Koh Tao suspects to be indicted by end of month

Lite Beer

No defamation in stating you don't believe someone.

He talks about the pictures of the wounds.

A lot of people on this and other threads have stated they don't believe the son of a certain poo Yai and you accused them of deformation.

Nope, but don't let the language get in your way.

Saying someone is guilty after being cleared by the police is defamation. Saying you don't believe him isn't.

Common examples of what may be considered defamatory are allegations that suggest a person is:

• Immoral
  • Dishonest
  • Corrupt
  • Insolvent or in serious financial difficulties
  • Incompetent
  • Guilty of a criminal offence
  • The producer of shoddy goods

http://www.carter-ruck.com/Media%20Law/Questions_And_Answers.asp

So are we all agreeing that another weapon was used on David?

There has been much discussion of the murder weapon on these threads, which I have joined in with. I've probably written 40 paragraphs on that topic. That's not to say all I've opined is gospel, but there are some aspects of the wounds which indicate the police are off base - judging from what the cops have announced thus far. Police seemed to start out their investigation ok, by claiming the hoe had none of David's blood on it. Besides Hannah's blood, the hoe seems to have revealed nothing else of value; no fingerprints, no other peoples' DNA (it's probably indicative of sloppy forensics). However, it's revealing what the hoe discounts: Although it's very unlikely the hoe was used to wound David, the hoe was used (a hoe-like device) in the reenactment of the crime on the beach. Another reason the hoe was v. unlikely used on David (despite Thai investigators saying it was): the wounds on David don't correspond to the hoe being the weapon. A hoe has two basic faces if used as a weapon: its blade and its back/blunt end. The blunt end is much better at smashing things (like big dirt clods or a skull). The blade on an old dirty hoe like that is dull (I've dealt with dozens of hoes in Thailand, over the years, no pun intended). Even the sharp end of a hoe would not cause the same-sized clean knife wounds as shown on David.

The most likely weapon used on David was a small punch blade - held in a fist. Most of David's wounds were on the right side of his neck. If he was facing the attacker, the attacker would have had to have been left-handed. Nomsod is apparently left-handed (according to people who know him personally). Not sure about his uncle, Mon, who should also still be a suspect. Who would own a punch-blade type weapon like that? There's a photo of Sean (same day or days before the crime?) in a Ko Tao shop which appears to show him wearing one in a little black pouch. That's the type of photo that gets revealed online, rather than by police work, so JDinasia would dismiss that photo as 'conspiracy theory' and therefore zero value in this case. There's is more on this topic, but I'm tired of typing.

It makes no difference. The RTP are hell bent on indicting the B2. Truth and facts are cast aside when convenient. The B2 will be convicted. It has already been decided. I hope to eat my words but I wouldn't bet a satang on it.

• Like 1

It seems what happened to david and hannah and nick and the two raped Canadian girls and the raped thai girl on kt are just the tip of the iceburg. These violent attacks may have been going on for years, only now it has escalated to violent murder. Which has now put kt in the public eye. Rtp should ask themselves how long before life goes back to these antics on kt? How many more will have to die?

• Like 2

It seems what happened to david and hannah and nick and the two raped Canadian girls and the raped thai girl on kt are just the tip of the iceburg. These violent attacks may have been going on for years, only now it has escalated to violent murder. Which has now put kt in the public eye. Rtp should ask themselves how long before life goes back to these antics on kt? How many more will have to die?

Agreed, the more they got away with it, the more confidence they gathered to carry it on. Untouchables. Police paid off, family or friends of victims laughed at. The evil underbelly of Koh Tao.

• Like 2

What you need to realise is that they don't care what happens to farangs. We count for nothing.

What you need to realise is that they don't care what happens to farangs. We count for nothing.

If I felt that way there would be nothing that could keep me in Thailand.

Rule 1 about being a farang in Thailand: "Always make sure you're worth more alive than dead."

• Like 1

There has been much discussion of the murder weapon on these threads, which I have joined in with. I've probably written 40 paragraphs on that topic. That's not to say all I've opined is gospel, but there are some aspects of the wounds which indicate the police are off base - judging from what the cops have announced thus far. Police seemed to start out their investigation ok, by claiming the hoe had none of David's blood on it. Besides Hannah's blood, the hoe seems to have revealed nothing else of value; no fingerprints, no other peoples' DNA (it's probably indicative of sloppy forensics). However, it's revealing what the hoe discounts: Although it's very unlikely the hoe was used to wound David, the hoe was used (a hoe-like device) in the reenactment of the crime on the beach. Another reason the hoe was v. unlikely used on David (despite Thai investigators saying it was): the wounds on David don't correspond to the hoe being the weapon. A hoe has two basic faces if used as a weapon: its blade and its back/blunt end. The blunt end is much better at smashing things (like big dirt clods or a skull). The blade on an old dirty hoe like that is dull (I've dealt with dozens of hoes in Thailand, over the years, no pun intended). Even the sharp end of a hoe would not cause the same-sized clean knife wounds as shown on David.

