Poll: Most Thais support NCPO

Lite Beer

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point, most red-shirts are going to realise that people ARE happier under this junta than they were under the last bunch of criminals.

There are some, however who live in a state of bitter denial. They tend to be the ones who post a lot on the forums - doubtless foaming at the mouth while they do it.

That "foaming at the mouth" bit made me laught seeing that it came from a rabid junta fanatic. By the way, for reasons I won't go into, I wish you'd change your username.

• Like 2

Believing this poll is only a little less absurd than gauging the PTP's popularity on an election from over 3 years ago.

Well done to the most popular PM in the last decade.

I would have given them 10/10 for stopping a civil war, but the 7% minority would never have had the backing ergo why I gave them 10/10 for stopping terrorism against women and children in Bangkok.

"Believing this poll is only a little less absurd than gauging the PTP's popularity on an election from over 3 years ago."

Quite right, there should have been a new election. Why didn't someone think of that?

At some point, most red-shirts are going to realise that people ARE happier under this junta than they were under the last bunch of criminals.

There are some, however who live in a state of bitter denial. They tend to be the ones who post a lot on the forums - doubtless foaming at the mouth while they do it.

By the way, for reasons I won't go into, I wish you'd change your username.

Ha ha, It might be appropriate.

I was in Chiang Rai recently and asked about if people were happy with the coup - not a single one was. Of course, it is anecdotal, and based ona smaller sample group than the latest poll.

For those who think that the Army prevented a civil war, think about who was funding all the anti government demonstrations. Think about Suthep and Prayuth working together when 90 red shirt demonstrators were killed. Think about the timing of the Army chief's retirement, and stepping into the PM role. This was a carefully timed, and well executed plan to tank the economy, stir up demonstrations, violence, shut down majour intersections, Ministries, Govt. house and everything but the airports for the express purpose of making a coup palatable to the population of Bangkok.

Now, you might still think that is an ok thing, especially given alternatives, but 'good people' these are not.

Don't think you need such lengthy explanation with Suthep's Skype admission followed by the infamous qoute that it's time for the army to take over the tiring PDRC. Anyway, astounding some here still use the civil war excuse. Who's buying that?

• Like 1

To, in order of arrival: Snig27, alocacoc, Fat Haggis, Robespierre, JOC, Mango Bob, heybruce, baboon, ExPratt.

Back in time guys. We are in 2011. A poll, by the same people for instance, telling a majority of Thais to be satisfied with PM Yingluck's 'government'. Some members here contesting the validity of the questions in that poll in their opinion here. What would we have been reading from you guys? That this poll was maybe not correctly taken, that the sampling was not correct, that the figures were not honest? Let me guess... No, we would have got fuming reactions from you against the ones not sharing in the cult of the Shins, they would have been called Padocrats, fascists, thrown garbage at! Well, look at you now! And is any, of the many, not agreeing with you today calling you names, insulting you, with foam on the lips? No, isn't it? Where would be 'the people' who are really against dictatorship and for democracy? Except a few lost souls maybe, NOT in your ranks, IMO...

No foam on my lips might be some on yours though .

Polls are used to manipulate certain aspects of politics and these polls by this happiness group are no different. I don't suppose sarcasm and cynicism are in your repetoire then?

Shall we address the title? Yes let's do that so 626 people in influential positions placed there by the Current Goverment ok let's call a spade a spade, the Junta, is a representative of the peoples voices is it?

You don't think that should ANY of these "leaders" have a negative response that they'd no longer be leaders do you? Course not!!

Shall we address the current situation in the South which I'm sure makes up more than 7% of the population, they're all happy, and the 10 year civil war down there ended through the week?

It must've been all these free assault rifles they got that swayed their opinions right ?

I don't belong to any faction, clan or group I cheerlead nobody as it's NONE of my business and I have NO business even attempting to interfere in a system that has been broken since the 1930's.

But I sit and observe traits and mannerisms, I don't go for the Kool aid approach unlike many others here, probably you are suck a person that would swallow all the junta tell you.

I've heard it all before in different troubled hotspots, talk is cheap there's no point in talking the talk if you can't walk the walk!!

There's been so many stumbles of recent weeks, the PM throwing fits at the press, the Minister for Tourisim and her bizarre claims and schemes, I guess you forgot about tagging tourists etc, and that celeb selfies are going to revive a flagging industry??

I guess you forgot about the claims from the Chief of police that the Koh Tao murders were all solved and he case 100% done and dusted, yet the prosecution said differently yesterday but you know all this eh?

