DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never give up.

Never give in.

Never surrender.

My friend was standing at the atm on kao san road.

Someone wacked her on the head.

She woke up 5 hours later at hospital.

A huge gash in her head.

If the police are not pressured to investigate these attacks on foreigners, then the safety of tourists will continue to decline.

Justice for Hannah and david would be a great way to send a message , that crime against foreigner will be punished. This would get back the trust of the international community.

If they wanted to, they could have arrested the son of the piglet family and charged him with the crime he committed. The army has that power. But, this incident made it clear to the world they have no interest in using that power against the rich, the elite, the well connected or the powerful. Those people remain above civilian and army law. They are using their power only against the poor and defenseless members of society. Where is the reform? OK, they did stop the children from quibbling and shutting down Bangkok. And they appear to be taking back some of the massive amount of land that has been stolen. And that is all good. But what else have they done that is lasting and meaningful?

• Like 1

Never give up.

Never give in.

Never surrender.

A huge gash in her head.

If the police are not pressured to investigate these attacks on foreigners, then the safety of tourists will continue to decline.

Justice for Hannah and david would be a great way to send a message , that crime against foreigner will be punished. This would get back the trust of the international community.

If they wanted to, they could have arrested the son of the piglet family and charged him with the crime he committed. The army has that power. But, this incident made it clear to the world they have no interest in using that power against the rich, the elite, the well connected or the powerful. Those people remain above civilian and army law. They are using their power only against the poor and defenseless members of society. Where is the reform? OK, they did stop the children from quibbling and shutting down Bangkok. And they appear to be taking back some of the massive amount of land that has been stolen. And that is all good. But what else have they done that is lasting and meaningful?

This family have connections to those who aided the Junta into power, theyre just protecting their own.

But the Junta are just part of the established elite who want to keep the status quo, and that is exactly what they are doing.

It astounds me how farangs on here claim the Yellow shirts and their allies are holier than thou and its just big bag Thaksin.

I noticed an interesting quote in Thai from an interview of the head person on Thai Rath TV.

"All the (CCTV) information has come from my family, which has given complete cooperation to the police. If we were really guilty, why would we dare provide the CCTV images for the whole world to see?"

I am not suggesting they are guilty but I can hazard a few guesses as to why they might want to hand over CCTV footage, if its so happened that they were:

1. It might imply guilt, if they refused to hand over footage or deleted all of it which could probably be recovered by experts anyway, unless they totally destroyed all the discs from each of their businesses which would be even more suspicious. If they refused to cooperate, police could easily have obtained warrants to seize the discs.

2. Cooperating with authorities might have allowed them to be selective about what footage was handed over or whether it was edited in some way. I recall a police comment to the effect that police had no power to demand the 2 minutes cut out of the running man video, the beginning of which appeared to show a second person, because it was the bar owner's private property. (Incidentally it is not very believable that Thai police are the only police in the world with no ability to get a warrant to seize evidence in a murder investigation.)

It is a bit like the rhetorical question asked by the authorities of how could police dare to arrest scapegoats and let other suspects go in such a high profile case with the whole world watching. If the past is any guide to the future - very easily. Just google Sherry Anne Duncan and Kirsty Jones for starters.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

Never give up.

Never give in.

Never surrender.

A huge gash in her head.

This family have connections to those who aided the Junta into power, theyre just protecting their own.

But the Junta are just part of the established elite who want to keep the status quo, and that is exactly what they are doing.

It astounds me how farangs on here claim the Yellow shirts and their allies are holier than thou and its just big bag Thaksin.

Correct. Like in the US, both parties are polluted, corrupted, virtually meaningless in their agenda, and without ethical or moral boundaries, nor a moral compass. There is hardly a shred of integrity either within politics here, or in the US. Same, same.

This complicity must go right to the top! Outrageous really that a country can stick two fingers up to the international community & get away with it. [ib]Only sanctions from the UK, and a tourist blacklist will make these creatures take any notice[/b]

Better yet, all expats pick up spouses and kids and leave for greener pastures. A mass exodus from expats on extended stay would raise the signal, not only a dent in tourism by westerners.

Excellent idea, so when do you plan to leave then ?

Expats with family and vested interests and obvious commitments can be excused, no reasonable minded person would expect them to up stick and go, on the other hand, they shouldn't be classed as hypocrites if they then still chose to boycott tourism to Thailand in any other way they chose, the loss of tourism and the obvious effects that would cause will be harder to bear than the loss of face. Logically, that's the only way the ordinary people are going to make a real difference and actually change the system in any meaningful way. that's the reality of it.

