Mai Mee, is this the most used Thai phrase after Mai Pen rai?

pitrevie

What's the big deal with this WD device? Talk about late to the party.

This is from 2013:

The Seagate Wireless Plus (successor to the Seagate GoFlex Satellite) and bigger LaCie Fuel are essentially laptop hard drives in an external chassis, equipped with a battery for mobile operation. (Both also let you pass your connection through the device to maintain your Internet access while using the drive.) Meanwhile, the SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Driveand Kingston Wi-Drive are based on a similar concept but use flash memory and come in at a much higher price per gigabyte. (We looked at 64GB and 32GB versions of these drives, respectively.)

For the DIY types in the crowd, or simply anyone with an old SATA-interface laptop drive sitting around gathering dust, the Patriot Gauntlet Node is another intriguing possibility. It's a wireless-drive chassis that operates much the same way as the Seagate drives, but you install your own drive. Patriot also offers a pre-populated version of this product (with a 320GB drive) in its Gauntlet 320.

What's the big deal with this WD device? Talk about late to the party.

This is from 2013:

The Seagate Wireless Plus (successor to the Seagate GoFlex Satellite) and bigger LaCie Fuel are essentially laptop hard drives in an external chassis, equipped with a battery for mobile operation. (Both also let you pass your connection through the device to maintain your Internet access while using the drive.) Meanwhile, the SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Driveand Kingston Wi-Drive are based on a similar concept but use flash memory and come in at a much higher price per gigabyte. (We looked at 64GB and 32GB versions of these drives, respectively.)

For the DIY types in the crowd, or simply anyone with an old SATA-interface laptop drive sitting around gathering dust, the Patriot Gauntlet Node is another intriguing possibility. It's a wireless-drive chassis that operates much the same way as the Seagate drives, but you install your own drive. Patriot also offers a pre-populated version of this product (with a 320GB drive) in its Gauntlet 320.

I looked at the Seagate but I liked the idea that the WD had a place where you could plug an SD card into it.

If you don't like hearing "mai mee" either:

1) Stop asking them for things they don't have in stock

2) Spot something they clearly do have in stock, and ask for that first - then you'll know if the next 'mai mee' is just for you, or truly that they don't have it :P

A hdd with a networkcard.. wow some real innovation going on at Seagate, im suprised they could beat the $100 door stop.

I wouldn't touch a seagate hdd even if it was free.

While I would agree with you on this 3 years ago, things have changed. I'm throwing out everything I have with Western Digital logo on it, and replacing it with Seagate and Hitachi. Yes, I know Hitachi is part of WDC nowadays, but still far superior quality.

What I often hear is "moht laaeo" for all gone, none remaining, etc. I heard that phase so, so much in Thailand when looking for something. It's probably around the second or third most heard phrase when wanting to buy something.

• Like 1

What I often hear is "moht laaeo" for all gone, none remaining, etc. I heard that phase so, so much in Thailand when looking for something. It's probably around the second or third most heard phrase when wanting to buy something.

Well, in certain circumstances that's better than Mai Mee - Mot Laew at least means they might want you to come back :P

Well, in certain circumstances that's better than Mai Mee - Mot Laew at least means they might want you to come back tongue.png

What it means is they don't stock enough and run out very quickly. Wouldn't want to sell too many you know as that could increase profits.

And when it comes a big promotion/sale (where it's truly a good price cut) it seems within minutes of the sale beginning they are saying "moht laaeo." Don't take long to sell out the half dozen or so items they had in stock.

And when it comes a big promotion/sale (where it's truly a good price cut) it seems within minutes of the sale beginning they are saying "moht laaeo." Don't take long to sell out the half dozen or so items they had in stock.

That's describing loss leaders - and it's not just Thai stores that run out of them quick ;)

That's describing loss leaders - and it's not just Thai stores that run out of them quick wink.png

More like brief teasing.