The most likely weapon used on David was a small punch blade - held in a fist. Most of David's wounds were on the right side of his neck. If he was facing the attacker, the attacker would have had to have been left-handed. Nomsod is apparently left-handed (according to people who know him personally). Not sure about his uncle, Mon, who should also still be a suspect. Who would own a punch-blade type weapon like that? There's a photo of Sean (same day or days before the crime?) in a Ko Tao shop which appears to show him wearing one in a little black pouch. That's the type of photo that gets revealed online, rather than by police work, so JDinasia would dismiss that photo as 'conspiracy theory' and therefore zero value in this case. There's is more on this topic, but I'm tired of typing.

I am fairly certain that the pouch that Sean was wearing you refer to was shown to be a lighter not a punch blade. That was shown in one of these threads on TV if you care to look. Edited by Katoom

Rule 1 about being a farang in Thailand: "Always make sure you're worth more alive than dead."

In the eyes of the law. We pay, we get released. As it happens, my relationship with 'common' Thais are positive, but there is always the undercurrent that if I upset them, I could be killed. Really. My partner and her family would protect me, and I'm sure that our close neighbours wouldn't harm us. But the man driving the pick-up that cuts me off - don't be sure if I protest.

It must be pretty obvious to a reasonable person that the 'mishaps' on Koh Tao are long-seated and well before the B2. I struggle to comprehend why the RTP are pursuing the B2 to indictment when it must be clear that there are unanswered questions from way back. It amazes me how arrogant the senior officials in the Rtp are to ignore what is clearly obvious to the general public.

I can't say they've been paid off, that would be defamation, but this whole case stinks, and I'm ashamed and sick of it.

You assume no influence being placed on the RTP. Perhaps the drug trade barons run much higher in society than you imagine and the RTP are under pressure that cannot be resisted. If you follow the media reports of what the RTP officers were variously saying I think it is quite enlightening to see the ebbs and flows of who was suspect and when.

This case runs much deeper and is far more devious than people think IMHO.

• Like 1

It must be pretty obvious to a reasonable person that the 'mishaps' on Koh Tao are long-seated and well before the B2. I struggle to comprehend why the RTP are pursuing the B2 to indictment when it must be clear that there are unanswered questions from way back. It amazes me how arrogant the senior officials in the Rtp are to ignore what is clearly obvious to the general public.

I can't say they've been paid off, that would be defamation, but this whole case stinks, and I'm ashamed and sick of it.

You assume no influence being placed on the RTP. Perhaps the drug trade barons run much higher in society than you imagine and the RTP are under pressure that cannot be resisted. If you follow the media reports of what the RTP officers were variously saying I think it is quite enlightening to see the ebbs and flows of who was suspect and when.

This case runs much deeper and is far more devious than people think IMHO.

Actually, I agree with you, and I am quite aware of the allegedly outside influence. But I am not going to be indicted for defamation. So my post is guarded.

Talking of alternate weapons......... Shark Tooth Ring..........whistling.gif

I refer you back to 17th October

www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769025-koh-tao...his.../page-7

Edited by Willy Eckerslike
  • Like 2

Among other things, the UK authorities stated they were concerned at allegations of corruption. Yes being paid off

Think you already know the answer Stephen. The good Pm and his good Pol Commissioner Somyut have painted themselves into a corner here and cant back down now on perfect/complete.

Why would they? Obviously it could not be because of corruption as these good men stand above and beyond reproach or criticism and rightly so. See the Mikado. We already know the influential families links to at least the Venerable Suthep through the PDRC. You cant criticize this regime for being sympathetic towards those who helped them along the way or for anything else!

The Truth is whatever the good generals say it is. Facts shall be created to fit the desired results. Good citizens do not question the judgements and `truths` of their betters. TIT

Edited by heyexile
  • Like 2

Among other things, the UK authorities stated they were concerned at allegations of corruption. Yes being paid off

Think you already know the answer Stephen. The good Pm and his good Pol Commissioner Somyut have painted themselves into a corner here and cant back down now on perfect/complete.

