Tony Blair hopes there is an election in Thailand next year

Lite Beer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busy body tony. Thai have democracy the thai way. Nothing to do with farang; especially British.

There's only one Democracy,the Universal way or none at all,which ones yours?

You really need to study political science.

There is actually one ideal democracy, laid out by Socrates, further enhanced and expanded and re-defined in Aristotle's 'Polity', and upon which many modern day democracies have been based (although Aristotle's Polity placed the 'citizens' first - and even the Greeks failed to do that!)

Thialand likes to believe its democratic laws are based upon those of British law, but nothing could be further than the truth. What the eyes to the left and nose to the right argue daily about in HoParliament, is for the benefit of the British citizens, on the whole, and I iterate 'on the whole'.... agreed?

OK.. I'm going slightly off-topic... but what B Liar spent his time arguing about was, similar to the Thai Parliament - what's in it for me and Gordon - before they fell out over the garden fence.

THUS HIS CREDIBILITY is not worth a toffee paper, and coming to give Thailand some advice is like him showing the General how to use a cheese grater, everybody sees the cheese disappear, but don't know where it's gone, and what's left inside is all for us at the top. giggle.gif

Let Thai people do whatever the best for them. Why are all the Western people putting pressures on the Thai government.

Leave them alone.

Thats kind of what Blair is saying. he wants thai PEOPLE do what thay want, which means election and democracy. At this moment it's only PM general Prayuth doing what HE wants.

Blair wants thai people to be left alone too. So he is on your side, even that you don't realize it (if you are thai).

• Like 1

Whatever Tony Blair hopes about the election in Thailand, it is not his business to make such suggestion.

Let Thai people do whatever the best for them. Why are all the Western people putting pressures on the Thai government.

Leave them alone.

A large part of the grand mess Thailand finds itself in today is because Western governments and most especially the US government supported the wrong people as some sort of misguided bulwark against communism. That the general is able to throw out a civilian government derives directly from this - like it or not the west has long been hands on and the General's trip to Milan and much else indicates that he's desperate for their approval and probably utterly confused that he's not getting it as his tank totting predecessors did time after time.

Edited by Snig27

Busy body tony. Thai have democracy the thai way. Nothing to do with farang; especially British.

There's only one Democracy,the Universal way or none at all,which ones yours?

You really need to study political science.

There is actually one ideal democracy, laid out by Socrates, further enhanced and expanded and re-defined in Aristotle's 'Polity', and upon which many modern day democracies have been based (although Aristotle's Polity placed the 'citizens' first - and even the Greeks failed to do that!)

Thialand likes to believe its democratic laws are based upon those of British law, but nothing could be further than the truth. What the eyes to the left and nose to the right argue daily about in HoParliament, is for the benefit of the British citizens, on the whole, and I iterate 'on the whole'.... agreed?

OK.. I'm going slightly off-topic... but what B Liar spent his time arguing about was, similar to the Thai Parliament - what's in it for me and Gordon - before they fell out over the garden fence.

THUS HIS CREDIBILITY is not worth a toffee paper, and coming to give Thailand some advice is like him showing the General how to use a cheese grater, everybody sees the cheese disappear, but don't know where it's gone, and what's left inside is all for us at the top. giggle.gif

Yes, and likewise there is only one religion, as laid out by every religion.

• Like 1

He did a great job as Middle East Envoy, seems he has given that job up to interfere around Thailand

From who's perspective. Is there lasting peace, or peace of any kind in the Middle East, as a result of his deplomacy ?.

Blair is a bumbling, interferring idiot, out to make money from his "name".

He did a great job as Middle East Envoy, seems he has given that job up to interfere around Thailand

From who's perspective. Is there lasting peace, or peace of any kind in the Middle East, as a result of his deplomacy ?.

Blair is a bumbling, interferring idiot, out to make money from his "name".

I wish I could bumble my way to 50 million quidxpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS.

Blair and his former boss, Bush should be indicted for crimes against humanity

Of course they should - starting wars(for their personal gain) that killed millions puts them up there with Hitler and Pol Pot. It's amazing how many Brits and Yanks criticize Thailand's leaders with an air of superiority.

Good luck we have Tony Blair. The world would be a bland place without this sunny boy. Why does he not put down his getting-paid-for-nothing job(s) with the UN and other agencies and start doing real work.
What does he have to cough into Thai politics. I wonder what Cameron would say if any former Thai prime minister would tell him to count his onions?

Pathetic!

Having made alledgedly a £50 million pound personal fortune, since Tony Blair left office,forgive me if I sound cynicle and wonder what financial attraction is the bait to lure him to South East Asia!

...........Perhaps he's here to spend a bit of it on a dirty weekend in Pattaya whistling.gif .

Hmm, it seems the Brits don't like Blair, but the Yanks still like Bush. Amazing, isn't it, that there can be such a difference of opinion on two such similar leaders. Are the Brits really that much smarter than the Yanks?

You're obviously missing something here! When american guys say they still like Bush, they are not talking about their illustrious former-President!wai2.gif (Although they could both be described using a vulgar word beginning with C).

• Like 1

Suriya4 post # 2

Absolutely priceless you rant on concerning the British yet you have no idea what you are talking about have you?

British covers many nationalities no discrimination unlike Thailand where if you are not Thai you have no say or rights you can even be framed for crimes you never committed.

So Suriya4 you go away and try to rid yourself of your racist views and possibly even educate yourself at the same time too.

Amusing too that you have learned to communicate using ''British'' try learning English so as to round off your limited education.

Many people think that 'English' is the same as 'British'. It is not!

People who are English are from the country of England. On the other hand, British people are people who live in Great Britain(Britain) and the UK.

(You can learn about the difference between England, Scotland, Wales , Great Britain and the UK by clicking here)

http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/

All though everyone in the UK has a British citizenship they have different nationalities.

Suriya4 post # 2

Absolutely priceless you rant on concerning the British yet you have no idea what you are talking about have you?

British covers many nationalities no discrimination unlike Thailand where if you are not Thai you have no say or rights you can even be framed for crimes you never committed.

So Suriya4 you go away and try to rid yourself of your racist views and possibly even educate yourself at the same time too.

Amusing too that you have learned to communicate using ''British'' try learning English so as to round off your limited education.

Many people think that 'English' is the same as 'British'. It is not!

People who are English are from the country of England. On the other hand, British people are people who live in Great Britain(Britain) and the UK.

(You can learn about the difference between England, Scotland, Wales , Great Britain and the UK by clicking here)

http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/

All though everyone in the UK has a British citizenship they have different nationalities.

Are you sure? I am a Scot but I thought my nationality was British.

• Like 1

Oooo . . . that photo makes my skin crawl and I ain't referring to the Thai guy on the right.

The shark is back in town, sniffing around for another pay day.

No doubt offering his services as a speaker, adviser or some such. Any chance of a pay day and good old Tone will be there.