Police arrest over 50 road racers at East Pattaya Highway

webfact

Police arrest over 50 road racers at East Pattaya Highway

race-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Sunday, a huge Police operation, involving over 50 Police Officers and Police Volunteers took place at Highway 36 where illegal road racing was thought to be taking place.

Police blocked the highway for a time where the road racers were situated and detained 31 men and 21 others who were aged under 18, consisting of 11 boys and 10 girls. A total of 15 vehicles, 14 pick-up’s and 1 car were seized by Police pending further investigations.

It is thought the racers meet every Saturday at the location and communicate with each other through a “Closed Group” on Facebook.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/154330/police-arrest-over-50-road-racers-at-east-pattaya-highway/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-10

Hwy 36.

It is in terrible condition and not fit for racing. They need to get onto the motorway extension or Jomtiem 2nd Rd.

Actually Pattaya 2nd Rd has been resurfaced and could be suitable, if a bit short.

Perhaps open up the Bira track, that is nearby.

So what will happen to this bunch of young racers, who care not one iota for Thai laws, nor the safety of other road users?

A short sharp shock is needed, to stop them and others who would do the same.

Suggest 2 weeks imprisonment, and a 3/5 year driving ban.

driving ban - in Thailand?clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

Hwy 36.

It is in terrible condition and not fit for racing. They need to get onto the motorway extension or Jomtiem 2nd Rd.

Actually Pattaya 2nd Rd has been resurfaced and could be suitable, if a bit short.

Perhaps open up the Bira track, that is nearby.

I agree. That highway 36 is so awful I avoid it whenever possible. Has to be almost the worst road around here.

Forget taking away non-existent licenses. Take away the cars, put in storage for a year. No car means no race.

They could race on somewhat newish Jomtien 2nd road too. Some good dips and noticed some suspension eating holes. Give me some entertainment from my balcony....

• Like 1

Well, Bangsaen (Chonburi) is the racing capital of Thailand. The annual race takes place next month and the guys are just warming up for that event. Nobody will get penalized, nobody will have their cars impounded it's just a show.

• Like 1

Looks like some kids just a in a bit of fun don't look like much harm really

There is a bike road race takes place on the slip road of hwy 36 as you come off motorway 7 in front of the regents school.

We have been through it a couple of times on the way home late at night and you don't see them until you drop off the bridge over the highway and then they are all over the road.

My greatest fear is that they are sometimes out of control and even if you slow down you nearly end up hitting them as they are weaving all over the road - the harm will actually come to them as in any confrontation between a bike and a car the bike will lose.

It is a great temptation to just keep going at normal speed come what may, but you would not want to take the consequences of having to confront about 50 of them when you have your family in the car.

no harm - my a*se

Edited by crobe

Well, Bangsaen (Chonburi) is the racing capital of Thailand. The annual race takes place next month and the guys are just warming up for that event. Nobody will get penalized, nobody will have their cars impounded it's just a show.

Only to the people of Bangsean.