NRC President confident reforms will be accomplished within expected time frame

webfact

Before you die maybe read the topic with "POLL: Most Thai support NCPO" ?

BTW I think a true democrat would scream "bloody murder" with a part of the population wanting to have a billionair who has a reputation of taking care of himself. A criminal fugitive who controlled both the Yingluck government, his Pheu Thai party and directed what they were supposed to do. The January 2013 New York Times article would turn all true democrats away from Thaksin. IMHO

According to the life expectancy of a Dutch male, I have a whopping 39 years to read it, however I did read it,

Actually I even posted on that very thread, which makes me wonder if you read the thread carefully, or only the posts you happen to agree with.

As to the billionaire you are referring to, it's not like Yingluck made her ties and alliance with this particular "criminal" a secret !

Anyway, you probably don't have the slightest clue how opinion poles are conducted and when such a pole has even a remote chance of credibility. Hint, a poll conducted on 626 community leaders isn't. Not only is the number of people polled uncredible, the make off of the people polled isn't either.

Of course I support my argument with real elections in which over 27 million members of the Thai electorate have casts their votes, yet you return with 626 community leaders being polled by the Junta.

Maybe to remain at least a bit credible, you should refrain from even mentioning this opinion pole ? At the end of the day opinion poles don't settle the balance of power, elections do, so you frankly have absolutely nothing to support your silly argument.

Speaking of billionaires, it seems the dear leader has an accummalated wealth way far above his yearly salary, but I suppose corruption isn't the reason right ? Or maybe he's been a general for 600 years or so.

Silly uncle rubl...

Edit to add: I don't support Thaksin, and I believe he is corrupt to the core. However there is very strong evidence to suggest he and his proxies have massive electoral support. As a true democrat I cannot and should not ignore this. Any country and electorate gets the government they deserve.

I also have no doubts that the competition is equally corrupt to the core, evidence of this is hardly scarce.

This.

You're right that these polls are not representitive of the population. What next?

Measuring the average IQ of Thais with a poll of 200 Phd students?

sjaak327, the Dutch are known to speak very good English, but maybe not all write it as good you make me tell. And for sure, whatever your opinions might be, they seem to be personal, not like those of many others knitting on a same imposed pattern, and I respect you for it, anyway, I could not hang you for a 'poll', but, mind you, you could be hung on a 'pole'. Knipoogje (Dutch, 'a blink' in English, for the moderators).

Edited by bangrak

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Under the military council's road map toward democracy, a new constitution must be in place by October next year. During this period, the NRC is required to draw up guidelines and proposals for reform in 11 areas. If the reforms are not completed the next government will take over.

Now if one can believe the PTP's four promises to pay the farmers BEFORE the PDRC started protesting without questioning the PTP and believe the PTP promise that the amnesty WILL bring reconciliation without questioning the PTP (even though both were lies) then to believe the NRC to complete reforms by October next year will be a walk in the park for the bitter and twisted 7% supporters and the Junta with the backing of the majority (not a 7% majority like the hardcore red shirts or the 43% majority like the 2011 election results) we will see a better and brighter and PEACEFUL Thailand.

I for one hope to see this completed in the timeframe for the betterment of Thai society and just as I did not offer sarcasm or condescension when the PTP promised the above I will save it however for if they fail which, mark my words, I certainly did for the PTP when they broke there promise. Again because they failed Thai society.

Seems some follow the PTP mindset and forget about the betterment of society and only give agenda driven sarcastic remarks. Why not? It is all they have left.

If the Junta fails Thai society, what are the consequences for it? Just another coup?

sjaak327, the Dutch are known to speak very good English, but maybe not all write it as good you make me tell. And for sure, whatever your opinions might be, they seem to be personal, not like those of many others knitting on a same imposed pattern, and I respect you for it, anyway, I could not hang you for a 'poll', but, mind you, you could be hung on a 'pole'. Knipoogje (Dutch, 'a blink' in English, for the moderators).

You sure got me there ! It is indeed a poll and not a pole. