Lao women rescued from Thai 'Karaoke' brothels

webfact

If there are say 10-15 ladies in a shop being held and forced to do nasty things that they do not want to do. Why do they not on mass, stand up, beat up the owner and walk down to the police station.

Sounds like there must be more to the story.

coffee1.gif

Because if they had beat up the owner, he would not be able the recieve their complaint at the policestation!

Like in: Police/owner same same!!rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

There are so many karaoke places on the street near my home, I am wondering if they are doing the same thing? I never venture to go into one, but I see the girls always sitting in front of the shops.

Only one way to find out my friend??giggle.gifgiggle.gif

All in the name of investigative journalism ofcourse!!

Come on man, he must be "asking for a friend". giggle.gif

• Like 1

If there are say 10-15 ladies in a shop being held and forced to do nasty things that they do not want to do. Why do they not on mass, stand up, beat up the owner and walk down to the police station.

coffee1.gif

Because they will be beaten by the cops too. If owners are not cop themself, then they are very well acquainted.

coffee1.gif

Hmmm. What / who do you think they would find in the local police station?

The BIB said there were no arrests because the bar's owners appeared to fled before the raid.

Now just how did they know a raid was about to take place ? giggle.gif

raid led by army,

police very sad,

they loosing their provision,

thats RTP !!

of cause they know the owner will be back and will open a new location,

jointly with RTP !!

Human trafficking is well known. Several agencies used to exist (might still be there) in places like Manila. I actually was invited into an agency by a girl I met working in Japan. Her father was sleeping there (in the agency) and several girls were "frequent flyers". It was no secret, to the Philippine immigration people and the Japanese Immigration. people. My wife's niece, just flew to Japan, with three other girls, to work in a "coffee shop". After 5 years in Japan, I met only one girl who refused to sleep with customers. She was not beaten or punished. The only problem was she could not pay back the agency fees, and had to keep going back. Now, twenty years later, she is retired. I think she filled 10 contracts in countries around the word.

In short, I think the word gets out, amongst the girls. They usually go in groups. You can see them in the airport....especially in Japan. This thread is about Thailand...but it sure is not newsy.

There are so many karaoke places on the street near my home, I am wondering if they are doing the same thing? I never venture to go into one, but I see the girls always sitting in front of the shops.

Only one way to find out my friend??giggle.gifgiggle.gif

All in the name of investigative journalism ofcourse!!

Perhaps he isnt in to having sex with girls under 18 ???????

• Like 1

Why are they all looking to the guy in yellows crotch area?

I thought he would have a boner being given money....not having it took away.

But hold on, who is he, they surely not taking his money, as the owners fled the scene.coffee1.gif

The owner did the decent thing - fled the scene leaving plenty of money for the police to count, AND saved them the paperwork of investigating....

after all they were only Lao women being exploited...not important people

Edited by bangon04

Pity about the defamation laws. That picture is simply begging for a competition to find the best caption!

One for me, one for you one for me...look over there!...one for me, one for you, one for me...Look! A Lambourginhi!..one for me, one for me, one for you...

Are the women only saying they were forced because they only got 200 baht out of 1000. I thought being held captive and forced would mean just that? Not a paid disgruntled employee?

What a ridiculous comment, no doubt from someone who frequents such places and is trying to justify their deviant past time.

Why would these girls work in such circumstances when they could work in one of the thousands of beer bars, getting paid both by the bar and by the client 100%? They could also simply freelance in clubs etc.

In Thailand there is no need to share your spoils as far as prostitution is concerned and if a girl is she is being coerced. Sadly the fact they are underage wouldn`t prohibit any of what i just said.

So the anti-human trafficking police did the bust, but the regular police obviously let the owners get away.

On the payroll by any chance?..... Places like this never escapes the notice of the regular police and everyone knows it.

The Royal Thai Police are probably responsible for almost every sufferance Thailand is going through.

It is about time there was an almighty clear out.

Quite, but there is a big problem in doing this. You see to become a successful(high ranking) officer you must have a lot of money and to get a lot of money one has to do illegal activities. Basically, someone would have to come along and fire 90% of the force. there is only one person with anywhere near this kind of power and he doesn't get involved anymore.

How does one get by in this country without being corrupt? If you are single and basically a tourist or retired, fair enough but when having family, dealing with schools for kids and business/work it is different. I am corrupt but would rather not be in a perfect world but when a RTP Commander - head police officer of 11 provinces offers you protection, it's extremely hard(if you have no real power) to refuse. these people don't like being refused and are dangerous. Wouldn't everybody prefer to live with some kind of protection rather than looking their shoulder every day. Wouldn't one want to know that if they have a car accident, for example, that one phone call will stop them getting screwed by the other guy who has protection. My Father in law was drunk and hit by a pickup truck where his brother as killed. He was charged and put in jail - do I just leave him there? I had a car accident, being hit by a guy on the wrong side of the road head on. they were pinning all the blame on me until I made a phone call. Would you claim to be not corrupt and let the corrupt ones walk all over you as they see you as powerless? Getting one of my kids into a good school because of "boon khun" - is it wrong? it IS Thai culture - repaying a favour. Is it fair? -no but that is why everyone or nearly everyone uses their 'friends' to get on the world.

As long as you have people who even attempt to justify their illegal activities by the immature resoning ''eveyone else does it'' it becomes readily apparent why Thailand finds herself in the position she holds in education of kindergarden students to doctors, human trafficing, health care, etc. Corruption involved in virtually every aspect of daily living is tolerated, justified, overlooked or blantly ignored and they wonder why/how the wealthy theives/public servents keep stealing from them. This attitude is reflected in the work force, management, (public and private) politicans and those they hire. T^here are examples uf remedial actions that have been taken by cities, states and governments around the world to combat and rectify the same ills that Thailand has, the defference being the other citizens knew when enough is enough and demanded the changes needed take place.

The general consensus in the west with the media, feminazis and ignorant buffoons is this doesn't exist. Only tourists from western countries go with prostitutes in their eyes. They never even consider the domestic market never mind talk about it.

I remember reading a few years ago that the estimate from the UN was around 450,000 Thai men use a prostitute every day in Thailand.

Are the women only saying they were forced because they only got 200 baht out of 1000. I thought being held captive and forced would mean just that? Not a paid disgruntled employee?

What a ridiculous comment, no doubt from someone who frequents such places and is trying to justify their deviant past time.

Why would these girls work in such circumstances when they could work in one of the thousands of beer bars, getting paid both by the bar and by the client 100%? They could also simply freelance in clubs etc.

In Thailand there is no need to share your spoils as far as prostitution is concerned and if a girl is she is being coerced. Sadly the fact they are underage wouldn`t prohibit any of what i just said.

Whats sad is that you don't understand english. I did not make a comment. I simply asked a question based on what was in the article. Which by the way says they were recruited by an agent to work at a karaoke bar. Now as to your comment about frequenting karaoke bars, you are dead wrong. I have only been to 1 in my life. Perhaps you were making a failed attempt to get a rise out of me?

So naturally the Thai police will bust the "Thai dealer" and his big men. We will soon read about that bust.

Turns out two migrant workers from myanmar went rouge and built this karaoke shop and held the girls captive using a garden hoe. Local pancake man confirms. Oh, they confessed too.

The general consensus in the west with the media, feminazis and ignorant buffoons is this doesn't exist. Only tourists from western countries go with prostitutes in their eyes. They never even consider the domestic market never mind talk about it.

I remember reading a few years ago that the estimate from the UN was around 450,000 Thai men use a prostitute every day in Thailand.

Let's all point fingers at the one who uses prostitutes the most.. so that nobody will look at me.. :D