Islamic State: Militants kill 50 from Iraqi Anbar tribe

Lite Beer

Islamic State: Militants kill 50 from Iraqi Anbar tribe

Militants from Islamic State (IS) have killed at least 50 members of an Iraqi tribe in western Anbar province, officials and tribal leaders say.

The men and women from the Al Bu Nimr tribe are reported to have been lined up and shot in retaliation for resisting the jihadists.

A number of people from the same tribe were also found dead in mass graves earlier this week.

IS militants control large areas of Iraq and neighbouring Syria.

Meanwhile, AFP news agency quoted the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights as saying that at least 100 IS fighters had been killed in three days of fighting for the strategic Syrian border town of Kobane.

On Friday, some 150 Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga fighters crossed from Turkey to join Syrian Kurds who have been defending the town against IS for six weeks.

The Observatory says that more than 950 people have died in the battle, more than half of them from IS.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29862886

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-02

Europe and the rest of the World better worry about ISIS than Israel

Before ISIS starts beheading people in Europe

How, exactly, are they going to get there? Book on Emirates Air? Do you have any idea what you're saying? OK, there are individuals who might manage to travel from Syria or Turkey or Iraq to Europe. They might actually kill somebody there and behead them. So what? Are you saying that nobody is murdered for religious reasons every day in Europe (and UK and America) now? We have people in the U.S. killing other people for religious and racial reasons every day. Planting bombs at medical clinics they think provide abortions. Shooting people at church. A bunch of lunatics in Syria and Iraq is a very low-probability danger. You're in more danger of your wife shooting you "accidentally" than you are of being beheaded by a jihadi, and that's even if you're unmarried.

• Like 2

A weak reason to stay involved in the iraq mess.. supporting the shiites in a civil war because the other side that's getting screwed might get pissed off at all the bombing of their positions and behead someone IN europe.. from what i recall the beheadings in iraq and syria of western hostages who's governments refused to pay the ransom (most of the european prisoners were freed after their governments paid the ransom) the ones that were beheaded were american and british, the 2 main countries bombing iraq and syria and the 2 countries that refused to pay the ransom.

I take your point, however a policy of not paying a ransom pays off in the long run because they soon learn that Americans and Brits are worthless to them, except to get those nations even angrier and more resolute.

• Like 2

I don't think so because if they see an american or european in their territory, and their pretty much at war with nato, their still gonna kidnap him and find out exactly which country he's from later, why not? maybe this time they will get payment from someone, the family might raise the money from a private donor.

Edited by pkspeaker

The situation is so convoluted and screwed up there that no one knows for sure who's fighting whom

and who's killing what and where... what a mass.... and all thank to Obama for letting IS to get as' strong as they're now, the man who run away from wars, wars will always find him....

If we started paying ransoms, it would turn into an even bigger mess than it is now. People would be kidnapped at every opportunity - and if each ransom bought 500 new weapons, how many lives will it cost to save one ?.

People need to realise that there is no negotiating or reasoning with these fanatics. They must be wiped out.

I wonder if they ever wonder why Allah gave the non-muslim countries the know-how to invent all the weapons they are using for their 'holy war'. How come they are not dropping smart bombs on Americans ?. Perhaps there is a clue in there somewhere ...

• Like 1

I for one salute the Sunni tribal members who died rather than joining IS; very courageous people. Another group of Sunni tribal members were massacred, in a larger number, not so long ago for the same reason. Both tribes have the same background, tribal members of the Sunni Awakening who were previously successful in opposing Al Qaeda in Iraq.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

A weak reason to stay involved in the iraq mess.. supporting the shiites in a civil war because the other side that's getting screwed might get pissed off at all the bombing of their positions and behead someone IN europe.. from what i recall the beheadings in iraq and syria of western hostages who's governments refused to pay the ransom (most of the european prisoners were freed after their governments paid the ransom) the ones that were beheaded were american and british, the 2 main countries bombing iraq and syria and the 2 countries that refused to pay the ransom.

