A refreshing change.

Chainsaw

"lets hope they get the chance to be real policemen and regain some respect for the uniform." - you use of the word "regain" suggests "real policemen" did, at some stage, have "repect for the uniform."

Since when has Thailand ever had "real policemen" who had "respect for the uniform?" biggrin.png

Sure Chainsaw, when you don't throw bad language out at them or flip them the bird, they probably (mistakenly) took you to be an o.k. sort of bloke.

You know me Grumpy, always sweetness and light.

"Flip the bird"? You colonials have such a quaint vocabulary! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

"lets hope they get the chance to be real policemen and regain some respect for the uniform." - you use of the word "regain" suggests "real policemen" did, at some stage, have "repect for the uniform."

Since when has Thailand ever had "real policemen" who had "respect for the uniform?" biggrin.png

What a sad little negative world you've created for yourself.

Really?

Coming from someone who posts, "Faith in humanity restored." :)

Here you are applauding the BiB, and not only the BiB, but the Phuket BiB - one of the most corrupt police services in Thailand, therefore, the world.

If the young policemen tries to break the mould, he will be transferred. You've been here long enough to know that's what awaits him, should he not join the ranks of the corrupt.

Not to mention, he most likely has to collect corrupt payments in order to pay for his uniform, gun, bike, and to be stationed on Phuket.

I think it is laughable that you create a thread stating it's "refreshing" to see police here actually doing traffic duty, their job, while some poor bastard only metres away is getting extorted for a scratch on a jet-ski.

"a refreshing change from my last contact with a TPV" - so, it appears the score is 1 - 1 at half time.

So, it appears, the game of life is in the equalibrium for you, neither negative, or positive. biggrin.png

I'm a postive person. It's my realistic view about living on Phuket that keeps me that way. biggrin.png

Sure Chainsaw, when you don't throw bad language out at them or flip them the bird, they probably (mistakenly) took you to be an o.k. sort of bloke.

"Flip the bird" isnt one of our sayings, Im pretty sure its American.

Really?

Coming from someone who posts, "Faith in humanity restored." smile.png

Here you are applauding the BiB, and not only the BiB, but the Phuket BiB - one of the most corrupt police services in Thailand, therefore, the world.

If the young policemen tries to break the mould, he will be transferred. You've been here long enough to know that's what awaits him, should he not join the ranks of the corrupt.

Not to mention, he most likely has to collect corrupt payments in order to pay for his uniform, gun, bike, and to be stationed on Phuket.

I think it is laughable that you create a thread stating it's "refreshing" to see police here actually doing traffic duty, their job, while some poor bastard only metres away is getting extorted for a scratch on a jet-ski.

"a refreshing change from my last contact with a TPV" - so, it appears the score is 1 - 1 at half time.

So, it appears, the game of life is in the equalibrium for you, neither negative, or positive. biggrin.png

I'm a postive person. It's my realistic view about living on Phuket that keeps me that way. biggrin.png

I rest my case....

"Flip the bird" isnt one of our sayings, Im pretty sure its American.

Yep, us Brits still view America as one of the colonies. wink.png

• Like 2

Really?

Coming from someone who posts, "Faith in humanity restored." smile.png

I rest my case....

You're the one who had the problem with the BiB and TPV and lost faith in humanity - not me.

It's all good on my side of the fence.

Case dismissed. Accused aquitted. cheesy.gif

What a really dreadful thread this has turned into and so fast.

I saw the title "A refreshing change" and looked forward to reading about nice things.

Did someone forget their Bran today?

Edited by laislica
  • Like 2

I saw the title "A refreshing change" and looked forward to reading about nice things.

its the thaivisa effect. maybe should try get that in the urban dictionary

• Like 1

Well lets get back on the topic.

Has anyone else noticed that there are quite a few new young BIB on the island these days?

The ones I've encountered seem to have a much friendlier attitude towards farangs than the old overweight, surly guys who seem to be disappearing from Phuket.

Could it be that the bad eggs are being replaced?

I've also noticed that there are considerably more arrests being made of the gun carrying, drug dealing fraternity these days.

Positive steps for sure.

Edited by Chainsaw
  • Like 1

i personally would like to see young females,lets call them gibs for now .... around the age they finish uni, now i would pull over on a voluntary basis to be interogated .... now that would be a refreshing change ..as for noticing new young bibs same shit different day ....

Has anyone else noticed that there are quite a few new young BIB on the island these days?

The ones I've encountered seem to have a much friendlier attitude towards farangs than the old overweight, surly guys who seem to be disappearing from Phuket.

I've also noticed that there are considerably more arrests being made of the gun carrying, drug dealing fraternity these days.

Positive steps for sure.

I agree Chainsaw, and aside from NamKangnumptie needing to put his brain in neutral and get back to his bar hoes, this thread can be a refreshing change as yes, it seems,they are on the lookout for notorious (see the news section where they rammed the Trang drug and guns guys off the road) and letting some of us taxpaying,minding our own business types, carry on.

