Poll: Most Thais support NCPO

Lite Beer

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

PROFILES--conceited ??? because they put their age nationality gender ???. to say that is ridiculous.

The Pm has no influence if you do not have any guilt.

At the time Mrs Thatchers lot were grounded and a clean up was needed I would have said if no other way was possible, Intervention SURE.

Your last sentence explains to me your in full denial of facts---lousy governance caused this problem --elections could never be held until Thailand made progress into the clean up.

Overthrowing an elected BUT undemocratic governing is correct no matter what country you come from. IN Thailands case elections could never solve this BS. If you think otherwise you have a problem Mr, Pratt.--(you chose the name not me)

I meant life stories not the basic facts

So you would have supported a Military intervention by Thatcher ?, Jesus Christ. What are your thoughts about Pol Pot , Mao, Noriega, Batista, Pinochet, Mussolini ect . Their countries were in mess as well at time of Coup d'etat , I'm sure that people in those countries as well though it was necessary but then "Heavens" look what it evolved into

freedom of expression and speech is a very basic right in a democratic society , suppressing that is one of the first things all fascist and communist regimes do , why ? because it is the first act of suppressing the masses. "if we do not learn from our mistakes we are doomed to repeat them"

Your last Quoted sentence, speaks volumes---SHINS PTP.

What Thai organisation has been the common denominator since 1930' that has been repeating the same mistakes 19 times now?

Here's a hint for you Ginjag ....it's got nothing to do with the Shins!!!

Please take note Mr. denial---I was answering re his last sentence--------nothing more---twisting it again. Bouncing back with a non propaganda remark--- JOKE.

Joke is that you put more twists into a post than a Vienesse whirl ? and it's what makes it so ironic!!

Now you will see I have completely been dodging your issues about all the good things the Junta have done too??

I'm taking a leaf out your own denial play book as in another topic a poster asked you to state the 6 significant things that the Junta have done in 5 months and you didn't respond to him ?

Now of course they done some good, but good news is never good enough to debate about.

But you cannot escape the fact that the handling if the Koh Tao murders has been abysmal, but yet the PM has made a few gaffes there, he lost a few Farang supporters over this if you've been following it?

You see you accuse me of being in denial that your every bit as guilty as I've mentioned the main issues for me personally that the General/PM has lost his way.

I dont believe in the comments about controlling he media either or dissent, were you never taught as a youngster that sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never harm you?

So what if people are critical of the PM it's just a voice, it's not like the silent minority (seeing as 93% all support the junta) are attempting to overthrow him with a coup is it?

I do think he needs time, but he was the one who promised not to stay any longer than needed, now 5 months later, it's looking like there will be no elections for a couple of years, well there goes one broken promise is it not?

So what I can see from my little homestead is that all the talk of reformation during the protest were just hyperbole as there wasn't a plan for the PDRC to work from, and now we see committees and sub committed and think tanks coming up left right and centre which tells me one thing....there was never any reformation planned in the first place, it was all about consolidating power in places for a future event.

Stacking the decks with your own people, and family is still happening so it's not just a Shin trait it's a He who is in power trait, whether they be green, red or yellow.

Yes keep telling me I'm in denial the only person who is being fooled by that is yourself Ginjag, denial isn't just a river in Egypt, your as guilty as the next man when it comes to denial ?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's amazing how many people on here praise the junta, yet if the same kind of government situation was happening in their own countries, they would be crying foul so quickly....*sigh* sometimes you cannot win with the apologists

No, they'd be the ones calling the anonymous hotline to report their neighbours.
  • Like 2

No doubt a multiple-choice poll:

Are you satisfied with NCPO?

1.Very satisfied

2.Very satisfied

3.Very satisfied

4.All of the above

Or they asked: Are you satisfied with NCPO in compare with the last 4 government?

Who could seriously tell no?

That could not have been the question because if it was the result would have been 97%.