You make it sound like you support paying of ransoms. Earlier ransoms were paid, as you said, and they're still kidnapping westerners.

The US. and the UK. are right to not pay the ransoms!

It just reinforces their disgraceful behaviour and leads to more kidnappings. The westerners shouldn't have been in the region in the first place. That guy John Cantle, has been kidnapped TWICE! The first time, he was rescued by the Syrian Army. He then returned and was kidnapped again!!

How, exactly, are they going to get there? Book on Emirates Air? Do you have any idea what you're saying? OK, there are individuals who might manage to travel from Syria or Turkey or Iraq to Europe. They might actually kill somebody there and behead them. So what? Are you saying that nobody is murdered for religious reasons every day in Europe (and UK and America) now? We have people in the U.S. killing other people for religious and racial reasons every day. Planting bombs at medical clinics they think provide abortions. Shooting people at church. A bunch of lunatics in Syria and Iraq is a very low-probability danger. You're in more danger of your wife shooting you "accidentally" than you are of being beheaded by a jihadi, and that's even if you're unmarried.

And homegrown ISIS supporters? Homegrown Jihadists or returning IS fighters are considered a clear danger by western/European security services.

BTW, how often is an abortion clinic in the US bombed compared to the frequency of IS/Islamic beheadings? Silly comparison.

IS are not just killing Shiites, they kill anyone who does not agree with their ideas. Their idea's of course change daily so they kill IS members as well. There are videos of young boys beheading men and in Thailand a few days ago Islamist's killed a 9 year old boy and his older brother.

This is why we need to fight them, although I admit that Obama and Cameron have not got a clue how to do this. We need boots on the ground in Iraq. Form a line at the Turkish border and walk forward, cleaning out any IS fighters on the way.

Assad is no angel but he has had to use tactics to control the animals in his country. Syria was a secular country until IS and the other Islamist fools started the civil war. Christians and Jews could worship there and schools were open to boys and girls.

As for not paying ransoms, the only way to deal with that is to take 100 IS fighters for every 1 of ours. If they behead one of ours then string up the 100 and cut a small piece off every day. Brutal, horrific, against UN and Geneva conventions, yes BUT these people will take note of nothing less.If you just kill them they are happy to die as they think they are going strait to Allah, of course we know that if there is a hell that's where they will

be living.

• Like 1

Look at them in those other countries driving around in topless vehicles, guns over the shoulders, do you think that would happen in a civilised world, and left to do as you please, maybe more people should help the kurds, as they seem the only muslims to engage the fighting head on, stop a virus at its main source

Edited by cookee68

IS are not just killing Shiites, they kill anyone who does not agree with their ideas. Their idea's of course change daily so they kill IS members as well. There are videos of young boys beheading men and in Thailand a few days ago Islamist's killed a 9 year old boy and his older brother.

This is why we need to fight them, although I admit that Obama and Cameron have not got a clue how to do this. We need boots on the ground in Iraq. Form a line at the Turkish border and walk forward, cleaning out any IS fighters on the way.

Assad is no angel but he has had to use tactics to control the animals in his country. Syria was a secular country until IS and the other Islamist fools started the civil war. Christians and Jews could worship there and schools were open to boys and girls.

As for not paying ransoms, the only way to deal with that is to take 100 IS fighters for every 1 of ours. If they behead one of ours then string up the 100 and cut a small piece off every day. Brutal, horrific, against UN and Geneva conventions, yes BUT these people will take note of nothing less. If you just kill them they are happy to die as they think they are going strait to Allah, of course we know that if there is a hell that's where they will be living.

true words spoken, it,s a shame turkey does not adapt the same principle, instead of ignoring and helping them at the same time,

As for not paying ransoms, the only way to deal with that is to take 100 IS fighters for every 1 of ours. If they behead one of ours then string up the 100 and cut a small piece off every day. Brutal, horrific, against UN and Geneva conventions, yes BUT these people will take note of nothing less.

If you just kill them they are happy to die as they think they are going strait to Allah, of course we know that if there is a hell that's where they will be living.

