Is it possible to get a Non O + 1 year extension based on wife's income?

would I be able to get a Non O + 1 year extension based on her income ie she supports me?

For some reason they closed that door a few years ago. sad.png

Immigration consider it appropriate that the husband is seen to be supporting himself while in Thailand.

Surprising that the same requirement is not applied to foreign wives with Thai husbands.

• Like 1

As said, she can put 400,000 in your bank account.

As said on TV, Immigration are within their rights to ask for proof the funds on your account were transferred from abroad (free funds' transfer form from your bank). You are not allowed to receive any income/funds within Thailand on a Non O extended for family reasons (ie Thai spouse).

As said on TV, Immigration are within their rights to ask for proof the funds on your account were transferred from abroad (free funds' transfer form from your bank). You are not allowed to receive any income/funds within Thailand on a Non O extended for family reasons (ie Thai spouse).

There is no requirement that the funds come from abroad.

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage and show tax payments to prove the 40k income.

• Like 1

as the op says he is not married he will need 800000 thb in the bank account

He wrote his fiancee is opening a business. He was asking in future tense about the extension based about marriage.

He mentioned nothing about being 50 for over so why the mention of 800k baht.

as the op says he is not married he will need 800000 thb in the bank account

"Is it possible to get a Non O + 1 year extension based on wife's income?" <--- says in the topic.

Leave the details to those who are very informed about Visas.

Your wife's income cannot be used to meet the 40k requirement to get an extension of stay based upon marriage. If she was to save 400k baht and put it in an account in your name only you could use that.

doesn't it say the funds must come from abroad ??

And that would also only be possible once you are married. There is no visa for unmarried couples.

work hard, and in 9 months you are a father,

and you can get your dependant discount to 400.000,- as father of a Thai child;

That you can even keep, if your wife dissapears;

Your wife's income cannot be used to meet the 40k requirement to get an extension of stay based upon marriage. If she was to save 400k baht and put it in an account in your name only you could use that.

doesn't it say the funds must come from abroad ??

No

From 2.18 of immigration order 327/2557.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Couldn't the Thai woman employ the farang man in her e-commerce business and get him a work permit?

That would be possible if it is a registered business or company.
In that case as a foreigner I guess their would be a minimum salary?

Sorry to hijack, but can someone please help and advise if for retirement extension the seasoned funds can be in a "Current Account" ?

A current (checking) account will not be accepted. Only a savings or standard fixed deposit account will be accepted.

After the title, OP precised "my fiance" not "my wife" so it should be 800,000 !

Where did he write that he was 50 or over? The 800k number is for retirement.
F#%k…some people need to read up.

Ubon Joe (The Master for friendly and accurate advice); income from abroad (in my case, passive income) must be verified by my nations consulate/embassy ONLY, when using for "proof of funds" to apply for the Non O - Extension of Stay based on marriage. Is this correct?

Edited by Blackfox

After the title, OP precised "my fiance" not "my wife" so it should be 800,000 !

F#%k…some people need to read up.

Ubon Joe (The Master for friendly and accurate advice); income from abroad (in my case, passive income) must be verified by my nations consulate/embassy ONLY, when using for "proof of funds" to apply for the Non O - Extension of Stay based on marriage. Is this correct?

For an extension of stay based upon retirement only income from abroad is acceptable.

For one based upon marriage you can work here and use tax receipts for the proof of 40K baht income.

For either one there is no requirement to prove the money in the bank came from abroad.

You'r absolutely right, sorry, even thought I know it I don't know why unconsciouly I thought of retirement, sorry again ubonjoe don't know why I tangled upfacepalm.gif

i think the op.needs to read up on having no funds and trying to live here.

ITS NOT POSSIBLE.

That's not correct. I know of 2 farangs that have no money and are 100% supported by their Thai wives.

b.s.how do they get their extensions.