Kanchanaburi: Woman's body found in river

webfact

"Provincial police chief Maj-General Kamolsanti Klanbut said the victim was probably a regular at night spots and could have been a pole dancer based on her navel ring." Did the ring have 'I am a pole dancer' stamped on it?

"He said the 80-by-30-centimetre bag was dumped in the river around three years ago. " From what I know about body decomposition I am thinking 3 days before all the little water critters make the body hard to recognize.

The statements that come from the police are often mindboggling!

How would the little water critters get inside the plastic bag?

Don't some "little water critters" have sharp teeth?

Many, many people have body piercing, but to automatically equate a navel ring with a pole dancer is ridiculous. By all means mention the ring but don't make speculations as to the deceased's profession.

Why not when doing so might help someone to recall that time period or the woman it might be.

Oh, unless, you are passing judgement on the profession of dancer, would you be offended if the deceased was thought to possibly be an office worker?

In the US, a police statement would most certainly include: "The subject might have worked as a nightclub worker or exotic dancer. Anyone that might have knowledge about this person is encouraged to contact the Police."

I swear, the level of hatred towards the RTP by the TV community is absolutely amazing.

possibly somehow justified???

Based on their own experience?...that would be very, very doubtful. Based on pure TV sheep-mindeness and unfounded let's-all-jump-on-the-bandwagon speculation, very likely.

Many, many people have body piercing, but to automatically equate a navel ring with a pole dancer is ridiculous. By all means mention the ring but don't make speculations as to the deceased's profession.

Why not when doing so might help someone to recall that time period or the woman it might be.

Oh, unless, you are passing judgement on the profession of dancer, would you be offended if the deceased was thought to possibly be an office worker?

In the US, a police statement would most certainly include: "The subject might have worked as a nightclub worker or exotic dancer. Anyone that might have knowledge about this person is encouraged to contact the Police."

I swear, the level of hatred towards the RTP by the TV community is absolutely amazing.

I would be offended if it were my sister/daughter, who was on her way home from a job at say a 7/11 and a copper implied she may have been a pole dancer, yes.

Do you mean that somehow a 7/11 worker is always a better person than a dancer?

look close at the bag, there seems to be something else in side the bag besides a body

see the white and red line close to the bottom of the bag

looks like a box of some kind

Well done Sherlock, another translation error, should be 'suitcase' and not bag. Looks like from the press photo that they wrapped a sheet around the suitcase to help get it out of the water.

post-62796-0-28426500-1415348386_thumb.j

Not just any old suitcase thou, looks expensive. Surprised that Mr. Klanbut didn't mention that it must belong to a hi-so or farang.

I won't speculate, I'll leave it to forensics and DNA. But has anyone checked the luggage labels whistling.gif

RIP

Edited by Boycie

Any truth in the rumour that the RTP are going to be disbanded and all future crime investigations will be passed to Thai Visa members?

When i read some of the Nation's news stories, it leaves me with more questions, so i can see why Thai Visa members start their own investigations.

I just read the same news story from another company, sorry forum rules can't post a link, and their translation of the story is a lot better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pole dancer based on a navel ring.

Have been there for about three years.

Badly decomposed but they sent a photo to someone to identify her.

Have been rotting for years but they know she had fair skin.

What else?

What happened to David and Hannah?

look close at the bag, there seems to be something else in side the bag besides a body

see the white and red line close to the bottom of the bag

looks like a box of some kind

Well done Sherlock, another translation error, should be 'suitcase' and not bag. Looks like from the press photo that they wrapped a sheet around the suitcase to help get it out of the water.

attachicon.gifBody found in a suitcase.jpg

Not just any old suitcase thou, looks expensive. Surprised that Mr. Klanbut didn't mention that it must belong to a hi-so or farang.

I won't speculate, I'll leave it to forensics and DNA. But has anyone checked the luggage labels whistling.gif

RIP

"But has anyone checked the luggage labels?"

'Ello, ello then, Inspector Plod 'ere.

That luggage wot you see in that photograph is a brand named POLOGY, an adjustable suitcase perfect for any body and every body.

post-9891-0-05719900-1416212117_thumb.jppost-9891-0-66212200-1416212122.jpg

T V at its worst, i read all the postd so far and apart from toady not 1 of you said poor girl,rest in piece,,

making jokes about it,,

you are very very sad people,

may the girl rest in piece, on one should be dumped into a bag and trown into the river,,,

unbelievable,,, this is whats coming to thailand now,,,,

• Like 2

RIP poor thing.

Pretty sure the police are onto this one. They know she is a pole dancer as one of the BIB remembered the naval ring being the same as the one he gave his missing pole dancing gf. She went missing 3 years ago after they had an argument.

