m away from place and hes cleaner wake him and he was the one who called police.

To save all comments . Yeah i know no one believes what just said . Something the truth aint juicy enought. I understand!!

Strange.

The UN never called the Thai police that.

The CCTV apparently was not the people you say.

The investigation first pointed to 2 other sets of suspects. The situation was clarified and alibis provided.

That's what you'd like to believe. It so happens, most of us posting here believe the investigation was half inept and half frame-up of the Burmese. In lieu of that, it's no surprise why you, in your eagerness to shield the headman's people, would dearly hope the Brits do as little investigating as possible.

Again, it sounds like wishful thinking on your part, and it dovetails with what Thai officialdom wants. Indeed, Thai officials, from the self-appointed PM on down, would much prefer the Brits weren't involved at all, but social media has been making such a sustained howl about how inept the Thai investigation is, that something had to give. That 'something' was the Thai PM's reluctant allowance of Brits experts to look over the shoulders of Thai officials, a.k.a. 'observing.'

Thai officials won't even share DNA data with the Brits. How does that fit with the scenario, JD ?

this is an island where business owners regularly pull guns on tourists to extort money from them, the Thai police and Thai government seem to think this is acceptable so I dont think they are too concerned about the occasional tourist getting murdered

this is an island where business owners regularly pull guns on tourists to extort money from them, the Thai police and Thai government seem to think this is acceptable so I dont think they are too concerned about the occasional tourist getting murdered

Ha ha, and your comment based on what . Ive lived here more then decade. Not seen guns meny time's and even when have seen no tourists have been ever close by!!

More like at fishing to shoot air at sea for Budha and drunken fun but never to pull money from tourists!!

What a Joker. Ill go back boycotting reading this thread again.

Winner of comment far est from truth goes you mate.

Edited by Islandlife

Ha ha, and your comment based on what . Ive lived here more then decade. Not seen guns meny time's and even when have seen no tourists have been ever close by!!

More like at fishing to shoot air at sea for Budha and drunken fun but never to pull money from tourists!!

What a Joker. Ill go back boycotting reading this thread again.

Winner of comment far est from truth goes you mate.

Shooting guns in 'drunken fun' yes you go back to boycotting this thread, good idea.

All you do is prove the need to boycott murder island

• Like 1

Againt u took it out from content u took my comment and made it scandalicious.

If In open sea shoot gun in air after few beers no people at sight,hardly has nothing to with Koh tao , just fishing and shooting guns in the air. .

Well i will fallow your instruction. You go back groving chillies and please stay away from here.