Visa agent

Yep, if we know where about in LOS you live that'll help narrow it down.

Anyway, I live in Pattaya and have used Key Visa to do my annual retirement visa + multi re-entry visa for the past 3-4 years and I am 100% satisfied with the service Darren gives me.

There is no retirement visa.

Visas are not done here at immigration unless the they are based upon qualifying for and extension of stay.

You can do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry if you have 15 days remaining on a visa exempt or tourist visa based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

The about 60 days after doing the conversion you can apply for an extension. The 800k baht would need to be in the bank for 60 dayd when you apply.

You can do this yourself there is no need for an agent.

Thanks for the reply. Incase of 65k income, what type of proof they accept. As i get income from my share in a company in my country.

You would need to get an income letter from your embassy to prove your income. It would depend upon their requirements as to what you would need to show to get it.

Thanks for the reply. Incase of 65k income, what type of proof they accept. As i get income from my share in a company in my country.

Best tip I can give you is before you go standing in lines at your embassy go and talk with a visa agent.

Best tip I can give you is before you go standing in lines at your embassy go and talk with a visa agent.

"Best tip I can give you is before you go standing in lines at your embassy go and talk with a visa agent." whistling.gifcheesy.gif

<deleted> if I'm going to stand in line at my embassy or sit waiting with a ticket in my hand at Jomtien when I can pay an agent a couple thousand baht more to do it all for me. While you cheap Charlie clowns are hanging around Thai immigration offices being treated as "Aliens" I'm sitting around the pool with a pooying & an icy-cold beer paying someone else to do it all for me...55555

<deleted> if I'm going to stand in line at my embassy or sit waiting with a ticket in my hand at Jomtien when I can pay an agent a couple thousand baht more to do it all for me. While you cheap Charlie clowns are hanging around Thai immigration offices being treated as "Aliens" I'm sitting around the pool with a pooying & an icy-cold beer paying someone else to do it all for me...55555

Hey, you rock star! Enjoy elite status :)

• Like 1

Guys thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate all the comments. I dont mind paying a few thousand to do it for me. I just would like to know a good agent. I'm in bangkok and i would appreciate if anyone could recommand from their expreience. Thanks once again.

Yep, if we know where about in LOS you live that'll help narrow it down.

Anyway, I live in Pattaya and have used Key Visa to do my annual retirement visa + multi re-entry visa for the past 3-4 years and I am 100% satisfied with the service Darren gives me.

"to do my annual retirement visa + multi re-entry visa "

Actually that would be an extension of stay based on retirement and a re-entry permit. They don't issue any sort of visas in Pattaya and the only thing sometimes referred to as a retirement visa would be a non-immigrant O-A visa issued at an embassy or consulate outside Thailand.

- no everyone need a letter from is Embassy

- for those who need one, not all Embassies require someone to go in their office. You can by example ask and get this letter by mail.

- queue in Jomtien for Retirement extension is nearly none; your beer probably would still not be warm wink.png

BTW I never been called "Alien" at Immigration...??

Be aware that if you are American, you may need proof of income to show the immigration officer in addition to the affidavit of income that you have notarized at the embassy. I have shown 3-4 months of recent (American) bank statements showing my social security and pension payments being deposited into my account each month.

Be aware that if you are American, you may need proof of income to show the immigration officer in addition to the affidavit of income that you have notarized at the embassy. I have shown 3-4 months of recent (American) bank statements showing my social security and pension payments being deposited into my account each month.

And if you're a Brit you'll need to provide such proof to the Embassy before they'll issue you with a letter in any event.

And if you're a Brit you'll need to provide such proof to the Embassy before they'll issue you with a letter in any event.

And if you are an Aussie, you don't need to prove what income you get. You fill out a Stat Dec with the amount you receive per month, show your passport and sign the Stat dec in front of the lady, they stamp it. Pay B560 and the stat dec is good for 6 months.

I am a dual Canadian/US citizen. I entered on my US passport. I have never gone to the consulate to get a declaration of income. I update my Thai bank books and photocopy them. On one occasion I also got a letter from Bangkok Bank attesting to the veracity of the photocopies. On another occasion I did not get the letter. I have never had a problem.

I am a dual Canadian/US citizen. I entered on my US passport. I have never gone to the consulate to get a declaration of income. I update my Thai bank books and photocopy them. On one occasion I also got a letter from Bangkok Bank attesting to the veracity of the photocopies. On another occasion I did not get the letter. I have never had a problem.

That is because you use the 800,000 Bt in bank method. Other people, not having or not willing to do that, must certify their income with the affidavit.

• Like 1

That is because you use the 800,000 Bt in bank method. Other people, not having or not willing to do that, must certify their income with the affidavit.

But that doesn't explain how Seligne2 apparently was able to get an extension without a letter from the bank. I have never heard of any Immigration office not requiring the bank letter.

Seligne2: Where you applying for a retirement extension, and at what Immigration office did you get your extension?

Sophon