Assad kick started the civil war with the brutal suppression of the unarmed Syrian Arab Spring demonstrations.

• Like 1

I don't think so because if they see an american or european in their territory, and their pretty much at war with nato, their still gonna kidnap him and find out exactly which country he's from later, why not? maybe this time they will get payment from someone, the family might raise the money from a private donor.

You're right, they will still be captured.

I think it was Maggie Thatcher that, if not first then reinforced the policy that you do not deal with terrorists. The plane hijackings soon trailed off.

• Like 1

Not good at all man. Those numbers are barely 1% of their entire force. This operation needs to be swift and effective, not prolonging the time like this. Only more damages and casualties will surface.

Atleast I hope this takes away their attention from killing innocent civilians, and focus their attention on enemy forces.

The Middle East is unstable after terrorist state of Israel was born after the war - another English mistake. Until remains there, there will be no peace. Their politics of Goebbels- lies, Hitler-conquer, holocaust, ethnic cleansing, apartheid, use of other's dirty hands-mostly and billions of dollars in free support by the American's government and not American population is the strategy they use to gain power, "prestige" on international scene and annexation of territory of legitimate state of Palestine.

Assad kick started the civil war with the brutal suppression of the unarmed Syrian Arab Spring demonstrations.

I have mixed thoughts about Assad instigating events. I mean, he is a brutal thug and totally has an illegitimate ruling mandate, but I think the evidence is broadly true that the Arab Spring was a contrived fiasco manipulated, educated, funded, and applied by western interests. This is my opinion so that while Assad may be traced to day "x" and actions that seem to have launched the civil war I think it was coming regardless of his efforts.

The Middle East is unstable after terrorist state of Israel was born after the war - another English mistake. Until remains there, there will be no peace. Their politics of Goebbels- lies, Hitler-conquer, holocaust, ethnic cleansing, apartheid, use of other's dirty hands-mostly and billions of dollars in free support by the American's government and not American population is the strategy they use to gain power, "prestige" on international scene and annexation of territory of legitimate state of Palestine.

Ok, different POV then mine... a bit drastic, but it is your position. May I ask further?

Are you saying that Israel should never have been born because they are jews or because it was inherrently unfair to carve up land from the Levant and give it to anyone?

Is the instability just because Israel exists or because of the dynamic of how it and the arabs interact?

Which territory was annexed?

Where can I find further information regarding the legitimate sate of Palestine?

"...until remains there..." Do you advocate the dissolution of the state of Israel and if so, what should be done with the residents?

Thanks for helping me to understand your post better.

lined up and shot in retaliation for resisting the jihadists

Resistance means not wanting to join the criminal jihadists in there massacre of innocent people...not converting to the Jihadists particular ideals of Islam...or not materially and financially supporting their criminal activity...Resistance is Futile!

Today...the Middle East...tomorrow...Europe...US...Canada...Australia...and the World...Annihilate anyone and everyone who refuses to convert to Islam and join the jihadists...

Meanwhile, the jihadists rape the young women...subjugate them to slavery conditions...kill the men...and pillage the village...

Get your Koran on Ebay or Amazon so you can be ready to join the fight to liberate the world from Western Imperialism...and help replace it with Sharia Law and be judged by some elderly male smug thugs with a mid-evil mindset...

The fight in the ME is not for Syria or Iraqi oil...it is for complete world domination...coming soon to a city near you...

Israel??

I read the story twise to see where I missed the connection to Israel and Europe, and I still don't get it????

When someone includes a link that connects to an organization with decided political or other views, I do not think it should be discarded out of hand; the information provided can be useful even when we disagree with the source. However, while Jimmy Carter's position is known (one of my first books about middle east was The Blood of Abraham by Carter) fewer people are familiar with Democracy Now.