Why would they? Obviously it could not be because of corruption as these good men stand above and beyond reproach or criticism and rightly so. See the Mikado. We already know the influential families links to at least the Venerable Suthep through the PDRC. You cant criticize this regime for being sympathetic towards those who helped them along the way or for anything else!

The Truth is whatever the good generals say it is. Facts shall be created to fit the desired results. Good citizens do not question the judgements and `truths` of their betters. TIT

Quote from Prayut when asked about the murders by Time Magazine 'If their DNA does not match, they are not suspects'

Could explain a little about why the lack of any other evidence and the reluctance to even investigate anything other than base all findings on DNA only, which we all know the source cannot be trusted

Never judge a book the the cover it's true, but a certain man with a shark tooth ring is worth investigating

A resident of the island, who reportedly fled after the murders and only recently returned.

At least 3 people took part in those murders, 2 well known people have been widely speculated to be suspects, I think they also have strong links link with shark ring man.

Shark tooth man was also named as an alleged rapist of a Thai Lady on Koh Tao.

That would be a stingray tailbone as I recall, not a shark tooth. It did some nasty damage to the leg of the girl he allegedly raped.

Quote from Prayut when asked about the murders by Time Magazine 'If their DNA does not match, they are not suspects'

Could explain a little about why the lack of any other evidence and the reluctance to even investigate anything other than base all findings on DNA only, which we all know the source cannot be trusted

Yes, good point. Pm obviously believes/believed that he and Pol Comm Gen can created DNA truth will fit the desired result. Powerful men, responsible to no one, do not expect to have their version of `truth` challenged by anyone. Anyhow PM and Somyot announced publicly DNA fits 2 scapegoats.

What date was Time interview? I guess the generals can always fall back on lost samples, accidental contamination, procedural error by Police Division 8 and roll a head if they are somehow forced to. But who/what can sway these virtuous men? Not a disenfranchised electorate, investigative journalism or intimidated academia.

A few people have mentioned 'shark-tooth ring' as a possible weapon. It's plausible, when looking at the identical-looking wounds on David. I was at Kao San road recently and looking at a couple of sidewalk vendors' display of weapons for sale. There are many types of rings which can cause mucho damage. If it was a ring, then the murderer would likely have damage to his leading hand. Did Thai cops closely search the hands of all suspects a.s.a.p. after the crime? Did they search suspects' entire bodies? Of course they searched the Burmese scapegoats, but I mean did they search those who should be prime suspects? I'd bet dollars to donuts the answer is 'NO'.

Even if cops did find wounds or other signs of scuffle on suspects (other than the Burmese), it would be too easy for suspects to say any pap like 'oh, I slipped on a wet floor and hurt myself'. The soggiest excuses will work for the headman's people. I wonder what the reasoning was for Nomsod to not give a sample for DNA? Actually, he didn't even need a reason, he could just say 'no' and the cops would grin and say 'ok, sorry for asking. How's your pop, by the way?'

It makes no difference. The RTP are hell bent on indicting the B2. Truth and facts are cast aside when convenient. The B2 will be convicted. It has already been decided. I hope to eat my words but I wouldn't bet a satang on it.
I think the Burmese will be let off. After that, it will officially devolve to become an unsolved murder, as so many others in Thailand - particularly in the southern isthmus tourist regions. Edited by boomerangutang

Can I just say this I have it on good authority from contacts in Thai Military police after their behind the radar investigation that the case went down this way.

Hannah was getting hassled in the AC bar by bar 'security' (who are connected to the run businesses on the Island). They tried to slip a 'roofie' or some such date rape drug in her drink. She was targeted from the moment she walked in. David intervened and escorted her back to their accommodation where they were followed by at least 4 local Thai known wannabe hard men . They were assaulted in the hostel I.e David was rendered unconscious ( this has also been told to Army by very scared staff) And both taken to the beach where David was left to drown and Hannah brutalised and savagely killed. The culprits went to 'higher authority' and money quickly changed hands locally then to Sura Thani and then Bangkok all before the crime scene was discovered and sealed. The fiasco as you know carried on from there. The 2 Myanmar lads will in all likelihood and I quote ' be found to have committed suicide in detention in the near future'. Too much money passed over to police in high authority for them to retract their story go figure. I was asked to leak to British press to put pressure on Thai justice system and after 4 emails I got no reply. Whether that was thru internet censorship I do not know. The Thai army cannot corroborate their investigation as they will be shut down by police on a higher level. Everyone local on Koh Tao knows the real culprits but are running scared. The solution maybe to but a 10 million baht price tag on their heads because these scum would sell out their own mother for twenty thousand. But that is the way it went as we all know. Bout time the Thai justice system manned up and sorted out these so called mafia hoodlums once and for all. God even the mafia had a code of honour. Well I await the death threats and mysterious accidents which may befall me in this land of ( false) smiles. But enough is enough there are many decent Thai people in this beautiful country but it is time to clean house the hard way and permanently. I hope one of you can at least get this out to some press somewhere as to me it seems the correct version of events. I'm sure the British police were only shown what they needed to. Enough is enough time for change Thailand