• Like 1

it's amazing how many people on here praise the junta, yet if the same kind of government situation was happening in their own countries, they would be crying foul so quickly....*sigh* sometimes you cannot win with the apologists

Yes it is rather surprising.There is a further odd twist.Many of the foreign supporters of the Junta and its puppet government seem to be indifferent or unaware they are backing the interests of a small upper class elite.Yet in a UK context ( I am assuming from their subliterate posts snd whining demeanor they are mostly lower middle class UKIP types) they are the first to be complaining of Tory poshboys and elite arrogance.It doesnt really compute and I suppose living in Thailand gives them the chance to identify with a ruling class denied to them at home.

interesting, so...here they have the opportunity to change and identify with something that they would never be able to say, back in The UK...a chance for them to live vicariously and as you say have a little slice of the pie they never got to have throughout their lives....good point! plus I guess for awhile as someone mentioned earlier, it was fashionable and hip to express support for the junta when the coup first happened...interestingly enough, as time has gone on, many of those voices have faded from this forum..

Hey! I'm not gonna get too worried about it, this isn't my country and if the Thais are happy to see their nation implode from the inside out so be it. They are going to have a very nasty real wake up call anyway when ASEAN opens next year and they realise they are NOT the leading force in this region like they all thought they were...maybe that will give them a little more motivation to start wanting to change things

Edited by Smurkster

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

PROFILES--conceited ??? because they put their age nationality gender ???. to say that is ridiculous.

The Pm has no influence if you do not have any guilt.

At the time Mrs Thatchers lot were grounded and a clean up was needed I would have said if no other way was possible, Intervention SURE.

Your last sentence explains to me your in full denial of facts---lousy governance caused this problem --elections could never be held until Thailand made progress into the clean up.

Overthrowing an elected BUT undemocratic governing is correct no matter what country you come from. IN Thailands case elections could never solve this BS. If you think otherwise you have a problem Mr, Pratt.--(you chose the name not me)

I meant life stories not the basic facts

So you would have supported a Military intervention by Thatcher ?, Jesus Christ. What are your thoughts about Pol Pot , Mao, Noriega, Batista, Pinochet, Mussolini ect . Their countries were in mess as well at time of Coup d'etat , I'm sure that people in those countries as well though it was necessary but then "Heavens" look what it evolved into

freedom of expression and speech is a very basic right in a democratic society , suppressing that is one of the first things all fascist and communist regimes do , why ? because it is the first act of suppressing the masses. "if we do not learn from our mistakes we are doomed to repeat them"

Your last Quoted sentence, speaks volumes---SHINS PTP.

What Thai organisation has been the common denominator since 1930' that has been repeating the same mistakes 19 times now?

Here's a hint for you Ginjag ....it's got nothing to do with the Shins!!!

Please take note Mr. denial---I was answering re his last sentence--------nothing more---twisting it again. Bouncing back with a non propaganda remark--- JOKE.

Joke is that you put more twists into a post than a Vienesse whirl ? and it's what makes it so ironic!!

Now you will see I have completely been dodging your issues about all the good things the Junta have done too??

I'm taking a leaf out your own denial play book as in another topic a poster asked you to state the 6 significant things that the Junta have done in 5 months and you didn't respond to him ?

Now of course they done some good, but good news is never good enough to debate about.

But you cannot escape the fact that the handling if the Koh Tao murders has been abysmal, but yet the PM has made a few gaffes there, he lost a few Farang supporters over this if you've been following it?

You see you accuse me of being in denial that your every bit as guilty as I've mentioned the main issues for me personally that the General/PM has lost his way.

I dont believe in the comments about controlling he media either or dissent, were you never taught as a youngster that sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never harm you?

So what if people are critical of the PM it's just a voice, it's not like the silent minority (seeing as 93% all support the junta) are attempting to overthrow him with a coup is it?

I do think he needs time, but he was the one who promised not to stay any longer than needed, now 5 months later, it's looking like there will be no elections for a couple of years, well there goes one broken promise is it not?

So what I can see from my little homestead is that all the talk of reformation during the protest were just hyperbole as there wasn't a plan for the PDRC to work from, and now we see committees and sub committed and think tanks coming up left right and centre which tells me one thing....there was never any reformation planned in the first place, it was all about consolidating power in places for a future event.

Stacking the decks with your own people, and family is still happening so it's not just a Shin trait it's a He who is in power trait, whether they be green, red or yellow.

Yes keep telling me I'm in denial the only person who is being fooled by that is yourself Ginjag, denial isn't just a river in Egypt, your as guilty as the next man when it comes to denial ?