Keep drinking the Kool AId of it makes you feel better, me, I'll keep an open mind on things being any better now or in the future, as that sir, is my prerogative

You don't have to like or agree with the posters you mentioned but they all can't be wrong

I would, very much, like you to live up to that credo of yours. I have read you many times before becoming a member here, and I cannot recall one, single, opinion of yours to have been, even slightly, critical of Thaksin, Yingluck, the PTP, the UDD, the 'red shirts'. But, oh my, you have been virulently critical about anything, anyone, outside of the above. Being always and only critical about, against, everyone not agreeing with, conforming to, the ones above, is IMO not the work of a critical mind, but of a partisan one, sorry to say. I have been, very, critical (for what it's worth, not being a Thai) about many a thing concerning the 'new people in power', but you might have missed it. I do approve though of quite some things they say they will do(!), but didn't do yet(!), so I watch what's coming next, giving them, some, credit, though, until no more... Maybe 'better' is not even the word, but at leat 'less bad' they are, IMO, till now, compared to what was, alas, before. (I have been 'posting' maybe 5,000 times on 'the other paper''s site, published over 1,000 only, so I'm more here nowadays, censorship isn't my thing, and they're, erm, very 'Chinese' at it, like PRC Chinese I mean...)

• Like 1

Try asking the everyday Thais across the country and not the leaders who would say anything to save their own lucrative positions.

Ask the southern Muslim population what they think of the Junta too, I often wonder how many of these "leaders" have daily contact with their community ?

So all is well across the country there's free assault rifles for the South and Tourism is on the up with celebrity selfie week!! ?

I remember the shin leader PM. announcing to the southern people if you do not vote for me You will receive zero down there. This was near to the actual message given.

Please do not post stuff like this--and referring to the JUNTA is against rules. You go to the south and see who is more popular Shins or the PM.

I would assume you did your own poll across the width and breadth of Thailand did you. Why do you think there were near nil votes from the south for the past governments. (Shin style)

Believing this poll is only a little less absurd than gauging the PTP's popularity on an election from over 3 years ago.

I would have given them 10/10 for stopping a civil war, but the 7% minority would never have had the backing ergo why I gave them 10/10 for stopping terrorism against women and children in Bangkok.

"Believing this poll is only a little less absurd than gauging the PTP's popularity on an election from over 3 years ago."

Quite right, there should have been a new election. Why didn't someone think of that?

Someone actually did, in fact there was an election just 9 months or so ago! Unfortunately the biggest opposition party "the democrats" decided as only party to boycot the elections, subsequently their old comrade in arms Suthep decided to sabotage it.

Due to this and the coup, the last valid lower house election is the one in 2011 and that one is the latest one which could be used to measure popularity of parties. It's also a clear case that all lower house elections since 2001 have shown consistently massive support for TRT, PPP and PTP.

Therefore suggesting they still enjoy support isn't that absurd as djjamie is claiming. Believing that support has vanished is wishfull thinking nothing more and nothing less.

If the junta has such massive support as they seem to claim by this "opinion pole", surely they could abolish the state of marshall law, stop curtailing freedom of speech and run for office in proper elections. The reason we won't see any of that is simply because they do not enjoy massive support.

But hey a little bit of propaganda here or there never hurt anybody, it's quite amusing really.

• Like 2

At that point, will there be an election?

At some point yes, shouldn't have spoilt it then there would be no need for one.................only your selves to blame for lousy governance.

I was in Chiang Rai recently and asked about if people were happy with the coup - not a single one was. Of course, it is anecdotal, and based ona smaller sample group than the latest poll.

For those who think that the Army prevented a civil war, think about who was funding all the anti government demonstrations. Think about Suthep and Prayuth working together when 90 red shirt demonstrators were killed. Think about the timing of the Army chief's retirement, and stepping into the PM role. This was a carefully timed, and well executed plan to tank the economy, stir up demonstrations, violence, shut down majour intersections, Ministries, Govt. house and everything but the airports for the express purpose of making a coup palatable to the population of Bangkok.

Now, you might still think that is an ok thing, especially given alternatives, but 'good people' these are not.

Don't think you need such lengthy explanation with Suthep's Skype admission followed by the infamous qoute that it's time for the army to take over the tiring PDRC. Anyway, astounding some here still use the civil war excuse. Who's buying that?

So, for the both of you, there were no populace groups of violent thugs attacking civilians of another opinion, no armed groups perpetrating terrorist attacks, no weapons had been stored up, no para-military groups being formed and trained, nothing about a secession cum creation of a republic, and all of this coming from one side, the one you defend with so much 'verve'? Would there have been a civil war? I don't know, I can't be sure! Do you know? Can you be sure? IMO, it is clear all the ingredients were present, everything was there for a civil war to be started, by, and for, one megalomaniac would-be dictator and his clan!

