DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

Boomerangutang, did the RTP fail to share basic crime scene data with the UK police?

I seem to have missed that in any report!

like blood and sand?
They were not given data about blood and sand?

I don't understand your point. Just sounds like you're dribbling on and on about nothing relevant, purely with the intention of derailing the thread. It is hard not to flame.

I understand that it can be hard to follow.

A member makes a fallacious claim, gets called on it.

Another member tries to support the fallacious claim with the blood and sand remark. Gets called on it.

You try and flame, fail at it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@IslandLife, post number 1543:

What about the other brit boy last Christmas ? On holiday with his family.

Snorkeler in the past few days? Could they be murders?

I have read there have been more

Brit boy last ,christmas full speculation ,eny kind of evidence ,just story from heart broken parents,but possible,but if you fall from there accident is also possible .

Snorkeler.

I know people who knew the him

and know shop wich rented equiptment and also know that is was stormy weather and lots of box jellyfish at sea that time.

When that stings u on stormy sea.

Well u dont need be in murder island with good change to drown naturally .

Trying not to sound 2 cold and

un-respective to these poor guys and their families.just bcase there was 2 people murdered its pretty shure these 2 cases wasnt murders 2.

May they rest in peace.

What kind of responsible business owner would rent snorkel equipment to someone in stormy seas riddled with box jelly fish? You've said it all there.
one who rents them to person who is dive dive master. Like this guy was. Also on murder beach water is shallow to 100 m till reef drops.

Glad you also appreciate this place could be named "murder beach". Hope that is included in the brochures, tourists will come flocking.

Just trying to be sarcastic , thats what chilli and boomerang call it ...murder island,why not call it murder beach 2 . Gives it exiting tone and sounds way more interesting then just a Sairee beach..??

Edited by Islandlife

My only problem with a boycott of KT is that other business owners will suffer. I know that we say they should come forward with evidence to bring down the criminals but it's not that easy when you don't know who to trust.

If I had a daughter or wife etc I'd be worried the police would take my report and simply pass it on to the criminals in exchange for payment.

We all have suspicions about how far up this cover up goes.

I suspect many leaks have indeed come from the good people there who probably live in fear.

I won't be going there ever again but let's not forget the honest people there who will suffer even more because of those vile families and police/gangster squads.

Understand where your coming from, but a complete boycott of murder island is required, there are potentially brutal killers on the loose, never lose sight of that. Its not just the killers either its the accomplices also. Its a danger to go there while this is the case

Where about in Thailand u live Chilli?

Just a interested compare to your place of stay and Koh tao?

Just to get perspective. I bet you have no guts to answear?

oooh no guts to answer..........who's would I be afraid of and why???? The Koh Tao mafia!! cheesy.gif

Ha ha. Really,u serious?

Was just asking to get a idea what kind of heavenly place u live ,when u so boldly u call my home murder island.and advice people boycot koh tao . Even when in decade 2 tourists are murdered here and otherwise u will just have to go assumptions and rumours spiced with gossip from people never even been here.

When yet last year western tourist voted us best island in Asia.

Just saying...get a life!!

2 tourist murdered in the last decade? ? Do you mean 2 that couldn't be passed off as an accident or suicide by the authorities.

U watching too meny movies and oviously believe everything u read!

This aint Pattaya,Bk or Phuket!!

I don't understand your point. Just sounds like you're dribbling on and on about nothing relevant, purely with the intention of derailing the thread. It is hard not to flame.

Another member tries to support the fallacious claim with the blood and sand remark. Gets called on it.

That's what I don't understand... I don't see where anyone has been "called on" anything... all I see is a thread going round and round in circles, with you revealing obviously vested interests. And that's concerning....(for you).

• Like 2

Andy Hall is doing a great job with regular visits to the B2 scapegoats in between his own conflicts that could land him in jail. This guy has balls and when he takes up a cause he will not give up. Thankfully he also has great support from Mark Kent the British Ambassador. https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy

If I was in southern Thailand I would try to visit the B2. However, policies on visits may differ. For example, here in Chiang Rai, I visited the prison with a box of books. It was several years ago, and no problem then. More recently, I tried the same with a new bunch of books and mags, but wasn't allowed to deliver them. Guards said I either had to be family or friends with inmates.

Just trying to be sarcastic , thats what chilli and boomerang call it ...murder island,why not call it murder beach 2 . Gives it exiting tone and sounds way more interesting then just a Sairee beach..??

I haven't called it 'murder island.'

All your posts are the same old same old, not resting until you found the TRUTH. Has anyone said they are resting and not interested in finding out the truth(?) yawn

Can we judge men by their actions? Or, to put it another way: 'actions speak louder than words.' I'll answer your question: Thai officials are doing worse than resting, and they're doing worse than 'not interested in finding the truth?' (I added a question mark to your question, hope that's ok). And they get a more severe condemnation than a 'yawn' from me.
why you say they aren't doing anything? they are being promoted, and they are being awarded medals,

where have you been, in a cave, incoherent after a major drug binge which resulted in rape and murder, but you were too high to talk to police?