Ahh, my favorite DEM supporter whose own words betray him. If your harsh critical statements regarding the DEMS are a litmus test of your support for them then you must be the biggest Junta supporter around.

"state the 6 significant things that the Junta have done in 5 months"

1/ Stopped red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. Of course you will have excuses for this.

2/ Confiscating illegal weapons in 2 months that equated to 10% of all weapons finds in 14 years. (more than enough to fit in the back of a truck heay Haggis!) Of course you will have excuses for this.

3/ Paid the majority of the rice farmers. Of course you will have excuses for this.

4/ Stood up for the tax payer and the majority by properly investigating the rice scheme and actually finding irregularities in it instead of excuses. Of course you will have excuses for this.

5/ Brought Thailand back to the #1 rice exporter. Of course you will have excuses for this.

6/ Cleared the beaches of "tourist hasslers" Of course you will have excuses for this.

7/ Cleaned up the airport taxi system of which I am personally thankful. Of course you will have excuses for this.

8/ Stopped the red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. That one was stated twice due to its importance because your or my children could have been the next victims.

I can only imagine the list of 6 significant things the PTP did in 3 years! Might start with "bringing the country to the brink of civil war".

Of course one can say we have gone from one unelected leader in thaksin to another in Prayut. Both having supported coups in there time (thaksin when it was financially beneficial and prayut when it was morally beneficial) , but with one very important difference between the two.

One is a convicted criminal fugitive.

And this is why the people support the current popular government.

• Like 2

My post is not propaganda as I am going along with the Intervention, oppose when needed and roll on regardless.

I did not try to tell you when you should oppose or should not.

My bitterness as you put it is that Thailand has no idea and does not care who is governing as long as their daily life is unaffected.

The last regime showed some difference the PM not much.

Will you stop the lecture about me trying to control your view. ridiculous .You are the one that is big wig at lecturing----Quote "you need to snap"

You may well not be among the hardcore---you are unable to recognize it------I will ask you When was the occasions you approved anything the PM did??? that's all, I have stated on forum--look up the posts if you want to find them. things I oppose. I do not lick their backsides and will never be in favour of MOST interventions This one YES.

Your post is propoganda as long as you keep using the term intervention.

Not at all Mr. denial, just a saving of street war--simple.-----------and lousy-defunct governing------don't get it ???

A naive observer who is spoon fed the daily propoganda would come to that conclusion, but apply a level of critical thinking to the events leading to the "intervention" and you will see a series of orchestrated events leading to the bangkok population being amenable to a coup. Look back 8 years and you will see a remarkably similar series of events leading up to that coup.

The coup play book was written many years ago and has been executed many times.

You people are all coup coup coup. events leading to the intervention --defunct governing---lied so many times to the Thai people---amnesty----tablets---rice-----what more do you want ??? please don't give me that election dung. you know it was not workable, and is still not workable until more things are sorted--like the rice and other matters--as it's no good having Yingluck stand if she is put in the nick---more stupid election expense.

Thaksin style of pilfering government has served it's sell by date. So what you do now ??

You go on slagging off the PM see where that gets you----I will go along with the Thai people on this one THUS FAR. up to you.

1/ Stopped red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. Of course you will have excuses for this.

2/ Confiscating illegal weapons in 2 months that equated to 10% of all weapons finds in 14 years. (more than enough to fit in the back of a truck heay Haggis!) Of course you will have excuses for this.

3/ Paid the majority of the rice farmers. Of course you will have excuses for this.

4/ Stood up for the tax payer and the majority by properly investigating the rice scheme and actually finding irregularities in it instead of excuses. Of course you will have excuses for this.

5/ Brought Thailand back to the #1 rice exporter. Of course you will have excuses for this.

6/ Cleared the beaches of "tourist hasslers" Of course you will have excuses for this.

7/ Cleaned up the airport taxi system of which I am personally thankful. Of course you will have excuses for this.

8/ Stopped the red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. That one was stated twice due to its importance because your or my children could have been the next victims.

djjamie

Where are you getting these FACTS form

1 you mean people ready to defend democracy when their democratic right to vote and the party with the majority diposed ?. Junta not doing so well in the south with this

2 Same as 1

3-8 , Source, apart from NCPO and Junta statements ?

• Like 1

Yes, members of the new Raj

You just coming on every day slagging off, and I will go along with most of the Thai people, because that's all that matters, not your opposing the PM.

