2 Double Entry Touristic Visa in the same year ?

Hello,

2 Double Entry Touristic Visa in the same year. Is that possible ?

June 2014: Went Savannakhet and got a Double Entry Touristic Visa

December 2014: Can I get a new Double Entry Touristic Visa in Savannakhet ?

Thanks for your experiences.

Slightly off topic but

My friend just flew back from a short visit to Luang Prabang and got 60 days on his stamp. He had a tourist visa [uK Passport].

Well if he already had a valid tourist visa he would get a 60 day permission to stay when he entered Thailand. What did you think would happen? If he entered using the visa, exited Thailand again and was given a 60 day permission to stay on his second entry, then he must have a double or triple entry tourist visa. Nothing news-worthy in that as long as the visa hasn't expired or been used for the maximum allowed entries.

The O/P was asking if he could obtain a second visa ... which he should be able to do. Repeated back-to-back visa exempt entries would raise red flags, but a couple of tourist visas shouldn't be a concern.

• Like 1

Thanks Archie.

In which country ?

Is there any recommendation about the embassy to choose ?

I think to go Savannakhet, but maybe there is better ?

Hi,

2 x 2 entry visas were issued at the Thai Embassy in Yangon, Myanmar (I work in Myanmar)

The 3 entry was from the consulate in Denpasar, Bali (I was there for a conference)

I had compelling reasons for them to issue the two visas in Yangon, as I work in Myanmar (and several other countries in the region) but stay in Thailand when not working. Myanmar Business visas in my passport helped with this - but that was just in my situation and I'm sure it is different to anyone else's

Savannakhet and Vientiane are the best locations to get a 2 entry tourist visa. Absolutely no problem to get a 2nd one.

Recent reports for Yangon are that you may have to wait several days to apply for your visa because they only do a certain number every day and issue numbers in advance. Also I have seen no recent reports of a 2 entry visa being done now.

• Like 1

Breaking news. I just arrived in Bangkok after 6 weeks in Vietnam using the second half of a double entry tourist visa. I soon realised the immigration officer was taking far too long studying my previous visas and counting the days spent in the Kingdom. He then started to question me. What am I doing here? Why have I got so many tourist visas etc. I am not and never have been a visa-runner. I am a legitimate tourist who spends about 6 months of the year here. I have four non-consecutive tourist visas in my passport (two of which are double entry, the other two single entry) and three 1 month extensions (the tourist visas were obtained in London). For a few moments I thought they were going to deny me entry but they eventually let me in. But the very clear message was 'don't push your luck'.

My point being, and I apologize to digress from the OP's original question, but I think in the future the problem is not obtaining tourist visas but getting past the eagle eyes of certain 'keen' immigration officers at border posts. Certainly if I'm going to be hauled over the coals every time I enter Thailand I will move on to friendlier pastures.

Breaking news. I just arrived in Bangkok after 6 weeks in Vietnam using the second half of a double entry tourist visa. I soon realised the immigration officer was taking far too long studying my previous visas and counting the days spent in the Kingdom. He then started to question me. What am I doing here? Why have I got so many tourist visas etc. I am not and never have been a visa-runner. I am a legitimate tourist who spends about 6 months of the year here. I have four non-consecutive tourist visas in my passport (two of which are double entry, the other two single entry) and three 1 month extensions (the tourist visas were obtained in London). For a few moments I thought they were going to deny me entry but they eventually let me in. But the very clear message was 'don't push your luck'.

You did not mention, but likely that was at Don Mueang airport. It appears that they are more actively trying to get people that is working illegally in country. If you don't yo don't have nothing to worry, it is not by luck that you are allowed to stay in Thailand. Other border posts do not do this.