Last week I went through police checks near Laem Singh as well as at the bottom of the hill Kamala going toward Patong. They were looking in cars, stopping Thai teenagers with no helmets, GOM barely gets a look. Yes, refreshing.

• Like 2

i personally would like to see young females,lets call them gibs for now .... around the age they finish uni, now i would pull over on a voluntary basis to be interogated .... now that would be a refreshing change ..as for noticing new young bibs same shit different day ....

I expect you would insist on being strip searched too! wink.png

Positive steps for sure.

I agree Chainsaw, and aside from NamKangnumptie needing to put his brain in neutral and get back to his bar hoes, this thread can be a refreshing change as yes, it seems,they are on the lookout for notorious (see the news section where they rammed the Trang drug and guns guys off the road) and letting some of us taxpaying,minding our own business types, carry on.

Last week I went through police checks near Laem Singh as well as at the bottom of the hill Kamala going toward Patong. They were looking in cars, stopping Thai teenagers with no helmets, GOM barely gets a look. Yes, refreshing.

I think it's sad that some members would use such a "refreshing" thread to make a personal attack. biggrin.png

I saw the thread title and thought it may have been about moving from beer to cider. Now that's "refreshing." :)

I saw the thread title and thought it may have been about moving from beer to cider. Now that's "refreshing." smile.png

....as well as Bran over Porridge

Just the usual suspect trying to divert the thread.

It's still about new policemen in Phuket, lets see if anyone else has had any positive experiences with the BIB lately.

We've had the negative opinions about the police droning on and on ad nauseum, lets hear about the good stuff!

Just the usual suspect trying to divert the thread.

It's still about new policemen in Phuket, lets see if anyone else has had any positive experiences with the BIB lately.

We've had the negative opinions about the police droning on and on ad nauseum, lets hear about the good stuff!

I didn't divert the thread. You started the thread, therefore, as the OP, you should accept some questions, and possibly some criticism. No need to take anything personally - it's just the internet.

I'm happy for you that you came across, possibly, the one good apple in a barrel of rotten ones. I hope he can stay clean, although, I doubt it.

Unfortunately, as I post, they will still be collecting tea money, and be involved in bribery, extortion and corruption. As I mentioned, the jet-ski scam continues, unabated.

I hardly think one postive interaction at a traffic stop can be applauded as a cultural change to a more efficient and more honest BiB.

You call me negative, but, thousands of business owners here are still being coerced into making their monthly corrupt payments to the BiB. This is a fact. I have been told this, first hand, by many, and have even witnessed the hand over on one occasion.

Anyway, as you do, I eagerly await positive experiences with the BiB here, perhaps something of a little more substance than a traffic stop would be good, but, whilst the culture of accepting protection money, protecting scams, accepting bribes etc continues, in my opinion, the BiB abuse their office, and are dishonest and corrupt, so, their bad, outweighs their good, by a long way, for me.

I support your request on this thread for recent positive experiences with the BiB, and encourage members to post about them.

Edited by NamKangMan

"Unfortunately, as I post, they will still be collecting tea money, and be involved in bribery, extortion and corruption. As I mentioned, the jet-ski scam continues, unabated.

I hardly think one postive interaction at a traffic stop can be applauded as a cultural change to a more efficient and more honest BiB.

You call me negative, but, thousands of business owners here are still being coerced into making their monthly corrupt payments to the BiB. This is a fact. I have been told this, first hand, by many, and have even witnessed the hand over on one occasion."

Do you know what 'ad nauseum' means? You're right on one point you do 'hardly think'. facepalm.gif

Anyway, now that you've given your support for my request. I'm sure the TV members will be more confident in relating any positive experiences with the BIB. That's what this thread is about - positive experiences.

It would be a refreshing change if you stopped droning on about the negative stuff, you've made your opinion very clear.

Or are you just trolling to sabotage this thread? If so, that's sad.

Edited by Chainsaw
  • Like 1

"Unfortunately, as I post, they will still be collecting tea money, and be involved in bribery, extortion and corruption. As I mentioned, the jet-ski scam continues, unabated.

You call me negative, but, thousands of business owners here are still being coerced into making their monthly corrupt payments to the BiB. This is a fact. I have been told this, first hand, by many, and have even witnessed the hand over on one occasion."

Do you know what 'ad nauseum' means? You're right on one point you do 'hardly think'. facepalm.gif

Anyway, now that you've given your support for my request. I'm sure the TV members will be more confident in relating any positive experiences with the BIB. That's what this thread is about - positive experiences.

It would be a refreshing change if you stopped droning on about the negative stuff, you've made your opinion very clear.

Ahhh, you're the one making it personal. Get over it.

Like you, I eagerly await positive experiences from members, with their interaction with the BiB.

No, I'm not trolling, or looking to sabotage the thread.

A "refreshing change" would be if you shifted your focus from my posts, and concentrated your focus on your own thread. :)

Ahhh, you're the one making it personal. Get over it.

Like you, I eagerly await positive experiences from members, with their interaction with the BiB.

No, I'm not trolling, or looking to sabotage the thread.

A "refreshing change" would be if you shifted your focus from my posts, and concentrated your focus on your own thread. smile.png

OK