DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

Once the PM of Thailand and the PM of Myanmar work things out these two guys will be out on Bail. Myanmar have already guaranteed they will not skip the country if they are released to them on Bail. O well just have to wait and see:coffee1:

PM Prayuth will not be interfering in this case.

Are you kidding? The PM is seriously interested in this case and, with his clout, has been manipulating aspects of it, and will continue to do so.

Edited by boomerangutang

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, regarding the viability (or otherwise) of the DNA testing ( remember the topic yet?), we do have some useful insight into the culture and mindset of the residents on the island, thanks to islandlife. It would appear that there is a gun culture that is nurtured as the locals 'almost all' have guns and they take them on fishing trips so they can shoot at clouds after they have had a skinful of alcohol. Those in their 20's are just kids playing and them having an arsanel in their homes is no big deal, just the antics of the young and not to be viewed as anything sinister, not even the grenades. Then we have their facebook and other online photos showing the bike ship repair man, female residents all poking fun at the barbaric murders and posing with weapons similar to those that were allegedly used. I wonder how many of these weapons are actually legal or licenced or whether the RTP local boys really care? On such an island I simply ask two things, would you trust them with the safety of your loved ones on their trip and would you believe any evidence they presented for anything could be trusted?

Quite simply, NO. Add to that the high probability that there are killers on the loose. DNA matching or DNA clearance is irrelevant especially when the crime scene was walked all over by people who should not have been there. Koh Tao is not a place for young people on holiday to go now, simply to many concerns.

On a lighter note, checking my emails last night I received a message from somebody looking for work in one of my projects. I rarely get these unsolicited emails for people looking for work, perhaps half a dozen a year. But this one made me smile.

Obviously left out the name and email address, wouldn't want to embarrass him:

Hi my names xxxxx,

Im a 24yr old Australian and looking for work in Thailand.

I have a hardworking background and great customer service. I have previously worked for a dive resort on koh tao.

Just sending an email to see if there is any work on the party boats for deckhand/bartender.

Thanks for your time

Just to note, I do not own a dive company or have a bar with this project but he obviously thought this may be relevant experience.

Looks like things are getting tight for $$$$ in KT whistling.gif

a snub by any other name is still a snub - however, this time (re; no bail) it's on an int'l level.

There is also the snub of RTP officialdom towards the HR Commission.

Earlier, we had the Headman's son snub official requests to provide a sample for DNA. He unsnubbed himself, weeks later, when assured it would test negative.

Plus, there are likely dozens of snubs by the headman and his people regarding requests to investigate the crime. I've been involved with Thailand for a third of a century and know how they think in that regard. For starters, they assume that all Thais think pretty much alike. So, if there's a question which needs to be asked (from Thai to Thai), they won't ask it, because they figure they already know what the other person will say.

I see it every day (and I hear 'mai dai' often, when things are indeed possible). Just yesterday, I was with a Thai worker of mine, and we needed another worker to assist for 15 minutes (lift a heavy log). I saw a man selling veges by the side of the road, and said to my helper, "I'll go and ask him to assist." My helper grinned and said knowingly, "no way. He's selling veges, he would never take time off to go and help us do that." This friendly banter went on for a minute. Then I approached the vendor, and he said 'sure.'

It's just one of several reasons why Thai cops aren't asking questions and pursuing leads in this case. Thai investigators assume they already know what the answers will be (obfuscating, if there's something to hide), so they'll often just not devote the effort to ask.

Another reason Thai investigators often don't pursue leads or ask tough questions of higher ups:

They're all very aware of Thailand's heavy social stratification. A person of lower rank asking a person of higher rank a tough question is out of line, borderline disrespectful. For example, it's unlikely a mere police private would have the gumption to ask the headman (or Mon) tough questions. A senior officer could, but he probably wouldn't, because he wouldn't want to take the chance of the other person 'losing face.' That's also why there's been nothing asked of Nomsod's mother. She's connected to the Headman, so she's essentially off-limits for questioning.

• Like 1

So the DNA does not match! Which means the headmans son is innocent. How? I won't be repetitive and state the many reasons why this simply does not guarantee somebody is innocent.

But when one has the Thai PM the leader of Thailand, state that anyone whose DNA does not match is innocent then we get a good clue where the orders have come from. From his other statements there are more hints as to his agenda, ie the Thai diplomat was 'invited' to the FCO in London, he missed out the word 'summoned'.