• Like 1

Grauwulfs explanation is pretty much sounding close to the mark if not dead on it!! Maybe the timing of the payments(alleged) was not as quick as he mentions as if was that quick then im sure mon and milk wouldnt have even been mentioned by any cop unless he hadnt got his share yet.........did your source say one of the murderers was the son milky but even if not him involved then i think the bar gang of thugs are the ones and motive and everything fits more than the 2 burma chaps,maybe Burma see something or were forced to help at the beach but anyway well done for trying to give the story that the THAI MILITARY POLICE seem to know is what really happened,there more in the know than any of us.

Can I just say this I have it on good authority from contacts in Thai Military police after their behind the radar investigation that the case went down this way.

Hannah was getting hassled in the AC bar by bar 'security' (who are connected to the run businesses on the Island). They tried to slip a 'roofie' or some such date rape drug in her drink. She was targeted from the moment she walked in. David intervened and escorted her back to their accommodation where they were followed by at least 4 local Thai known wannabe hard men . They were assaulted in the hostel I.e David was rendered unconscious ( this has also been told to Army by very scared staff) And both taken to the beach where David was left to drown and Hannah brutalised and savagely killed. The culprits went to 'higher authority' and money quickly changed hands locally then to Sura Thani and then Bangkok all before the crime scene was discovered and sealed. The fiasco as you know carried on from there. The 2 Myanmar lads will in all likelihood and I quote ' be found to have committed suicide in detention in the near future'. Too much money passed over to police in high authority for them to retract their story go figure. I was asked to leak to British press to put pressure on Thai justice system and after 4 emails I got no reply. Whether that was thru internet censorship I do not know. The Thai army cannot corroborate their investigation as they will be shut down by police on a higher level. Everyone local on Koh Tao knows the real culprits but are running scared. The solution maybe to but a 10 million baht price tag on their heads because these scum would sell out their own mother for twenty thousand. But that is the way it went as we all know. Bout time the Thai justice system manned up and sorted out these so called mafia hoodlums once and for all. God even the mafia had a code of honour. Well I await the death threats and mysterious accidents which may befall me in this land of ( false) smiles. But enough is enough there are many decent Thai people in this beautiful country but it is time to clean house the hard way and permanently. I hope one of you can at least get this out to some press somewhere as to me it seems the correct version of events. I'm sure the British police were only shown what they needed to. Enough is enough time for change Thailand

What you report is plausible. However, it shows up the weakness, in most cases, of anonymous reports. Even a single brave witness coming forward openly to report this (if he/she lived to repeat it in court) would not by itself be sufficient to indict without independent evidence. If all the powers on the island are united in preventing those responsible for the crimes being punished, only a determined intervention from outside could provide the security people need to come forward and break the silence. Assuming, as I believe, no proper investigation was done, I suspect the highest levels in Bangkok have, out of ignorance or otherwise, decided against intervening.

Mainstream media will never (for good reason) report allegations made (especially anonymously) without supporting evidence.

It does sound like a possibly plausible scenario. Obviously you should get your story out to certain face book pages, a copy to your embassy, friends and a lawyer.

To take it to the main stream you would have to give up yr anonymity. If any truth in this you would be safer in the light of publicity anyway.

If your army police contacts have asked you to leak this, well you can hardly name them but you could explain how you have such contacts and get them to flesh out some DETAILS like route for cash, bank t/fers anything like that. And you need to at least hint at whose BKK desk the envelope finally landed. Probably best done from outside Thailand with a Mirror reporter at your side. With just a few exact dates, amounts and perhaps a name, you get the story commented on. I would also pass it on with as much detail as poss to Myanmar and the Brit police.

I read the basic scenario of attack at (Sea View?) guest house elsewhere. If you are genuine (not saying you`re not) then anonymity wont protect you, the `state` agencies inc ISOC can easily trace you. Cant really put the cat back in the bag. Your best protection is to get somewhere safer, get some little details and go really big with this. I am concerned that this may not yet have crossed your mind. Again, not doubting, but you may as well go LARGE as you will be safer if you have something.

ONLY YOU can get the story out. Your contacts and you can get some little back-up details. No TVF member can do it for you. edit added.

Edited by heyexile