As for Sarathi's complot theory, sigh, well, when complot there was, it must have been by, and for, the same egotripper, who had the power and the means ...and the reasons (and the madness), to have insurgents take and occupy the center of Bangkok, and be at the origin of nearly 100 lost lifes? You blame all who is not at 'his' side for the consequences of 'his' acts? Shame on you!

P.S.: A man, they probably don't know, asks for the opinion of people in Chiang Rai, didn't come up to him they could simply be afraid to be spotted speaking against 'him' telling they felt better since the coup? And then others of the same flock writing the polled leaders didn't dare to speak in a divergent way... Why would what Sarathi's writing not be true on the other side, or both wrong maybe? One sided tunnel-view, as usual, may I guess?

• Like 2

it's amazing how many people on here praise the junta, yet if the same kind of government situation was happening in their own countries, they would be crying foul so quickly....*sigh* sometimes you cannot win with the apologists

• Like 1

Someone actually did, in fact there was an election just 9 months or so ago! Unfortunately the biggest opposition party "the democrats" decided as only party to boycot the elections, subsequently their old comrade in arms Suthep decided to sabotage it.

Due to this and the coup, the last valid lower house election is the one in 2011 and that one is the latest one which could be used to measure popularity of parties. It's also a clear case that all lower house elections since 2001 have shown consistently massive support for TRT, PPP and PTP.

Therefore suggesting they still enjoy support isn't that absurd as djjamie is claiming. Believing that support has vanished is wishfull thinking nothing more and nothing less.

If the junta has such massive support as they seem to claim by this "opinion pole", surely they could abolish the state of marshall law, stop curtailing freedom of speech and run for office in proper elections. The reason we won't see any of that is simply because they do not enjoy massive support.

But hey a little bit of propaganda here or there never hurt anybody, it's quite amusing really.

What!? There was an attempt at an election and some undemocratic people prevented it? Why didn't the military take action against these anti-democrats and let the government hold a new election? If they'd done that the coup wouldn't have been necessary.

• Like 1

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

it's amazing how many people on here praise the junta, yet if the same kind of government situation was happening in their own countries, they would be crying foul so quickly....*sigh* sometimes you cannot win with the apologists

you'd like to think people wouldn't be so compliant to a coup d'etat in their own country and stand up , but the more I read this site I'm not so sure

What!? There was an attempt at an election and some undemocratic people prevented it? Why didn't the military take action against these anti-democrats and let the government hold a new election? If they'd done that the coup wouldn't have been necessary.

On the contrary, if the army had done just that, Yingluck would probably still be running the show, which obviously isn't in the army's interest. The failed election was perfect for the army as it bought them time.

So, for the both of you, there were no populace groups of violent thugs attacking civilians of another opinion, no armed groups perpetrating terrorist attacks, no weapons had been stored up, no para-military groups being formed and trained, nothing about a secession cum creation of a republic, and all of this coming from one side, the one you defend with so much 'verve'? Would there have been a civil war? I don't know, I can't be sure! Do you know? Can you be sure? IMO, it is clear all the ingredients were present, everything was there for a civil war to be started, by, and for, one megalomaniac would-be dictator and his clan!

As for Sarathi's complot theory, sigh, well, when complot there was, it must have been by, and for, the same egotripper, who had the power and the means ...and the reasons (and the madness), to have insurgents take and occupy the center of Bangkok, and be at the origin of nearly 100 lost lifes? You blame all who is not at 'his' side for the consequences of 'his' acts? Shame on you!

P.S.: A man, they probably don't know, asks for the opinion of people in Chiang Rai, didn't come up to him they could simply be afraid to be spotted speaking against 'him' telling they felt better since the coup? And then others of the same flock writing the polled leaders didn't dare to speak in a divergent way... Why would what Sarathi's writing not be true on the other side, or both wrong maybe? One sided tunnel-view, as usual, may I guess?

Protesters illegally occupied government buildings, obstructed government, used violence and intimidating to obstruct an election and other crimes. This provoked other criminal acts, some undoubtedly government supporters. However the situation was far from leading to a civil war.

At any point the chaos could have been stopped and election held if the military had threatened to use the "2010" solution, a bloody street-clearing crackdown against illegal protesters. They didn't want to do that, they preferred a coup.