To the Thai PM's meeting with the Burmese delegation and the following day the judge snubbing the formal application made for bail, despite the fact it was guaranteed by the Burmese embassy that the B2 would adhere to the bail conditions.

Looks like DNA is the be all and end all of this farcical investigation. Its a kangaroo court case already wrapped and dusted. The only one who has not been implicated so far is the prosecutor who openly stated that he does not oppose bail and that the RTP do not have sufficient evidence to proceed, but I'm sure he'll toe the line when it comes to the crunch.

The Burmese team are making an appeal to the higher court for bail, good luck with that........

• Like 2

So now shen was proved these boys aint hiding , u with out no hesitation tvist that all these boys have guns a g granades at home and quietly trying to find another angle how to slander koh tao and its people. Yet still when i asked while ago where u live in Thailand you not answering. Is it bcase it might occur that your home is more rotten then koh tao but as you have no chlue or interest of tao u just trying to paint bad name to island. Keep joking.

So now shen was proved these boys aint hiding , u with out no hesitation tvist that all these boys have guns a g granades at home and quietly trying to find another angle how to slander koh tao and its people. Yet still when i asked while ago where u live in Thailand you not answering. Is it bcase it might occur that your home is more rotten then koh tao but as you have no chlue or interest of tao u just trying to paint bad name to island. Keep joking.

Eh.................facepalm.gif

• Like 2

And somewhere in between this topic it has completly lost the point of it. It was about head man and hes son . Their Dna thing.

Its proven its not he's Dna inside of that poor girl.

Not my place to start critizice police here or start quessing what happened. But!

Ive have said what ive heard and tryed tell what believe. You guys plainly quessing and eny one who not think same is instatly labelled mafia type granade launcher gun loving thug.

I dont really know what has gone down or cannot say 100% shure but seem u guys more interested to slash police ,goverment and Koh tao then find out what happened that tragig night .

Shudnt there be topic called clear Thailand of guns ,corruption ,mafia etc

There u all could cry together and try to change world ,one post at time!

One suspect was arrested and the second suspect fled. There was solid evidence, including CCTV.

Turns out, the suspects are the brother and son of the Island Headman so they were let go.

Headmen and their brothers/sons don't go to jail in Thailand so they framed some poor Burmese kids.

• Like 1

One suspect was arrested and the second suspect fled. There was solid evidence, including CCTV.

Turns out, the suspects are the brother and son of the Island Headman so they were let go.

Headmen and their brothers/sons don't go to jail in Thailand so they framed some poor Burmese kids.

Or as noted so many times, people have been suspects, and then been eliminated as suspects.

He was never arrested and nobody really fled nowhere. I remember that statement fainly as remember reading it and shoving it to person who supposely was arrested when he was definately sitting at jail.

Like said there was lot of comments from way 2 meny coppers wanting to get credit and i think this particular chief wich said hes arrested 2 peeps was was made by one of police who had nothing to do with eny investigation and just tryed get some glory like them all at the time.

Again not shure but just quessing i quess.

Or as noted so many times, people have been suspects, and then been eliminated as suspects.

That is true, yes. But it is essential to remember that one of the suspects was seen at the murder scene following the discovery of the victims. Why would he be there? Why was he allowed on to the crime scene?

It reminds me of the tragic Soham murders in Cambridgeshire in 2002. Two girls aged 10 - Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman were murdered by their school caretaker - Ian Huntley - after enticing him into their home. Huntley appeared in TV interviews on Sky news and the BBC following the discovery of their bodies to speak of the shock in the local community:

One reporter suggested to Huntley that he may have been the last person to speak to the girls before they disappeared, to which Huntley replied: "Yeah, that's what it seems like."[1] Huntley said their disappearance was "absolutely" a mystery and that "while there's no news there's still that glimmer of hope, and that's basically what we're all hanging on to."

source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_murders)

Huntley was convicted in 2003. 40 years minimum.

Edited by catsanddogs
  • Like 1

He was never arrested and nobody really fled nowhere. I remember that statement fainly as remember reading it and shoving it to person who supposely was arrested when he was definately sitting at jail.