How did you know I've been in a cave, incoherent after a major drug binge which resulted in rape and murder, but too high to talk to police. Did somebody tell on me?

BTW, getting promoted and awarded citations and medals doesn't require DOING anything, except sitting still while someone bestows the accolades.

@IslandLife, post number 1543:

What about the other brit boy last Christmas ? On holiday with his family.

Snorkeler in the past few days? Could they be murders?

I have read there have been more

Brit boy last ,christmas full speculation ,eny kind of evidence ,just story from heart broken parents,but possible,but if you fall from there accident is also possible .

Snorkeler.

I know people who knew the him

and know shop wich rented equiptment and also know that is was stormy weather and lots of box jellyfish at sea that time.

When that stings u on stormy sea.

Well u dont need be in murder island with good change to drown naturally .

Trying not to sound 2 cold and

un-respective to these poor guys and their families.just bcase there was 2 people murdered its pretty shure these 2 cases wasnt murders 2.

May they rest in peace.

What kind of responsible business owner would rent snorkel equipment to someone in stormy seas riddled with box jelly fish? You've said it all there.
one who rents them to person who is dive dive master. Like this guy was. Also on murder beach water is shallow to 100 m till reef drops.

Glad you also appreciate this place could be named "murder beach". Hope that is included in the brochures, tourists will come flocking.

that is not as silly as it sounds. There are a lot of warped sick and demented people in the world who would travel to sites where there has been mass killings and tradgedy.

I remember many years passed when a lunatic went on a massacre in Tasmania,Australia, killing many.

Although that place was a tourist attraction of itself, im sure many morbid tourists travelled long and far to have a gawk at a place of misery.

Kho Thao will no doubt get a few of those types.

Maybe they will fit in good with the locals

That's what I don't understand... I don't see where anyone has been "called on" anything... all I see is a thread going round and round in circles, with you revealing obviously vested interests. And that's concerning....(for you).

No vested interest on my part, what about on yours?

One wonders as to your agenda Islandlife .

Murders committed early in October and suddenly late October you appear on the scene extolling the virtues of the island and its peoples and portraying a veritable paradise on earth.

You claim to know many people of ''influence '' upon the Island too.

Somehow you come across as somewhat insincere with an ongoing agenda designed and aimed at diverting peoples attention away from any facts that may help clarify who in truth actually committed these horrific murders.

Oh,so is this a closed group just for Koh tao haters . Appeared on scene.. Lol

My Agenda.. Well ive read stories from Thai visa since its beginnings but only just now after these murders i felt need to share my personal opion as at least i live here and ive falloved hole situation from very close . Closer you ever expekt.

and at the start there was bunch of you calling us out to share what we think . Meny of you said we hiding something or 2 afraid to speak so one night after few drinks i decided get involved ,comment on something dont remember what was it but something with absolute no truth but still written like person posting would of had first hand information.

Yeah, you are right for me this is paradise on earth,its place i call home .

Thats why i had urge to step in this ridiculous thread of speculation ,slander,boycotting and other noncense against Koh tao.

moust of people here post so bad bs that its just ridiculous. post their own versions of what they think what happened and same time have no real knowledge of eny of it at all .

But here we go i dont have either!! There is meny things dont ad up and yes Police actions not been correct,also they had no chlue how to operate after all had happen.

Each copper gave difrent statements and made it all very confusing even for them selfs i believe.

when it should of just been one guy. Police spokes person(like in western contries)

and not 10 of them all with own ideas theories what happened.then when we ad all newspaper rubbish what was written and social media gossiping and all that together ...what come out = messiest looking investigation ever.

but seriously u guys making that Koh tao would be somekind of special place in Thailand and island some kind of wild wild west type of thing.

Calling this murder island .well i dont slander Pattaya bcase is biggest whore house in world and that actually is true..

Im just just a guy trying to reply from Koh tao. U can check eny person lived here for bit longer and find that everyone knows someone influental as this is very small island .

Hope my answear helped to understand my agenda.

Edited by Islandlife

I didnt say its the best. I said voted by tourists .. As "best island holiday destination" .

I agree that there is alot places in Thailand wich are more Thailand then Koh tao or other places relying trade of tourism .

But again my sentence referred was taken out of content ..we were talking about tourism. And boycotting Koh tao.

I didnt say its the best. I said voted by tourists .. As "best island holiday destination" .

I agree that there is alot places in Thailand wich are more Thailand then Koh tao or other places relying trade of tourism .

But again my sentence referred was taken out of content ..we were talking about tourism. And boycotting Koh tao.

The photos shared on Facebook of locals mocking the horrific deaths ans murders of 2 young tourists in the very same bar that they were last at which is owned by the very same people who were prime suspects in the case, this alone is more than enough reason to boycott those insensitive pricks, let alone the dozens of other disgraceful things that has been in thr news recently concerning the island and it's inhabitants.

