Promenada bus

jobin

Conflicting info on free shuttle buses from city to this mall found on web. Best for me is bus pick-up at Nimmnam haemin area, or KSK. But 'update' schedule, no date given, shows bus only to big hotels south of city near moat.

Giving poor grade to Prom for this convenience. Recent knowledge appreciated.

I caught a bus Friday night with a sign on it in English, clearly stating that its route started at Central Festival and fares were either 10B, 20B or 30B.

He charged each of us 100baht to get to Thae Pae gate "as there were traffic jams'!

Making hay while the sun shines?

Took a look at their website, and it seems they dropped rout 2 and 3, must not have had the passengers to justify continuing.

It is still miles ahead of KSK in free service to and from.

20 baht to one of the hotels it services and get the free shuttle there.

A nice mall just lacking in customers and different shops. Not sure about how many customers it has as you can not stand in one place and see most of them.

• Like 1

Took a look at their website, and it seems they dropped rout 2 and 3, must not have had the passengers to justify continuing.

It is still miles ahead of KSK in free service to and from.

20 baht to one of the hotels it services and get the free shuttle there.

A nice mall just lacking in customers and different shops. Not sure about how many customers it has as you can not stand in one place and see most of them.

Quite busy there today, and hard to get a car park. And Ragu was full, lol.

Let the knockers knock. This place is here for the long haul. And will do well.

Yes I believe they were setting up with a long range plan. Glad to hear it was busy. I just like the Mall better than the others. It does not have all the different shops as the others but I do like the lay out.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the following schedule there is a route 1 and 2 (no 3), but it’s in their news section without any date: http://www.promenadachiangmai.com/en/news-events/Update%20Shuttle%20Bus%20schedule/30

Does someone know if both routes are still being driven? I’m closest to Shangri-La Hotel, so would like to make use of their route 2 shuttle.

I caught a bus Friday night with a sign on it in English, clearly stating that its route started at Central Festival and fares were either 10B, 20B or 30B.

He charged each of us 100baht to get to Thae Pae gate "as there were traffic jams'!

Making hay while the sun shines?

I would of pointed to all the army guys at Thapae gate and said "too much, I go ask police." I bet the price would of dropped to a reasonable one then.

• Like 1

According to the following schedule there is a route 1 and 2 (no 3), but it’s in their news section without any date: http://www.promenadachiangmai.com/en/news-events/Update%20Shuttle%20Bus%20schedule/30

Does someone know if both routes are still being driven? I’m closest to Shangri-La Hotel, so would like to make use of their route 2 shuttle.

Since I posted the above link, their web site has developed some issues.

Anyway, I went to Shangri-La Hotel to catch the shuttle, here they had a printed schedule valid from July 1st, 2014. There are two routes, but the order of route two was different than on the site (which also meant the shuttle arrived 10 minutes later than what the online schedule said).

The printed schedule has this number for their service center: 053-107888. So if you want to be sure about times/stops then I would suggest calling that number or ask for a schedule in one of the hotels listed on the route.

Just take a red bus there if you don't own a car. Many of them coming and going; dropping off and picking up passengers.

that would cost in the area of 150 to 200 baht. Take a red songthaew to the La Meridian or one of the others where they do have a pick up for 20 baht. Get the free one there.