Like said there was lot of comments from way 2 meny coppers wanting to get credit and i think this particular chief wich said hes arrested 2 peeps was was made by one of police who had nothing to do with eny investigation and just tryed get some glory like them all at the time.

Wrong again.

Arrested and fled. You can find the links, no problem.

The Police Commissioner, on September 23 said the Headmans brother was ARRESTED and he then said the Headmans son FLED.

The Headman claimed his son didnt flee...just hurried off to school as scheduled.

Headman and their kin don't go to jail in Thailand. Isn't that common knowledge?

• Like 2

And as been posted many times when alibis are found to be false they become suspects again.

• Like 2

That is true, yes. But it is essential to remember that one of the suspects was seen at the murder scene following the discovery of the victims. Why would he be there? Why was he allowed on to the crime scene?

It reminds me of the tragic Soham murders in Cambridgeshire in 2002. Two girls aged 10 - Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman were murdered by their school caretaker - Ian Huntley - after enticing him into their home. Huntley appeared in TV interviews on Sky news and the BBC following the discovery of their bodies to speak of the shock in the local community:

One reporter suggested to Huntley that he may have been the last person to speak to the girls before they disappeared, to which Huntley replied: "Yeah, that's what it seems like."[1] Huntley said their disappearance was "absolutely" a mystery and that "while there's no news there's still that glimmer of hope, and that's basically what we're all hanging on to."

Thats becase he lives hundred meters away and hes resort next to it and got waken up by burmese cleaner . Would you take time and walk relaxed if u would wake up something like that or run to your phone or where ever to contact police wich i believe he did . This aint big city when something like this happens daily and id say 95% of police ,locals had no idea how to act . Again just me thinking not a fact.

Wrong again.

The Police Commissioner, on September 23 said the Headmans brother was ARRESTED and he then said the Headmans son FLED.

The Headman claimed his son didnt flee...just hurried off to school as scheduled.

Headman and their kin don't go to jail in Thailand. Isn't that common knowledge?

U back steve?

Wrong again.

Statements later corrected

And as been posted many times when alibis are found to be false they become suspects again.

Yet to date, almost 2 months after cleared, nothing refuting the alibi has been proven.

Wrong again.

Then check when that statement was done and from where. It was right after sean had done hes deeds and next day he (brother)was accused for very short while.

One thing ive learned i never belive what papers write no more.

He was never arrested and hes nephew wasnt here. U can spin it as much u want find some links but it still dont give outcome you wish.

Allmoust like some of here have personal vendetta against these people. You dont have no proof no facts to support your theories just links of random statements there is hundreds of those but quess its handy just use few what supports your beliefs?

Wrong again.

Headman and their kin don't go to jail in Thailand. Isn't that common knowledge?[/quote

Show the link where he say he hurried in school ? Why hed do that if hes kid wasnt here? Like said im also interested when im shure he was in bk not in koh tao. Also have not seen one picture of him or eny evidence him beeing here that time. That is ultimate cover up in these days cameras and fb everyones pocket..

Edited by Islandlife

Thats becase he lives hundred meters away and hes resort next to it and got waken up by burmese cleaner . Would you take time and walk relaxed if u would wake up something like that or run to your phone or where ever to contact police wich i believe he did . This aint big city when something like this happens daily and id say 95% of police ,locals had no idea how to act . Again just me thinking not a fact.

You say you believe Mon contacted the police? Could you expand on this please?

Yet to date, almost 2 months after cleared, nothing refuting the alibi has been proven.

There are 2 videos showing what appears to be Nomsod on the island which most of us belive to be him because of his distinctive walk. The guy wearing the number 9 t-shirt should be easy to trace but the police on murder island can't do that. I wonder why. Any idea?

• Like 1

Like I said, easy to find the link and it wasn't some random police making statements.

It was Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen.

Sept 23, 2014: --URL::23273684f511d25c665490e3b4449f3b-- http://englishnews.t...ed-another-run/

"The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon. He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said. He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders"

Sept 24, 2014: http://www.chiangrai...in-koh-tao.html

"Police have confirmed that Montriwat is the man appeared in the CCTV video footage near the scene...

Police questioned why Wiraphan’s son Warot, 22 quickly disappeared from the island shortly after the murders however he stated that his son was studying at a university in Bangkok and he was returning to study, not running as the police said."

Fongs for the links :-)

• Like 1