English guy confused by visa runs - please help lol

Hi

First let me apologiZe for being a newbie and asking what may seem like stupid questions.. Any help is appreciated.. Im not unwilling to read and do my own research but im struggling to find the jnfo i want / need.. It all seems complex and confusing!!! Thanks in advance

I am 23 years of age and from UK

I arrived in thailand by plane and was granted 30 days. I then went to immigration in chiang mai and extended for another 30 days...

Now the time has come where i will have to do a visa run.. I have no idea the best way to go about it.

I want to stay until christmas in thailand..Is there any destination of visa run that will give me 2 months?

If any of you have any links for me to read or tips or just anything that could help me understand it all then it would be much appreciated. Seems right now im doing a lot of reading and just getting more confused.

Basically just wanna stay in thailand and want the visa run to be over as quick as possible!

Thanks in advance

Griff9

A visa run service just reported at 0319 today on this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773865-visa-run/ that doing a border run to Mai Sai and getting a visa exempt entry and extending it for 30 days should not be a problem. If you want 60 +30 you will have to go to an Embassy/Consulate in a neighboring country and get a visa Savannakhet is currently issuing visas on the same day that they are applied for.

I,m not sure what the baht 3000 in the above post refers to. In either case you will have to enter the neighboring country and return to Thailand. Myanmar is 500 baht, Laos is $35 and Cambodia is $20. If you get a visa the cost is 1000 baht/entry and all extensions at immigration are 1900baht. The largest cost will be travel and that depends on your choice.

• Like 1

I,m not sure what the baht 3000 in the above post refers to.

Being this a visa thread, it refers to the cost of a minivan visa run from Bangkok, excluding visas cost.

Cambodia is $20.

Actually Cambodia visa is now $30.

"Travelers who arrived in Thailand on a Visa Exemption stamp can still go to Mae Sai up to 2 and sometimes 3 times. Non-Immigrant Visa or Tourist visa holders with remaining entries on their visa can exit and enter Thailand as before."

This quote is from a web page of one Chiang Mai based Visa Run Company.

Sometimes google can help.

I learnt that there are at least 2 companies in Chiang Mai to provide service, so OP can call them and let them know his concern and ask advise from professionals.

• Like 1

I appreciate the help guys.

I'm currently still in chiang mai.

In terms of budget im not to worried what i spend but had heard murmurs that certain destinations will gain you a longer visa.

I just wish to be able to stay till christmas and only have to do one run. Im not sure if that is possible

In terms of budget im not to worried what i spend but had heard murmurs that certain destinations will gain you a longer visa.

I just wish to be able to stay till christmas and only have to do one run. Im not sure if that is possible

As indicated below , just contact any Chiang Mai based Visa Run company and they will assist you ......

end of story ..... coffee1.gif

"Travelers who arrived in Thailand on a Visa Exemption stamp can still go to Mae Sai up to 2 and sometimes 3 times. Non-Immigrant Visa or Tourist visa holders with remaining entries on their visa can exit and enter Thailand as before."

This quote is from a web page of one Chiang Mai based Visa Run Company.

Sometimes google can help.

I learnt that there are at least 2 companies in Chiang Mai to provide service, so OP can call them and let them know his concern and ask advise from professionals.

The important thing to remember is that it can all change at any time.

Arriving on 30 day stamp and then extending more than once IS an abuse of the system, admittedly an abuse that has been tolerated for years.

Tourists should get a tourist visa, they are easy to get.

• Like 1

Arriving on 30 day stamp and then extending more than once IS an abuse of the system, admittedly an abuse that has been tolerated for years.

When you "extend" a visa exempt stamp now, what stamp do you get in your passport for it? Is it the same as the "extension denied" stamp as before but now you have 30 days to leave the Kingdom?

Hello

The best way is to go apply for a 60-day tourist visa. The Thai Consulate in Savannakhet is the best place to do so now, I'd say.

To be honest I don't know if the Thai Immigration will give you another visa-exempt stamp after you've already got the first 30-day

stamp and made a 30-day extension. Maybe they could... I'm not sure.. If you want to stay in Thailand till this Christmas, you'll

have to make a visa run for another visa-exempt stamp twice. I wouldn't think it a good idea.

Good luck.

One of the cheapest ways from Bangkok to Savannakhet is to take a seat in the 3rd class on a rapid train from

Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani (205B / 12-13hrs), hop on a songthaew No.2 in front of the railway station to the

bus terminal of Ubon Ratchathani (10B / 30-40mins), take a mini-van to Mukdahan (105B / 2hrs) and then catch

the international bus to Savannhakhet (50B / 1hr). I just did this trip last weekend.

A night bus between Mochit Bus Terminal, Bangkok and Mukdahan costs you more than 500B per person each way,

I believe.

Good luck!

Edited by Too

If you go to Savannakhet in Laos you can get a tourist visa good for 60 days and can be extended at immigration for an additional 30 days for 1900 baht that will get you past Chrismas . Can pick up a tourist visa in other countries and Vientiene , Laos but takes 1 day to apply and next day to pick up. Savannakhet does it in 1 day as Ubonjoe mentioned.

From Chiang Mai the most comfortable way is Nok Ar to Udon Thani, then Vientane.

If the Immigration Officer grants entry to the country when the OP returns then it is NOT an abuse of the system, it is up to the Immi Officer to decide this not you

Off topic. Forgive me.

Want to apply for two entry Visa in Europe but the embassy require travel tickets for all entrys.

In my case I need three tickets (out, in and out from Thailand).

Anybody knows if i can buy international bus ticket online to present to the embassy?

Thx,

Want to apply for two entry Visa in Europe but the embassy require travel tickets for all entrys.

Anybody knows if i can buy international bus ticket online to present to the embassy?

You need to ask the embassy. We don't even know which one are you talking about.

Edited by paz

can anyone confirm that Savannakhet is issuing visas on the same day??? Please reply, I just got ripped by this crappy language school that I'm working at and I need to know as soon as poosible so I can adjust my travel plans

hmmm ... another teacher vs visa story ...... coffee1.gif

If your working in Thailand you are required to have a work permit.

You need to ask the embassy. We don't even know which one are you talking about.

It's for tourist visa they require entry and exit tickets.