This complicity must go right to the top! Outrageous really that a country can stick two fingers up to the international community & get away with it. [ib]Only sanctions from the UK, and a tourist blacklist will make these creatures take any notice[/b]

Better yet, all expats pick up spouses and kids and leave for greener pastures. A mass exodus from expats on extended stay would raise the signal, not only a dent in tourism by westerners.

Expats with family and vested interests and obvious commitments can be excused, no reasonable minded person would expect them to up stick and go, on the other hand, they shouldn't be classed as hypocrites if they then still chose to boycott tourism to Thailand in any other way they chose, the loss of tourism and the obvious effects that would cause will be harder to bear than the loss of face. Logically, that's the only way the ordinary people are going to make a real difference and actually change the system in any meaningful way. that's the reality of it.

Yes they should. If you promote not coming to Thailand you should man up and hit the road.

Yes they should. If you promote not coming to Thailand you should man up and hit the road.

Vote with your feet, man up, really?

I give you your freedom of expression defending the RTP and the powers that be casting yourself as the defender

of the institutions vs. the "conspiracy theorists" regards the Kao Tao case regardless of my personal opinion.

But, how are foreigners that have chosen to make a life here any different from the Thai poor and under privileged

that are trying to make a difference and a future for their familys/children/business when they express

their dissatisfaction from the status quo and social injustice?

"Hitting the Road" is the equivalent of ignoring or "giving up" on issues that effect every Thai and foreigner

that lives here. It is preposterious to suggest that foreigners should vote with their feet any more than it

is reasonable to suggest that Thais should "give up" on any perceived social inequality which they suffer.

Meaningful change in any society originates from within, regardless of our nationality or social status.

• Like 1

Vote with your feet, man up, really?

I give you your freedom of expression defending the RTP and the powers that be casting yourself as the defender

of the institutions vs. the "conspiracy theorists" regards the Kao Tao case regardless of my personal opinion.

But, how are foreigners that have chosen to make a life here any different from the Thai poor and under privileged

that are trying to make a difference and a future for their familys/children/business when they express

their dissatisfaction from the status quo and social injustice?

"Hitting the Road" is the equivalent of ignoring or "giving up" on issues that effect every Thai and foreigner

that lives here. It is preposterious to suggest that foreigners should vote with their feet any more than it

is reasonable to suggest that Thais should "give up" on any perceived social inequality which they suffer.

Meaningful change in any society originates from within, regardless of our nationality or social statu

The people who are committed to Thailand for various reasons should remain but still support boycotting the Kingdome, along with every normal human being who defended morals, ethics, truth and justice, if we don't do that we are pissing against the wind, because nothing else is going to work. That's the harsh reality of it. Only the huff and puff brigade would disagree.

"nor will they appreciate the powers that be speaking for them."

Apparently random people on the Internet can speak for them

Thai authorities, including the self-appointed PM, have been making public announcements for the British. The Thai general/PM made the announcement that he had an agreement (from the day prior) with PM Cameron that British would be allowed to be involved with the crime investigation AS OBSERVERS ONLY. No matter, that the day before, the two PM's had agreed to allow the Brits to assist with the investigation. There's a whale of difference between 'assist' and 'observe.' I would rather 'assist' Lady Gaga getting an orgasm, than 'observe' her having one.

the sooner that island becomes uninhabited the better.

I agree. Let it revert to its state before humans came along and transformed it. Let it live up to its name, and allow sea turtles to return unhindered, as well as the 101 other indigenous animals, birds and flora that have been eradicated from there. It would be a chance for the Thai people to show whether they care a modicum for wildness, rather than continuing their Chinese-style lockstep toward 100% domination. Cement and asphalt and high-rises and 7-11's covering every sq. M - that's the Chinese-Thai future. Nature is losing every battle humans are waging against it.
  • Like 2

Boomerangutang.

I assume you were in the meeting between the 2 PM's?

No?

Did PM Cameron state publicly what the agreement was? Or did a newspaper quote an unnamed source?

How many people were privy to the meeting?

I agree with a boycott but not for the whole of Thailand. Apart from just being impossible, its also very unfair for the masses of Thailand who form the majority of the population and are genuinely caring and respectful albeit a little naive but that's due to the poor education system of course. A huge number are also disgusted with the investigation

But I do agree with a complete boycott of Murder Island Koh Tao. Have you seen the morbid images some of the locals from the AC bar have been putting on Facebook? Disgusting, mocking the murders in the most cruel way possible. No sign of any thought for the families or international community, a complete 'we are untouchable attitude'

Problem being it looks like they are untouchable so the only way to hurt them is a boycott. Quite aside from the fact that there are potentially sadistic killers and accomplices still there, danger to all! KEEP AWAY

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 2

Boomerangutang.

