UK: Man attacks 15-year-old poppy seller

Lite Beer

Man attacks 15-year-old poppy seller

An Army Cadet suffered burns in an unprovoked attack after selling poppies for Remembrance Day.

The 15-year-old boy was waiting at a bus stop at 6pm yesterday in Manchester city centre when a man approached him with an aerosol can and lighter and sprayed him with lit fumes.

The cadet, who was wearing his camouflaged uniform, suffered minor burns to his face and singed hairs in his face and right forearm, Greater Manchester Police said.

A 15-year-old Army Cadet has suffered burns in an unprovoked attack after selling poppies for Remembrance Day© Provided by Press Association A 15-year-old Army Cadet has suffered burns in an unprovoked attack after selling poppies for Remembrance Day
The offender, described as black or Asian, 5ft 8in tall and wearing a dark hooded top, walked off from the bus stop by the Manchester Gallery opposite George Street without saying a word.

Police said that he appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and was staggering.

Detective Inspector Liam Boden said: "This is an absolutely appalling attack on a young man who was raising money to help remember all those who gave their lives fighting bravely for their country.

"At this stage of our inquiries, we're keeping an open minded as to what motivated the offender to commit such an act.

"Given the initial description we have of the offender, it may be that he was under the influence of something but whatever his motivation, his violent actions could have scarred this young man for life. Although he has suffered some minor injuries, it is pure luck that he did not sustain more serious burns to his face and body.

"Understandably both he and his family are in a state of total shock and cannot believe someone would do this.

"We need to find whomever is responsible for this crime and I would therefore appeal to anyone who has information that could help. This happened at a very busy time in the city centre, near a main bus route, and there could be lots of people who saw this man staggering around.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/man-attacks-15-year-old-poppy-seller/ar-BBcwBWt

--MSN News 2014-11-02

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all buses in Britain have CCTV on them and our cities can capture us all on CCTV multiple times each day.

Based on this, if the will is there they should be able to sift through the timeline and follow this offender right back to his / her house.

• Like 1

Almost all buses in Britain have CCTV on them and our cities can capture us all on CCTV multiple times each day.

Based on this, if the will is there they should be able to sift through the timeline and follow this offender right back to his / her house.

Do read things properly. He wasn't on a bus; he was standing at a bus stop !

Don't tell me, the offender was of the persuasion of a certain peaceful religion... dry.png

Why don't you at least have the guts to come out and say what you really mean? Your cowardly covert racism is even more repugnant than the kind that marches mob-handed down the street waving banners with racist slogs and spitting insults at by-standers who happen to have dark skins.

Maybe you missed this line in the report: "Police said that he appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and was staggering".

The vast majority of Muslims do not drink alcohol, which is against the teachings of Islam.

But of course, you already knew that.

• Like 2

Society..............really.

You know, we heard of these stories all the time, or see videos on the internet of how a certain individual abuses another powerless individual. And all the "public" does, is just watch and doesn't get involved. How hard is it, to just freaking, smash that offender up and do some justice in this world? This hooded loser has all the power just because good men watch and do nothing.

Society..............really.

You know, we heard of these stories all the time, or see videos on the internet of how a certain individual abuses another powerless individual. And all the "public" does, is just watch and doesn't get involved. How hard is it, to just freaking, smash that offender up and do some justice in this world? This hooded loser has all the power just because good men watch and do nothing.

Thats a great monologue of injustice...but probably should have been saved to a situation where it applies.

In this case, society's police force will identify and arrest him. They will investigate his motivations. He will appear in a court of law. He will go to jail.

"At this stage of our inquiries, we're keeping an open minded as to what motivated the offender to commit such an act.

The kid was wearing his TA uniform.

We all know who is targeting soldiers in the UK, and just happens to be 'asian or black'.

Well it doesn't take many braincells to work out that it was almost certainly a Muslim hate crime. The police will know this, but PC England will never allow them to say that.

I believe the old bill will track this idiot down because of the massive amount of CCTV, they can almost track you down to your house these days.

He'll probably get a 6 month suspended sentence and lauded as a hero by his community for nailing a 15 year old kid.

159 posts and I have not found one I agree with yet. In fact, they are more like nonsensical rants.

Why will he receive a suspended sentence?

Why will the community laud him?

Is that really your photo in the avatar? It fits.

• Like 1

Another off-topic anti-Islam post has been removed.

You will not receive further notice of off-topic posts being removed.

There is no evidence that this guy is a Muslim. Until there is a credible source, we can dispense with that type of off-topic discussion.

• Like 1

Firstly I was at the Tower of London last week to see the ceramic poppy display. Thousands of people , all colours and creeds paying their respects.

Secondly I was in a bar in Kanchanaburi last year after the rememberance service. A drunk guy came in and started abusing a British vet who was wearing a poppy. He ripped the offending poppy out of the old chaps lapel , spat on it and trod it underfoot. I was in the process of ripping this guys head off but a couple of Aussie serviceman kindly saved me the bother. The point is that the scumbag in question was a middle aged white guy from France !

• Like 1

Firstly I was at the Tower of London last week to see the ceramic poppy display. Thousands of people , all colours and creeds paying their respects.

Secondly I was in a bar in Kanchanaburi last year after the rememberance service. A drunk guy came in and started abusing a British vet who was wearing a poppy. He ripped the offending poppy out of the old chaps lapel , spat on it and trod it underfoot. I was in the process of ripping this guys head off but a couple of Aussie serviceman kindly saved me the bother. The point is that the scumbag in question was a middle aged white guy from France !

That does not surprise me....the nation of white feathers

• Like 1

Don't tell me, the offender was of the persuasion of a certain peaceful religion... dry.png

Why don't you at least have the guts to come out and say what you really mean? Your cowardly covert racism is even more repugnant than the kind that marches mob-handed down the street waving banners with racist slogs and spitting insults at by-standers who happen to have dark skins.

Maybe you missed this line in the report: "Police said that he appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and was staggering".

The vast majority of Muslims do not drink alcohol, which is against the teachings of Islam.

But of course, you already knew that.

The majority are irrelevant. It took 17 men to start the war on terror.

What religion was he though?

• Like 1

The young lad was in uniform near the Art Gallery, he is an Army Cadet (not TA) he had been selling poppies for the British Legion and was waiting at the bus stop for a bus on his way home... the worthless scumbag dog turd, staggered along and obviously decided it would be well Hard and brave to raise an aerosol can and lighter and do the flame thrower gag into this lads face, unprovoked and unexpecting a cowardly act like that, totally off guard, yes reports on local news said the attacker was either black or Asian looking and appeared drunk as he was staggering as he walked... there are hundreds of CCTVs around that area of Manchester so hopefully they will post a Mug shot and catch up with Gunga -din and he will probably get a suspened worthless sentence a few hours community service... Hopefully some others will clock him and he gets a good kicking as he is a $hit-Bag, enuf said

dont care what religion the toe rag is

• Like 1