• Like 2

To, in order of arrival: Snig27, alocacoc, Fat Haggis, Robespierre, JOC, Mango Bob, heybruce, baboon, ExPratt.

Back in time guys. We are in 2011. A poll, by the same people for instance, telling a majority of Thais to be satisfied with PM Yingluck's 'government'. Some members here contesting the validity of the questions in that poll in their opinion here. What would we have been reading from you guys? That this poll was maybe not correctly taken, that the sampling was not correct, that the figures were not honest? Let me guess... No, we would have got fuming reactions from you against the ones not sharing in the cult of the Shins, they would have been called Padocrats, fascists, thrown garbage at! Well, look at you now! And is any, of the many, not agreeing with you today calling you names, insulting you, with foam on the lips? No, isn't it? Where would be 'the people' who are really against dictatorship and for democracy? Except a few lost souls maybe, NOT in your ranks, IMO...

No foam on my lips might be some on yours though .

Polls are used to manipulate certain aspects of politics and these polls by this happiness group are no different. I don't suppose sarcasm and cynicism are in your repetoire then?

Shall we address the title? Yes let's do that so 626 people in influential positions placed there by the Current Goverment ok let's call a spade a spade, the Junta, is a representative of the peoples voices is it?

You don't think that should ANY of these "leaders" have a negative response that they'd no longer be leaders do you? Course not!!

Shall we address the current situation in the South which I'm sure makes up more than 7% of the population, they're all happy, and the 10 year civil war down there ended through the week?

It must've been all these free assault rifles they got that swayed their opinions right ?

I don't belong to any faction, clan or group I cheerlead nobody as it's NONE of my business and I have NO business even attempting to interfere in a system that has been broken since the 1930's.

But I sit and observe traits and mannerisms, I don't go for the Kool aid approach unlike many others here, probably you are suck a person that would swallow all the junta tell you.

I've heard it all before in different troubled hotspots, talk is cheap there's no point in talking the talk if you can't walk the walk!!

There's been so many stumbles of recent weeks, the PM throwing fits at the press, the Minister for Tourisim and her bizarre claims and schemes, I guess you forgot about tagging tourists etc, and that celeb selfies are going to revive a flagging industry??

I guess you forgot about the claims from the Chief of police that the Koh Tao murders were all solved and he case 100% done and dusted, yet the prosecution said differently yesterday but you know all this eh?

Keep drinking the Kool AId of it makes you feel better, me, I'll keep an open mind on things being any better now or in the future, as that sir, is my prerogative

You don't have to like or agree with the posters you mentioned but they all can't be wrong

I would, very much, like you to live up to that credo of yours. I have read you many times before becoming a member here, and I cannot recall one, single, opinion of yours to have been, even slightly, critical of Thaksin, Yingluck, the PTP, the UDD, the 'red shirts'. But, oh my, you have been virulently critical about anything, anyone, outside of the above. Being always and only critical about, against, everyone not agreeing with, conforming to, the ones above, is IMO not the work of a critical mind, but of a partisan one, sorry to say. I have been, very, critical (for what it's worth, not being a Thai) about many a thing concerning the 'new people in power', but you might have missed it. I do approve though of quite some things they say they will do(!), but didn't do yet(!), so I watch what's coming next, giving them, some, credit, though, until no more... Maybe 'better' is not even the word, but at leat 'less bad' they are, IMO, till now, compared to what was, alas, before. (I have been 'posting' maybe 5,000 times on 'the other paper''s site, published over 1,000 only, so I'm more here nowadays, censorship isn't my thing, and they're, erm, very 'Chinese' at it, like PRC Chinese I mean...)

You haven't looked very hard have you? I've ripped into the UDD and the PTP as well as Yingluck, granted I don't post much about Thaksin as he was before my time here and from all I've read up on, he wouldn't be my beer drinking buddy, and from what my wife has told me about his "stealing from Buddha "

I just don't feel the need to jump on the " I hate his guts" bandwagon as neither he, nor his puppet sister have done anything to change or alter my way of life here.

The thing is bangrak, I will jump I every morsel that I believe to be inaccurate and a distortion of the ground truth these polls being one of them.

I asked my wife who is Thai by the way if she was aware of any of the 3 big things that is promoted in this poll, she looked more vague than normal, she's never heard about them.

Polls are political tools to justify a position or a posture, someone stated the other day that sending the army down South would stop them from all the good work they're doing elsewhere and I asked what was that exactly as the RTA are nowhere to be seen around Korat and surrounding towns ??

I see NO change to RTA presence today as I did in Nov 2013 and Nov 2012, there's DEFINATELY been no change with the ongoing civil war in the South, so how could the country be heading in that direction when it was already there, and has been for the past 10 years.