Suppose any government keeps their eye on the OTT critics. Minorities Should be tolerated, even if they happen to be foreigners, if not you would have had a knock on the door already. If you hate the Pm too much leave it up to the Thais, they will unseat him military or not if he is not good.

You just coming on every day slagging off, and I will go along with most of the Thai people, because that's all that matters, not your opposing the PM.

Suppose any government keeps their eye on the OTT critics. Minorities Should be tolerated, even if they happen to be foreigners, if not you would have had a knock on the door already. If you hate the Pm too much leave it up to the Thais, they will unseat him military or not if he is not good.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how Thais would "unseat" him if he is not good.. they have no ability to do such thing through a vote or exercising democratic rights, so how would they do it? Even if it was abundantly clear that Thais did not approve of him in the least bit, its not like they really have much of a say in the matter anyway..

I'm sorry but I fail to see how Thais would "unseat" him if he is not good.. they have no ability to do such thing through a vote or exercising democratic rights, so how would they do it? Even if it was abundantly clear that Thais did not approve of him in the least bit, its not like they really have much of a say in the matter anyway..

You fail to see what you not want to see. Thai people--you underestimate them when they get angry you do not try to stop them-sure.

How would they do it--Suthep style. The army would back down if they were in that position and the PM knows it. that is why he is keeping most Thais reasonably happy, those not happy are the ones that will always oppose the same as the minority on TVF.

The poll is the topic, have you noticed that because the polls show vast support for the PM TVF minority say they are rigged. Remember those polls that showed Yingluck in the lead---never rigged-----see how it works on this forum.

I don't believe I've said anything about the PM. Im more against the events that put him where he is. What is really getting on my tits is the shameless Propaganda that is being posted as "News" if it was an even playing field for people to dispute then no problem, but it isnt. TV should not be acting a a delivery boy for the Junta if they dont want , what are now , illegal comments

Edited by ExPratt

Chooka, you easily forget what went on before, because of this you know full well there is more than a years hard work to clean the dung left over from PTP.

Elections do NOT clean that up it covers it up. Maybe that's what you want as the Shins/PTP do.

Quote. " the dear leader" is a sick expression as you sarcastically put.

You are puddled to believe that an election now will solve any problems. You may get a big time shock if there was one and who do you believe will contest the next one Yingluck ??? sorry she has popularity but to ask her to come back and repeat is a Thailand NO NO. (to do the samecheesy.gifcheesy.gif)

Jinjag.... You are well wide of the mark...again. If this Junta is so popular, as the polls claim, what better way to get the people onside than standing as a political party and contesting an election which they should win with ease. Then they could make all the changes they want with the differebce being that, unlike now they would be changing things with the vote of the people behind them.

Being answerable to the electorate is not on any Juntas agenda, what they are doing is making mass changes under martial law so that when the peoples voice can be heard again they will have tied up loose ends so that the most popular party can never get relelected (PTP or whatever name they will go by in the future) without at least the coalition of an army backed party( usually the Undemocrats). If relected the PTP will never be able to pass a bill without army/democrat consent. If by chance the PTP mangae to get a bill to the Senate/NLA it will be chucked out.

Now if thats the sort of democracy you trumpet..... god help you

Coup elections coup election---sorry mate you are wider off the mark.

No elections yet---not stable enough. You will have to wait---be patient---slag me off for going along with the majority---and they are going along without shouting for elections ---Thais understand you do not want to understand.

I don't believe I've said anything about the PM. Im more against the events that put him where he is. What is really getting on my tits is the shameless Propaganda that is being posted as "News" if it was an even playing field for people to dispute then no problem, but it isnt. TV should not be acting a a delivery boy for the Junta if they dont want , what are now , illegal comments

I too am concerned about the events that led up to the intervention, The unhealthiest propaganda was with the daily lies put out by the PTP, that led to the flinging out of a Shin stranglehold.

There are comments and there are comments of a style that is not healthy---it's up to everyone to know where we draw the line.

If you look back and research the Shin media had the same media stranglehold --so whats new Thai people are driven for decades like this---schools government departments, no answering back if you of a lower station----nowts new here.

2 choices oppose in the most strongest way....or oppose when we do not agree with some events---other than that foreigners, go for the ride and see what next year brings.

