DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

this is an island where business owners regularly pull guns on tourists to extort money from them, the Thai police and Thai government seem to think this is acceptable so I dont think they are too concerned about the occasional tourist getting murdered

Unless you have evidence to back that statement, it needs retracting.

Last thing we need on here is this kind of speculation paraded as fact, we have enough already.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Police Commissioner in charge, they had CCTV and other evidence of the brother and son.

The commissioner said "brother was arrested and the son managed to escape."(They were looking after the people that helped him escape too.)

The Headman said the son wasn't running, just went back to school.

Then the story changed. He said the son was in Bangkok the entire time.

The question is, does a Headman have the power to get away with murder?

There is no doubt. We all have seen, first hand, a headman get away with murder.

For example, the murdering Godfather of Chonburi was holding parties for the "who's who" in law enforcement and politics while he was "on the run."

He lived in luxury at his house and all the bigshots were covering for him.

We saw Chalerm get his murdering son off after he shot someone in the face at busy nightclub.

Only a complete fool trusts the Police in Thailand.

It's never been proven that the headmans son was caught on camera at the island, only confirmed the son was in Bangkok, in the CCTV footage ,CSI LA tried to make it look like he is the same person, Its not real evidence as the boy could be anyone else with that kind of haircut.

The headman does not have the power to bribe all of Thailand if thats what you think! Yes he might have the power to bribe the local police , but not RTP and the investigators coming from Bangkok , I can promise you that,

Do you really think Thailand as a nation will risk everything on this murder case? That they will blame scapegoats just to protect a local village headman? Not a chance but its difficult to convince conspiracy theorists posting here.

Edited by balo

Againt u took it out from content u took my comment and made it scandalicious.

If In open sea shoot gun in air after few beers no people at sight,hardly has nothing to with Koh tao , just fishing and shooting guns in the air. .

Well i will fallow your instruction. You go back groving chillies and please stay away from here.

Perhaps you could cut down on personal insults towards people you dont know and become more consistent with your comments.

You have gone from Most Thai men have guns to Ive been here more than a decade and not seen many guns.

You are either being economical with the truth or you have no Thai friends.

• Like 1

According to the Police Commissioner in charge, they had CCTV and other evidence of the brother and son.

The commissioner said "brother was arrested and the son managed to escape."(They were looking after the people that helped him escape too.)

The Headman said the son wasn't running, just went back to school.

Then the story changed. He said the son was in Bangkok the entire time.

The question is, does a Headman have the power to get away with murder?

There is no doubt. We all have seen, first hand, a headman get away with murder.

For example, the murdering Godfather of Chonburi was holding parties for the "who's who" in law enforcement and politics while he was "on the run."

He lived in luxury at his house and all the bigshots were covering for him.

We saw Chalerm get his murdering son off after he shot someone in the face at busy nightclub.

Only a complete fool trusts the Police in Thailand.

It's never been proven that the headmans son was caught on camera at the island, only confirmed the son was in Bangkok, in the CCTV footage ,CSI LA tried to make it look like he is the same person, Its not real evidence as the boy could be anyone else with that kind of haircut.

The headman does not have the power to bribe all of Thailand if thats what you think! Yes he might have the power to bribe the local police , but not RTP and the investigators coming from Bangkok , I can promise you that,

Do you really think Thailand as a nation will risk everything on this murder case? That they will blame scapegoats just to protect a local village headman? Not a chance but its difficult to convince conspiracy theorists posting here.

Its difficult to prove anything after evidence has been tampered with, allegedly.

So far as the risk, it may have seemed minimal as they did it for a guest house owner in Chaing Mai, allegedly, so why not an island headman?

Is there a difference is Patronage status?

They got away with it last time, perhaps this time they reckoned without social media and disgruntled Thai people who are

sick to the back teethe of the 0.01% controlling their destiny and corrupting every facet of life, allegedly.

You are as green as a granny smith if you think patronage is limited in Thailand.

If In open sea shoot gun in air after few beers no people at sight,hardly has nothing to with Koh tao , just fishing and shooting guns in the air. .

Well i will fallow your instruction. You go back groving chillies and please stay away from here.

Perhaps you could cut down on personal insults towards people you dont know and become more consistent with your comments.

You have gone from Most Thai men have guns to Ive been here more than a decade and not seen many guns.

I said moust Thai men have guns , i didnt say they are pointed on tourists at daily basicks at murder island!

I said moust Thai men have guns , i didnt say they are pointed on tourists at daily basicks at murder island!

I never said you did.

You said: MOST THAI MEN HAVE GUNS.

I HAVE BEEN HERE A DECADE AND NOT SEEN MANY.

That is a gross contradiction.

Either 1 statement or the other is false.

I never said you did.

No need for the caps.

I have 2 guns. Only people at the range at work have really ever seen them. Even my maid has never seen my pistols.

Ownership is a far cry from shoving them into people's faces or even letting them be seen by strangers.

Note - even my husband hasn't really seen them. He hates guns, so mine remain locked in a gun-safe

Edited by jdinasia
  • Like 1

I never said you did.

Some things u know with out seeing.

this is an island where business owners regularly pull guns on tourists to extort money from them, the Thai police and Thai government seem to think this is acceptable so I dont think they are too concerned about the occasional tourist getting murdered

Last thing we need on here is this kind of speculation paraded as fact, we have enough already.