The PTP had to go, no doubts about that, but I amongst many others still maintain the ballot box was the solution, but but but vote buying is the cry so often heard, and yet on the other hand, many here claimed the PTP were done, a spent force, with almost zero popularity but if that was really the case, the Dems and the PDRC would have crushed them in the second postponed election, so why didn't this happen?

Fear of the fact that as much as Thaksin is hated, people will still take his money? That doesn't sound that he and his party were any less popular does it?

Do you agree or disagree that the whole RTP handling of the Koh Tao murders has been a shambles from the start? And that the PMs praise of them was categorically wrong, especially since the prosecutor has returned the case 4 times now saying it's not complete. Despite the RTP claims of it being 100% watertight?

Do you disagree that the Tourist minister and her department have been like headless chickens the past 5 weeks, what with their tagging tourists, junta military tours, celebrity selfies, increased security etc etc etc?

You think that everything is rosy?

• Like 1

Protesters illegally occupied government buildings, obstructed government, used violence and intimidating to obstruct an election and other crimes. This provoked other criminal acts, some undoubtedly government supporters. However the situation was far from leading to a civil war.

At any point the chaos could have been stopped and election held if the military had threatened to use the "2010" solution, a bloody street-clearing crackdown against illegal protesters. They didn't want to do that, they preferred a coup.

The '05-'06 and the '08 PAD demonstration were bigger and more violent and remotely hint of any possible civil war. The PDRC shutdown was a fraction of what the PAD violent demonstrations and all were criminal acts by few individuals or small groups and very much isolated cases and Bangkok centric, not country wide. To link that to civil war will take a big leap of imagination.

As to Bruce point, interesting to note that when the army turn a blind eye to help the government, coups occurred. When the army decide to assist the government to clear the demonstrators violently, no coup happen. Speaks volume.

The '05-'06 and the '08 PAD demonstration were bigger and more violent and remotely hint of any possible civil war. The PDRC shutdown was a fraction of what the PAD violent demonstrations and all were criminal acts by few individuals or small groups and very much isolated cases and Bangkok centric, not country wide. To link that to civil war will take a big leap of imagination.

As to Bruce point, interesting to note that when the army turn a blind eye to help the government, coups occurred. When the army decide to assist the government to clear the demonstrators violently, no coup happen. Speaks volume.

And for some strange reason the governments assisted by the army always had the same colour!!

Must be a coincidence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,coffee1.gif

• Like 1

That is simply because they are likely to be far less affected than the Thai population. They are unlikely to have their door kicked in in the middle of the night, as allowed for under martial law for example. They don't give a toss as long as they can get on with their cushy lives.

One guy keeps referring to me as a 'shin' because I don't slavishly support this coup - and didn't from day one, when it was fashionable on this forum so to do.

I thought a shin was part of a leg bone structure anyway. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That is simply because they are likely to be far less affected than the Thai population. They are unlikely to have their door kicked in in the middle of the night, as allowed for under martial law for example. They don't give a toss as long as they can get on with their cushy lives.

One guy keeps referring to me as a 'shin' because I don't slavishly support this coup - and didn't from day one, when it was fashionable on this forum so to do.

I thought a shin was part of a leg bone structure anyway. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

in some peoples mind everything is blatantly black and white, if you support one thing you are against another, many people fail to realise there is a grey area....yes, I too always thought a shin was a leg bone structure.....plus if the only retort they have to your questioning the coup is that you are a "shin" then I would venture to said person is probably a "douche".....but as kermit said "that's none of my business"

Edited by Smurkster

At that point, will there be an election?

At some point yes, shouldn't have spoilt it then there would be no need for one.................only your selves to blame for lousy governance.

with so much love and admiration for the dear leader he would romp in with almost 100% of the vote. Why not call an election now, is there something that frightens the leader such as he probably knows that these polls are bogus rubbish and he would probably lose. Grow a pair man and replace this propaganda with action, man up and stop hiding behind these lies, prove it is true.

Chooka, you easily forget what went on before, because of this you know full well there is more than a years hard work to clean the dung left over from PTP.

Elections do NOT clean that up it covers it up. Maybe that's what you want as the Shins/PTP do.

Quote. " the dear leader" is a sick expression as you sarcastically put.

You are puddled to believe that an election now will solve any problems. You may get a big time shock if there was one and who do you believe will contest the next one Yingluck ??? sorry she has popularity but to ask her to come back and repeat is a Thailand NO NO. (to do the samecheesy.gifcheesy.gif)