People should be familiar with this organization as it works hand in glove with a number of other NGOs and quasi US Gov agencies instigating color wars around the world under the "color" of democracy. Democracy Now is a Soros front group and such groups have recently been involved with the Arab Spring and Ukrainian debacles. These people manipulate media and public opinion to give the impression of grassroots uprisings, such as Hong Kong recently. These groups put a grassroots face on NED- National Endowment for Democracy agendas, which are remarkable imperial.

So, when a person includes citations that reference such a group know without question they hold to a very specific agenda. In the case of the post above the author was tying Israel into the secterian mess in Anbar, an area I am familiar with. I can tell you there is nothing about this area that has any appreciable relationship to Israel, Jews, Palestinian issues, or related. An earlier poster noted the bravery of these people and I totally agree. This is where the Awakening Councils came from and these people did have a choice. They could have folded and supported IS. It would have been as simple as saying so, and returning home. Therefore, there is much bravery that can be infered from this story. It also serves to suggest how repugnant IS really is because sunni muslims in Anbar are not unorthodox; they are very much practicing muslims and still objected to IS.

Be wary of these seemingly grassroots organizations; following the money leads to some very frightening actors.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=1237

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/1/2/year_of_global_uprisings_from_the

http://www.globalresearch.ca/colored-revolutions-covert-support-to-al-qaeda-is-algeria-next/5381736

As for not paying ransoms, the only way to deal with that is to take 100 IS fighters for every 1 of ours. If they behead one of ours then string up the 100 and cut a small piece off every day. Brutal, horrific, against UN and Geneva conventions, yes BUT these people will take note of nothing less.If you just kill them they are happy to die as they think they are going strait to Allah, of course we know that if there is a hell that's where they will

be living.

Please, let them kill together and stay at home. This war is not yours and the states are mainly in the Middle East problem, in no case the solution.

Edited by Hisseho

What a weak reason ? Are you fair dinkum? 50 unarmed and innocent people lined up and shot plus more people from the same tribe found in a mass grave. Are you condoning these atrocities being perpetrated by these sick militant scum because one side is getting screwed and, as you put it, "pissed off because they are getting bombed."

So if a ransom is not paid, then the beheading is ok by you but if the ransom is paid, and governments bow down to these animals, then according to you, the end justifies the means. I will not lower myself to call you for what you are other than to say that people like you are just plain oxygen thieves.

I think most civilised people would deplore what is going on but you, wow, are one callous person and no doubt a coalition hater. 50 weak reasons hey, just one death perpetrated by these jihadists is enough to stay involved and try to rid this earth of these animals, who propagate their actions through their misinterpretation of chapters from the Koran.

lined up and shot in retaliation for resisting the jihadists

Resistance means not wanting to join the criminal jihadists in there massacre of innocent people...not converting to the Jihadists particular ideals of Islam...or not materially and financially supporting their criminal activity...Resistance is Futile!

Today...the Middle East...tomorrow...Europe...US...Canada...Australia...and the World...Annihilate anyone and everyone who refuses to convert to Islam and join the jihadists...

Meanwhile, the jihadists rape the young women...subjugate them to slavery conditions...kill the men...and pillage the village...

Get your Koran on Ebay or Amazon so you can be ready to join the fight to liberate the world from Western Imperialism...and help replace it with Sharia Law and be judged by some elderly male smug thugs with a mid-evil mindset...

The fight in the ME is not for Syria or Iraqi oil...it is for complete world domination...coming soon to a city near you...

post-211553-0-71647900-1414982745_thumb.

East London

• Like 2

50 weak reasons hey, just one death perpetrated by these jihadists is enough to stay involved and try to rid this earth of these animals, who propagate their actions through their misinterpretation of chapters from the Koran.

I'm no expert, but I'm not so sure that they are misinterpreting chapters from the Koran. I think more likely they are reading it literally.

• Like 1

be living.

In 1 thing I agree with you, you can never win a war against ppl who give a damn about the conventions of geneva etc. as long you keeping this rules.

I'm strictly against torture, but there is a backdoor in the convention.

If your enemy is not a regular army means not all the same uniform, then they supposed to be terrorists.

Simple solution execute all of them, who shut against you, no trial.