I for one will be spreading the word to anyone willing to listen about how they all behave there on murder island.

• Like 1

While on the subject of boycotting Koh Tao, here's a few more reasons:

According to the Bangkok Hospital Samui in Koh Samui there are a lot of dengue cases coming in from Koh Tao.

The entire island of Ko Tao has no sewage processing. Water contamination far exceeds Western standards at nearly all times. This includes both ocean waters and tap waters. Sewer water drains across the beach and even the roads in several areas and are easily encountered by unwitting tourists.

Small scratches or mosquito bites can become seriously infected if swimming, and ear/eye infections are extremely common among divers, more than many equivalent resort locations.

Be also aware of the safety of your hotel room. There are many reports of stolen money especially in the resorts on Sairee Beach. Normally the thieves, sometimes even hotel staff, sneak into the room while you are out diving and take your cash from your wallet or from your bags.

Other Scams

Watch out for dive instructors teaching you the Nitrox-course without telling you that they charge for it when you check out. Ban´s is known for this.

Watch out for Tao Technology. Some travelers have experienced issues in service. Just remember to exercise caution and reasonable judgement in your interactions.

The above is from Wiki

They haven't put up the vicious unprovoked attacks by gangs yet! They leave that one to the UK Government.........

"Western tourists including British nationals have been victims of vicious, unprovoked attacks by individuals and gangs in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao"

Wow..Again you nailed Chilli,thats Koh tao and neighboring islands ... Rest of Thailand is sooo much more advanced!!

yet travelers still keep coming here,its insane. . Must be something in water!

• Like 1

Well hit site Trip advizor check 2013 and do your own homework!

My friend has the number 1 restaurant according to Tripadvisor. Let me tell you its not even in the top 10. All you need to do is ask friends to write a review.

Yeah on private busines it is.

But as country/city/island category its pretty hard and need quite few friends...

My friend has the number 1 restaurant according to Tripadvisor. Let me tell you its not even in the top 10. All you need to do is ask friends to write a review.

But as country/city/island category its pretty hard and need quite few friends...

Plenty of companies selling reviews, cost $5 a pop from aged and trusted accounts.

Plenty of companies selling reviews, cost $5 a pop from aged and trusted accounts.

Yeah and off course koh tao local goverment has purchaced those.

They are head on their time on social media u say?? Yet dont know how make sewer systems. Makes sence..

You my friend are rocket engineer.

Next can u solve world peace?

You seem to know about scamming tourists this way, I find that a strange bit of information to possess.

Perhaps it is vested interests at play....

Breaking news!!

In today's hearing prosecutor stated he did not oppose the accused requesting bail. Lawyers requested Myanmar embassy to consider ASAP!!

https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy

I wonder how likely bail being granted is? Andy also said one of the defendants talked about wanting to go back to Burma (no mention of staying to clear his name)

Detention carried over for 12 more days.

Interesting, that the extension was given for 12 days - as it is clearly over the 84 days maximum (The total number of days between Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 and Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014 is 91 days).

Here's a recap of the Thai criminal procedure code;

Section 86/No means of custody may be applied to the arrestee in excess of the necessity for prevention against his abscondence:

In the case of offence liable to the maximum imprisonment for a term not less than six months but not more than ten years, or to a fine not less than five hundred baht or to both, the court shall be authorised to order several successive detentions not exceeding twelve days each, but the total period shall not exceed forty eight days.

In the case of offence liable to the maximum imprisonment for a term not less than ten years, irrespective of whether it be liable to any rate of fine also, the court shall be permitted to order several successive detentions not exceeding twelve days each, but the total period shall not be in excess of eighty four days.
In respect of paragraph 6, if, upon completion of forty eight days, the public prosecutor or inquirer applies to the court for further detention by reason of necessity, the court may grant the application only when the public prosecutor or inquirer has demonstrated such necessity and sufficiently introduced evidence for its hearing until it is satisfied.

Interesting, that the extension was given for 12 days - as it is clearly over the 84 days maximum (The total number of days between Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 and Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014 is 91 days).

Section 86/No means of custody may be applied to the arrestee in excess of the necessity for prevention against his abscondence:

In the case of offence liable to the maximum imprisonment for a term not less than six months but not more than ten years, or to a fine not less than five hundred baht or to both, the court shall be authorised to order several successive detentions not exceeding twelve days each, but the total period shall not exceed forty eight days.

In the case of offence liable to the maximum imprisonment for a term not less than ten years, irrespective of whether it be liable to any rate of fine also, the court shall be permitted to order several successive detentions not exceeding twelve days each, but the total period shall not be in excess of eighty four days.

In respect of paragraph 6, if, upon completion of forty eight days, the public prosecutor or inquirer applies to the court for further detention by reason of necessity, the court may grant the application only when the public prosecutor or inquirer has demonstrated such necessity and sufficiently introduced evidence for its hearing until it is satisfied.

You may want to consult a calendar... Starting with the date the crime happened, then the date they were arrested.

They were arrested on the 2nd October. The murder was on the 15th September.