Over on csi la fb page there is a story about a lady who worked in soi nana being found dead in the river in kanchanaburi earlier this month. There's CCTV of her and a Caucasian person of interest in nana plaza just before departing to kanchanaburi. Is it the same story?

Edited by guru

There's all sorts of things we don't and never will know about Thai culture. There was probably some kind of marking on the jewelry that implied membership in one of the nightlife subcultures. Sometimes the reporting is at fault too, as they only have so many lines to work with.

• Like 1

possibly somehow justified???
Crazy Chef,

I am a big fan of your posts; however, I would disagree that the level of hatred is justified. This thread is a perfect example--its just full of bashers.

I have never had issues with the RTP personally but then I don't break laws and I don't do drugs. I suppose if I was the type to drive drunk I might feel differently--those types of guys like to blame everyone but themselves.

Cheers

1st of all...this is a sad, very sad, story and the loss of any innocent life is to be treated with utter contempt towards any murderer.

You wrote about the hate towards the RTP but as Crazy Chef wrote they are a disgrace. Correct.

One does not have to deal/use drugs or be a drunkdriver to really understand the mentality of the RTP.

Out of personal experiences i have seen the mentality of the BIB on a small scale. They act on a shameless manner and the stories in the newspapers do not surprise me at all.

To understand small...one understands big. Face, status and money.....top to bottom. Be happy, and smart enough, that you never had to deal with the BIB yourself.

• Like 1

>Provincial police chief Maj-General Kamolsanti Klanbut said the victim was probably a regular at night spots and could have been a pole dancer based on her navel ring.<quote>

Where do they find those idiots??cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

at every junction and every 1km on any main road

I find it amazing that there are apologists that praise The BIB. They are an absolute disgrace of an organisation. Of course every now and then they might do something right, but in the end it is to selfserve and collect.

He probably said just that! Everything that is reported here is transliterated.Therefore we need to remember that many things are lost in translation. 99% of people on this forum forget that and are ready to attack from the off! Most westerners also assume that our ways are superior to everyone else. This imperialistic mindset is rife..

Thats it. No need to read History to understand Imperialism--its here in contemporary society.

Makes one appreciate Graham Greene novels all the more.

Cheers

Ahhh... Graham Green... Priceless! History? Most of them would have to learn to read first.

• Like 1

@Clutchclark.......so you put it down on the system and not on the people who are part of the system ?

I have to be honest, i read your pre edited post and felt disgust. I have learned to...not always though...wait before writing a post out of...lets say....emotion. After i read your edited post. I started to think about it without knowing ofcourse if it is true what you stated on the part of your edit.

For the sake of it to be true......which is certainly possible.....it explains alot more about Thai (judicial)society.....which is shocking IMO. It however confirms on a way my thoughts about SELF(IMPORTANCE)and the lack of any, western?? moral compass in society and in its lawenforcementsystem.

The part of paying it forward, using intimidation and fear where known to me....experienced it partly myself, the latter ofcourse.

Again...if it is all true what you wrote....social harmony.......it shows the differences and explains the various, in our eyes, strange way of dealings in cases where the BIB is involved in, to be read on this forum. It also shows that there is only 1 motivation of society.......money money with the sole aim to better oneself, as being part of the system. They may put it down on social harmony but its only about SELF.

In my eyes, the way how i am and think regarding justice....as me being a westerner...its far, very far, away from what i perceive as right. A system without a moral compass is a failed system.

Thanks though for your info.

• Like 1

@Clutchclark.......so you put it down on the system and not on the people who are part of the system ?

I have to be honest, i read your pre edited post and felt disgust. I have learned to...not always though...wait before writing a post out of...lets say....emotion. After i read your edited post. I started to think about it without knowing ofcourse if it is true what you stated on the part of your edit.

For the sake of it to be true......which is certainly possible.....it explains alot more about Thai (judicial)society.....which is shocking IMO. It however confirms on a way my thoughts about SELF(IMPORTANCE)and the lack of any, western?? moral compass in society and in its lawenforcementsystem.

The part of paying it forward, using intimidation and fear where known to me....experienced it partly myself, the latter ofcourse.

Again...if it is all true what you wrote....social harmony.......it shows the differences and explains the various, in our eyes, strange way of dealings in cases where the BIB is involved in, to be read on this forum. It also shows that there is only 1 motivation of society.......money money with the sole aim to better oneself, as being part of the system. They may put it down on social harmony but its only about SELF.

In my eyes, the way how i am and think regarding justice....as me being a westerner...its far, very far, away from what i perceive as right. A system without a moral compass is a failed system.

The moral compass here doesn't point to the west, it points to one's self. The same direction it points in the west.

The moral compass here doesn't point to the west, it points to one's self. The same direction it points in the west.

Wrong....society or no society..

• 2 months later...