DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

I have hunger for lobster which I had on a recent trip to USA. When you come to a country -- any country -- you abide by its judicial system as is. Human Rights NGO's may work toward changing that system for the better; but that is for down the road.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From The Vienna Convention on Consular Relations 1963

Article 55
Respect for the laws and regulations of the receiving State
1.Without prejudice to their privileges and immunities, it is the duty of all persons enjoying such privileges and immunities to respect the laws and regulations of the receiving State. They also have a duty not to interfere in the internal affairs of the State.
  • Like 1

Article 55
1.Without prejudice to their privileges and immunities, it is the duty of all persons enjoying such privileges and immunities to respect the laws and regulations of the receiving State. They also have a duty not to interfere in the internal affairs of the State.

I am not talking about laws and regulations

and where does that stop anyone fighting for justice. Did it stop the UK, Burmese or international human rights organizations such as Amnesty fighting for justice in this case. NO

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 2

Article 55

and where does that stop anyone fighting for justice. Did did it stop the UK, Burmese or international human rights organizations such as Amnesty fighting for justice in this case. NO

The UK has an established protocol for the murder of UK citizens overseas and it states that it can only be involved at the invitation of the country in which the murder occurred. What an NGO can do within a country and what an official consular presence in another country can do are two entirely different matters.

Edited by JLCrab

Article 55

Where in The Vienna Convention on Consular Relations 1963 does it say verdicts that have been bought or delivered unjustly on corrupt evidence have to be respected?

• Like 1

Article 55

and where does that stop anyone fighting for justice. Did did it stop the UK, Burmese or international human rights organizations such as Amnesty fighting for justice in this case. NO

The UK has an established protocol for the murder of UK citizens overseas and it states that it can only be involved at the invitation of the country in which the murder occurred. What an NGO can do within a country and what a consular presence in another can do are two entirely different matters.

I'm from the UK I know the protocol. Another part of the lever that is used to express concern regards the corruption is to have diplomatic talks regards the incident in question. When those talks fail to produce results then the next step is for the country defending its citizen to officially summon the Thai diplomat for further talks.

Your going over very old ground that is already well documented in this case. If you have something new to add please let me know

This is from the UK Bangkok Embassy website regarding a country defending its citizens:

What consulates cannot do for you

Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:

• get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings

This is from the UK Bangkok Embassy website regarding a country defending its citizens:

Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:

• get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings

Jesus, when did we start talking about trying to get UK citizens out of jail!

Edited by thailandchilli

Jesus, when did we start talking about trying to get UK citizens out of jail!

That statement by the UK Embassy is in conformance with the Article 55 of the Vienna Protocol which you know all about. And the same goes for any other country with diplomatic relations with Thailand including Myanmar.

Edited by JLCrab

The judges will weigh the evidence. The defense will be vigorous. I am willing to accept the results.

The conspiracy theorists will never accept the results of the trial if it convicts the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers.

After all this time nothing places the guy "everyone knows" did it on the island. Nothing shows he wasn't at his BKK residence. Should that change, I will accept that as well. What I find unacceptable is the conspiracy theorists' claims of guilt based on speculation from social media.

:)

• Like 1

Why has nobody officially identified the running man, oh wait the RTP did identify him once as Nomsod but then changed their minds. In Koa Toa everyone knows each other

How about the couple who were just feet in front of him and obviously saw him.

I hope this is explained adequately in the trial

Identification of people captured on cctv at or near the time of the murders would form a vital part of any "professional investigation"

post-223227-0-71873800-1417258799_thumb.

post-223227-0-70607300-1417258828_thumb.

post-223227-0-88554000-1417258895_thumb.

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 2

LOL, why would a conspiracy theory be discussed in the trial?

Because they will be discussing other conspiracies

Confessions and DNA for example

They will be discussing evidence and then the judges will decide the merits of the evidence. They won't be discussing conspiracy theories.

Why has nobody officially identified the running man, oh wait the RTP did identify him once as Nomsod but then changed their minds. In Koa Toa everyone knows each other

Identification of people captured on cctv at or near the time of the murders would form a vital part of any "professional investigation"

They will not mention the family once during the trial. After all they are no longer police suspects.

They will not mention the family once during the trial. After all they are no longer police suspects.

it would seem entirely proper to offer an alternative scenario as to who might have committed the crime in which case "the family" would fit in the frame much better than the B2. "The family" were suspects and remain suspects to 1/2 million+ people around the world. We know there is 1 dissenter.

Edited by uty6543