It's a fairly vague statement made by slygeeza, so prolly not too serious. The gun play happens of course... I've seen it...(on several occasions), Not very much good happens after 10pm in Thailand... and the later it gets, the worse it gets. If you are an expat, you would know this though.

Terrible photos of AC bar emplyees using a fake hoe inside the bar to mock the killing with each other.

Aon KohTao Thailand is the guy and his gf on public Facebook page. Just scroll down.

No brain, no heart, lo-so.

Edited by CarlBkk
  • Like 2

It's a fairly vague statement made by slygeeza, so prolly not too serious. The gun play happens of course... I've seen it...(on several occasions), Not very much good happens after 10pm in Thailand... and the later it gets, the worse it gets. If you are an expat, you would know this though.

Yes, I agree and I have been here more than a decade and seen most things.

My point was that even if not serious, some of the hardcore CT will take it as a given and we will have a run of

fools claiming to have witnessed such things.

However you view this investigation it's clear the whole thing was a farce .

Crime scene was not preserved.

Island was not sealed off.

Evidence was tampered with.

Rtp snuggled up to the prime suspects family throughout.

Key suspect not located for 2 days whilst he supposedly sat at home.

Contradiction after contradiction.

NO ONE believes the lies from the Thai establishment.

This will not go away.

• Like 2

I never said you did.

No need for the caps.

I have 2 guns. Only people at the range at work have really ever seen them. Even my maid has never seen my pistols.

Ownership is a far cry from shoving them into people's faces or even letting them be seen by strangers.

Note - even my husband hasn't really seen them. He hates guns, so mine remain locked in a gun-safe

Come on... you can make up a better story than that! That's incredulous to say the least. I'm not going to go into the logistics here of this fabulation, other than simply saying I don't believe you.

Terrible photos of AC bar emplyees using a fake hoe inside the bar to mock the killing with each other.

Aon KohTao Thailand is the guy and his gf on public Facebook page. Just scroll down.

I have not seen that, but it sure is a sign of how much respect these "people" ( in the loosest sense of the word) have for the hand that feeds them.

Imagine the same happening in a civilized country? The instigators of such disrespect would be stamped out straight away........oh and the rest of the community would do everything to help the investigation.

I have not seen that, but it sure is a sign of how much respect these "people" ( in the loosest sense of the word) have for the hand that feeds them.

Imagine the same happening in a civilized country? The instigators of such disrespect would be stamped out straight away........oh and the rest of the community would do everything to help the investigation.

scroll back to page 46, post #1145 and you will see a couple of the locals with the hoe in AC bar

I actually disagree, apart from the first point.

The crime scene was not sealed off, and hence was not a crime scene, just a horrific "tourist" horror show and photo opportunity.

But for a small island police force, the investigation was reasonably thorough for the first few days. To western standard, poor to appalling. but this is Thailand.

Two major suspects were quickly found and sought....but then Bangkok got involved and the circus show began.

The great cover up began and scapegoats located and found.

However you view this investigation it's clear the whole thing was a farce .
Crime scene was not preserved.
Island was not sealed off.
Evidence was tampered with.
Rtp snuggled up to the prime suspects family throughout.
Key suspect not located for 2 days whilst he supposedly sat at home.
Contradiction after contradiction.
NO ONE believes the lies from the Thai establishment.
This will not go away.

• Like 2

I understand the sentiment but disagree with calling the country uncivilised.

There are disgustingly corrupt inept and downright stupid mafia types calling the shots and controlling the populace to

a large degree but the majority of Thai people are indeed civilised and great people to live amongst.

Let us not tar the whole country as uncivilised because of a patronage system that favours the elite. Let us just call those animals uncivilised.

Agree with parts Dennis, but in my opinion how can a country be classed as civilized when the uncivilized are controlling the civilized?

Surely for a country to be classed as civilized / developed or what ever term we should use, those with morals and a motivation to live in a civil society should come out on top........... Pipe dream I know !!

Agree with parts Dennis, but in my opinion how can a country be classed as civilized when the uncivilized are controlling the civilized?

Surely for a country to be classed as civilized / developed or what ever term we should use, those with morals and a motivation to live in a civil society should come out on top........... Pipe dream I know !!

I understand, Nazi Germany springs to mind as an example.

As we both know, morals and motivation did not conquer then but, with good management I believe the motivation now being shown by

some activist Thai people on social media may just light the fuse of comprehension.

Maybe not a pipe dream, we can both hope.

• Like 1

I understand the sentiment but disagree with calling the country uncivilised.

There are disgustingly corrupt inept and downright stupid mafia types calling the shots and controlling the populace to

a large degree but the majority of Thai people are indeed civilised and great people to live amongst.

Let us not tar the whole country as uncivilised because of a patronage system that favours the elite. Let us just call those animals uncivilised.

Fully agree. Start from Bangkok,Phuket,Pattaya.

Ill say!! after ya all accuse this island of been worst place and tell boycot Koh tao. Maby all yer shud think 2 more time.

Im not shure what happened but stand behind my comments about my info about it.

Who cares. I do!

mean while in AC bar ? blink.png

Judging by these pics posted on fb by Aon from the AC bar Koh Tao, Hannah Witheridge's murder is a joke to them.

I don't think the Burmese committed the murders and I strongly feel that nomsod etc are involved.

If I was playing devils advocate though it's possible that Thais just don't take anything as seriously as westerners do and maybe it's a kind of gallows humour?

For the record though I do find it very disrespectful and I hope they find themselves penniless and wondering where the foreigners who feed them have all gone.

• Like 1