The general is unbeatable at the moment with almost 100% support, hold an election and get the world's backing ànd support. The dear leader with a total majority win and support of the entire country can then make all the changes they want as they will be democratically elected. Only total fear of a loss and the polls to be shown as corrupt and abdicated lies would prevent him. This won't happen tho if the current government is being totally honest with the people and not lying about thier support. They preach they are open and honest so man up and prove it or put out honest releases.

Chooka, you easily forget what went on before, because of this you know full well there is more than a years hard work to clean the dung left over from PTP.

Elections do NOT clean that up it covers it up. Maybe that's what you want as the Shins/PTP do.

You are puddled to believe that an election now will solve any problems. You may get a big time shock if there was one and who do you believe will contest the next one Yingluck ??? sorry she has popularity but to ask her to come back and repeat is a Thailand NO NO. (to do the samecheesy.gifcheesy.gif)

Jinjag.... You are well wide of the mark...again. If this Junta is so popular, as the polls claim, what better way to get the people onside than standing as a political party and contesting an election which they should win with ease. Then they could make all the changes they want with the differebce being that, unlike now they would be changing things with the vote of the people behind them.

Being answerable to the electorate is not on any Juntas agenda, what they are doing is making mass changes under martial law so that when the peoples voice can be heard again they will have tied up loose ends so that the most popular party can never get relelected (PTP or whatever name they will go by in the future) without at least the coalition of an army backed party( usually the Undemocrats). If relected the PTP will never be able to pass a bill without army/democrat consent. If by chance the PTP mangae to get a bill to the Senate/NLA it will be chucked out.

No elections yet---not stable enough. You will have to wait---be patient---slag me off for going along with the majority---and they are going along without shouting for elections ---Thais understand you do not want to understand.

It's totally stable the dear leader has 93.3% of the country behind him, how much more do you want, 100%? Probably happen with the next release of dear leaders personal poll tho.

"Go along with most Thai people"? Thai people have not been part of the process, and even the very dodgy polls only bother to ask community leaders, so unless there has been an election or referendum that I have missed, how can you speak for "most of the Thai people"?

• Like 1

Ahh, my favorite DEM supporter whose own words betray him. If your harsh critical statements regarding the DEMS are a litmus test of your support for them then you must be the biggest Junta supporter around.

I can only imagine the list of 6 significant things the PTP did in 3 years! Might start with "bringing the country to the brink of civil war".

Of course one can say we have gone from one unelected leader in thaksin to another in Prayut. Both having supported coups in there time (thaksin when it was financially beneficial and prayut when it was morally beneficial) , but with one very important difference between the two.

1. The Yellows just called of their armed mob that was committing all the attacks

2. The Yellows just handed their weapons back to the people who handed them out in the first place.

3. The Yellows just stopped blocking (through the EC and rioting in front of banks) the payments being made.

4. The Yellows have still to present any plausible evidence of wide scale corruption and have yet to lay any significant charges against anyone.

5. The Yellows did nothing to return Thailand to it's number 1 ranking, the reason Thailand is back at number 1 is because its current prices are so low compared to India and Vietnam (which is really Yinglucks' unintended doing)

6. This is, to date the single achievement of the coup. Well done, congratulations to all involved. Nobel prizes for both peace and economics are a shoe in.

7. The Yellows achieved nothing here, system was fine as it was - go down a level, queue, get your ticket, pay 50 baht, meter on - off home.

8. See point 1 (your kids have nothing to fear the popcorn gunman is off the streets)

If the people supported the current government there would be an election.

Until there is an election, you can take it as fact that the Junta knows they lack support; regardless of how many 93.3% polls are released

• Like 2

It's totally stable the dear leader has 93.3% of the country behind him, how much more do you want, 100%? Probably happen with the next release of dear leaders personal poll tho.

Chooka you made a near U turn 6 months ago---live with it.

1. The Yellows just called of their armed mob that was committing all the attacks

2. The Yellows just handed their weapons back to the people who handed them out in the first place.

3. The Yellows just stopped blocking (through the EC and rioting in front of banks) the payments being made.

4. The Yellows have still to present any plausible evidence of wide scale corruption and have yet to lay any significant charges against anyone.

