Shots fired as car fails to stop at Pattaya Police Checkpoint

webfact

Shots fired as car fails to stop at Pattaya Police Checkpoint

gun-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Wednesday, a number of Pattaya Police Officers and Police Volunteers were injured during a car chase after the vehicle failed to stop at a Checkpoint in Jomtien.

The checkpoint was situated on Jomtien Second Road and the incident began when a White Honda Jazz sped through the checkpoint, prompting officers to give chase. The vehicle double-backed towards Pattaya onto Third Road and on the way contact was made with Police trucks and motorbikes, resulting in minor injuries sustained to a number of Police Officers and Police Volunteers.

Eventually the chase came to an end on Pattaya Second Road in front of Central Festival Pattaya Beach, where Police were forced to open fire on the vehicle to ensure the car could travel no further.

Police arrested the driver, Khun Sutee aged 31, who was described as heavily intoxicated and not willing to offer a reason why he failed to stop at the checkpoint. In the boot of the car a pistol was found which was later found to be a BB gun, and a Police check confirmed the driver had no arrest warrants in his name.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/153688/shots-fired-as-car-fails-to-stop-at-pattaya-police-checkpoint/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-06

No shots should have been fired. They had the license plate and could have picked this guy up for his traffic violations (his only crime) the next day.

Where would the fun in that be??

I bet the RTP were really hoping someone would run a checkpoint just so they could get some good old cowboy action going...

No shots should have been fired. They had the license plate and could have picked this guy up for his traffic violations (his only crime) the next day.

Wrong.

He was drunk driving. The purpose of police check points is to remove drunk drivers from the roadways so they cannot harm other people.

Had you read the article, you would have seen that the driver not only refused to stop at the checkpoint but then also refused multiple attempts to pull over and even hit police vehicles, at which point his vehicle became a weapon. The RTP, as well as any police organization in the world would have been within their rights to fire upon this vehicle after the driver took these actions.

The driver is quite lucky to be alive.

Traffic violation was NOT his only crime, he committed attempted murder of police officers with a deadly weapon (his vehicle) resulting in injury to those officers and others. In many other countries including America the officers would have done anything to stop him before he killed someone, including shooting him dead.

Sorry, Bob, I should have read your post first ;-)

'... the driver ... was described as heavily intoxicated and not willing to offer a reason why he failed to stop at the checkpoint.' Because he was p - - - - d, presumably. Now, will the law do the general public the service of convicting and putting him away for a sufficiently long enough period to show the seriousness with which it views drunken driving? Or not?

Just a warning if your planning on drinking and driving over the holiday, there has been road blocks in Jomtien every night recently, right across the road stopping bikes and cars, biggest one has been opposite the courts which I am guessing this one was

Where else they do road blocks? I'm often out during the night, but didn't see any road blocks.

Traffic violation was NOT his only crime, he committed attempted murder of police officers with a deadly weapon (his vehicle) resulting in injury to those officers and others. In many other countries including America the officers would have done anything to stop him before he killed someone, including shooting him dead.

In Amerika,

first they shot you death,

after they ask you, why didn't you stop at checkpoint ?

It said that they found a gun in the boot of the car, that later turned out to be a BB gun. If that is the gun the Cop is holding at the boot of the car, I don't think it's a BB gun as it has a revolving chamber?

Well spotted mate, I have never seen a revolver BB gun I don't believe there is such a thing.

'... the driver ... was described as heavily intoxicated and not willing to offer a reason why he failed to stop at the checkpoint.' Because he was p - - - - d, presumably. Now, will the law do the general public the service of convicting and putting him away for a sufficiently long enough period to show the seriousness with which it views drunken driving? Or not?

Lets hope so

It said that they found a gun in the boot of the car, that later turned out to be a BB gun. If that is the gun the Cop is holding at the boot of the car, I don't think it's a BB gun as it has a revolving chamber?

Well spotted mate, I have never seen a revolver BB gun I don't believe there is such a thing.

Just so happens ...

danwesson04a.jpg

Source

Google Images

how did the police know the reason for the fail to stop,it could have been a serious offence, a kidnapped person in the vehicle, the occupant/s maybe having committed a robbery etc. etc.

what would have happened in the land of guns where everyoneis allowed to carry a gun i wonder

Ofcourse you are referring to the Judicial System now.

And there would now be multiple offenses.

You must be an old timer. There are replica BB/pellet pistols today that have a similar heft as a regular pistol and even have a removable cylinder. The dumb thing about them is the guy you pull it on might think its a real pistol and then remove his own real pistol with real bullets and then you lose.

In Amerika,

Certainly you are not so mentally challenged to believe this?

Can you provide supporting evidence please?

In Amerika,

Certainly you are not so mentally challenged to believe this?

Can you provide supporting evidence please?

Just google this 'hostage killed after robbery'