Jomtien Beach Road goes one-way Nov. 12 - for a month

Rimmer

Jomtien Beach Road goes one-way Nov. 12 - for a month

n5one1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Jomtien Beach Road will become a one-way street starting Nov. 12 in a one-month test to determine if it could permanently improve traffic flow.

First proposed Aug. 26, the one-way plan was announced in early October in a private meeting between Banglamung District Chief Sakchai Taengho and local officials, police and businesses.

The one-way flow will run from the Hanuman Statue curve to Soi Chaiyapruek, a distance of two kilometers.

Traffic will flow south toward Sattahip and loop at Chaiyapruek Road. Northbound traffic will run along Jomtien Second Road. There will be only three wide and five minor sois providing connections between Beach and Second roads.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/jomtien-beach-road-goes-one-way-nov-12-for-a-month-42560#sthash.nBE48tqv.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-11-07 footer_n.gif

Maybe the flow would have been better the other way around? then there would be no need for the traffic lights at the Hanuman Statue

I agree the other way round would seem better to me eg at Hunaman southbound traffic would go straight thru and not have to wait for a limited rt turn light.

Even then some vehicles coming from the beach want to go south so will still need traffic lights at Hanuman.

Maybe the flow would have been better the other way around? then there would be no need for the traffic lights at the Hanuman Statue

I agree the other way round would seem better to me eg at Hunaman southbound traffic would go straight thru and not have to wait for a limited rt turn light.

Even then some vehicles coming from the beach want to go south so will still need traffic lights at Hanuman.

Flow northwards along Beach Rd would have been easier for Bahtbus users also, especially those who arent used to them. Any bus travelling up Beach Rd could be assumed to be going to Pattaya, and any bus coming from Pattaya would eventually end up on Beach Rd (even if from the far end).

With the flow southwards down Beach Rd it wont be clear whether buses are actually going to Pattaya or not.

Hanuman statue to Soi Chaiyapreuk is about 4 and a half kilometres.

3.3 km according to Google Maps

I wonder, as Jomtien second road is a dual carriageway, which side of the carriageway will people drive on.

Why wonder? In Thailand people drive on the left. No problem here.

Hanuman statue to Soi Chaiyapreuk is about 4 and a half kilometres.I wonder,as Jomtien second road is a dual carriageway,which side of the carriageway will people drive on.

Both sides, as they do now. I see no reason why 2nd Road should become one-way. In fact I see a lot of reasons why it shouldn't.

I remember putting this up on Aprils Fools day. Life is strange

I remember April 2009, it was no joke, beach road oneway, but then there was no Jomtien Second Road... sad.png

The joke was there were barriers with no entry signs at intervals down JBR, as I understand it, the locals logic was the only time you had to obey the road signs were if there was a cop there. whistling.gif

From that link "so it doesn't affect tourism during high season"

Was not the whole point to help traffic flow during high season? if not what is the point in changing the system in the first place? some Thai logic at work here.

Also the official went on to say they need "to construct an underground road" !!!!!! well that will be done before January of course lol, when they can't even fill in the huge pot holes everywhere

Edited by bartender100