5. The Yellows did nothing to return Thailand to it's number 1 ranking, the reason Thailand is back at number 1 is because its current prices are so low compared to India and Vietnam (which is really Yinglucks' unintended doing)

6. This is, to date the single achievement of the coup. Well done, congratulations to all involved. Nobel prizes for both peace and economics are a shoe in.

7. The Yellows achieved nothing here, system was fine as it was - go down a level, queue, get your ticket, pay 50 baht, meter on - off home.

8. See point 1 (your kids have nothing to fear the popcorn gunman is off the streets)

If the people supported the current government there would be an election.

Until there is an election, you can take it as fact that the Junta knows they lack support; regardless of how many 93.3% polls are released

Why should Thais have to go to the polls when there is not an urgent need. When asked to they will go. Problem for you guys is that Thais are everyday getting more aware of the past goings on and are actually waiting to see what happens to Yingluck.

"Go along with most Thai people"? Thai people have not been part of the process, and even the very dodgy polls only bother to ask community leaders, so unless there has been an election or referendum that I have missed, how can you speak for "most of the Thai people"?

If Thais are unhappy they WILL revolt, they did early this year and they will again --Thai will collectively have a go at any obstacle. For now go with the flow They were all dodgy polls Shins--PMs now what's new.

What majority?

It's getting close to two decades since your side could claim even a rigged majority.

The truth is there will be no elections until a system can be devised were 20% of the voters can win over the remaining 80%.

Look what you fail to notice is, if the majority were against the PM they would revolt.---reality now--not 2 decades, the 10-20 % of hardcore that is left the Thais will not attempt anything unless they have the balance in their favour.

What majority?

It's getting close to two decades since your side could claim even a rigged majority.

The truth is there will be no elections until a system can be devised were 20% of the voters can win over the remaining 80%.

Look what you fail to notice is, if the majority were against the PM they would revolt.---reality now--not 2 decades, the 10-20 % of hardcore that is left the Thais will not attempt anything unless they have the balance in their favour.

Martial law is in place!

The people cannot express their wishes without the threat of ending up in some silly re-education centre or even jail for a year.

Let's see what happens when martial law is revoked hey, if they dare.

Until then ....

What majority?!

What majority?

Martial law is in place!

The people cannot express their wishes without the threat of ending up in some silly re-education centre or even jail for a year.

Until then ....

What majority?!

A majority of community leaders who know who's a** they have to kiss to keep their job, especially now that local elections are on hold.

What majority?

Martial law is in place!

Until then ....

What majority?!

Martial law---where, and how is it affecting those who are going about their everyday lives, It is in place to guard against this disruptive 10-20%

Your second sentence is way OTT, even down to a joke. If you are of a terrorist nature/o crazily disruptive Sure question them for a week.

Get used to it----settle down don't get your knickers in a twist it's only the Thai peoples army a collection of Thai people.---who did not want anymore control by the Shins.

What majority?

Martial law is in place!

Until then ....

What majority?!

Martial law---where, and how is it affecting those who are going about their everyday lives, It is in place to guard against this disruptive 10-20%

Your second sentence is way OTT, even down to a joke. If you are of a terrorist nature/o crazily disruptive Sure question them for a week.

Get used to it----settle down don't get your knickers in a twist it's only the Thai peoples army a collection of Thai people.---who did not want anymore control by the Shins.

Thailand: Grim outlook for human rights after a month of ...

There appears to be no end in sight to violations of a range of human rights months after martial law was declared in Thailand, Amnesty International warned today.

Since the military declared martial law on 20 May 2014, the rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly have been harshly restricted and extended powers of detention have resulted in some 511 individuals including political activists being arbitrarily detained, though most were held for a few days.

“Sacrificing human rights for political expediency is never a price worth paying – Thailand’s National Council for Peace and Order must ensure that the rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly are protected. They must stop arbitrary detentions and prosecutions of peaceful critics,” said Richard Bennett, Asia-Pacific Director at Amnesty International.

• Like 2

What majority?

Martial law is in place!

Until then ....

What majority?!

A majority of community leaders who know who's a** they have to kiss to keep their job, especially now that local elections are on hold.

Seems to ring a bell----oh yes the Shin dominated Issan.--now kiss and not go wrong ---before paid to go wrong. Fact to be found anywhere you wish to look it up on.