I assume you were in the meeting between the 2 PM's?

No?

Did PM Cameron state publicly what the agreement was? Or did a newspaper quote an unnamed source?

How many people were privy to the meeting?

It seems the uk press are more restrained in what they report. The press in Thailand, or those feeding the press can be a little more "gung-ho" in their approach when quoting other people.

"The British police are very satisfied with our report"

The British government have expressed their support to our investigation"

The 2 examples are not quotes, but examples of comments made to the press by officials in thailand which have no bearing on what relevant organizations said, just the Thai interpretation of this to feed to the masses.

Cameron will not make sweeping statements because in the uk people are held accountable, in thailand a comment can be made to disappear, just like the early news articles which made certain implications. Is the Thai PBS article still available online?

• Like 2

No I didn't answer your questions because you know the answers as well as anyone else. The uk does things in a just and respectable manner, they will not put out opinion in an ongoing investigation unlike anyone in Thailand looking to give their opinion to the press.

How many times have we seen "facts" quotes by Thai officials.

As you have stated many times the courts will decide the facts?

How many times have Thai officials claimed as "fact" different parts of this case?

Perhaps you didn't read the questions I asked?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29668785 pretty clear here and quoted by a 'diplomatic source' when that is mentioned there is no need for names you can assume it is official.

Not a newspaper the BBC

"What the PM secured was agreement from the Thai PM that we can send some British police investigators to Koh Tao to work with the Royal Thai Police on this."

Edited by thailandchilli

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29668785 pretty clear here and quoted by a 'diplomatic source' when that is mentioned there is no need for names you can assume it is official.

Not a newspaper the BBC

"What the PM secured was agreement from the Thai PM that we can send some British police investigators to Koh Tao to work with the Royal Thai Police on this."

v

Sounds pretty clear to me. Would take that as correct, even if I was not present at the meeting.

I guess "diplomatic sources" in the uk will be subject to strict rules on what they can report?

No I didn't answer your questions because you know the answers as well as anyone else. The uk does things in a just and respectable manner, they will not put out opinion in an ongoing investigation unlike anyone in Thailand looking to give their opinion to the press.

How many times have Thai officials claimed as "fact" different parts of this case?

Then why is boomerangutang claiming that Cameron said that the UK police were being allowed to investigate?

From your link

"Thai Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha met Mr Cameron at a summit in Italy and agreed that a delegation of British officers could travel to Thailand, having previously rejected offers of assistance.

A diplomatic source said that Thai authorities were leading the investigation, but it was important that the victims' families could be reassured about the justice process.

"

Nobody in the article is quoted as saying help investigate.

Edited by jdinasia

Not a newspaper the BBC

v

Sounds pretty clear to me. Would take that as correct, even if I was not present at the meeting.

I guess "diplomatic sources" in the uk will be subject to strict rules on what they can report?

Its a term that in the UK is widely recognized as gospel that this is a direct statement from the British Government. If that was not the case then it could not be used.

Then why is boomerangutang claiming that Cameron said that the UK police were being allowed to investigate?

From your link

"Thai Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha met Mr Cameron at a summit in Italy and agreed that a delegation of British officers could travel to Thailand, having previously rejected offers of assistance.

A diplomatic source said that Thai authorities were leading the investigation, but it was important that the victims' families could be reassured about the justice process.

"

Get serious, what would this mean to anybody "What the PM secured was agreement from the Thai PM that we can send some British police investigators to Koh Tao to work with the Royal Thai Police on this."

In another quote Cameron also said 'or anything else we can help with' from a separate article.

• Like 1

Not a newspaper the BBC

v

Its a term that in the UK is widely recognized as gospel that this is a direct statement from the British Government. If that was not the case then it could not be used.

Wrong.

When there is a direct statement it is... Umm... Direct.

It was an off the record statement that doesn't even indicate if the source was involved in the situation.

• Like 1

Not a newspaper the BBC

v

Wrong.

It was an off the record statement that doesn't even indicate if the source was involved in the situation.

From your link

"

From what I can see Boomerang used the word "observe", you brought in "investigate" which is completely different.

@jdinasia

Wrong.

Complete and utter garbage something I assumed you would come out with.

Strange how all other media outlets assumed this was the case, including Thai media who went on to report the conflict between the Thai PM allowing this and the Chief of Police (RTP) saying observe only
But you go ahead and convince yourself. Come from the UK do you? Know the UK protocols do you?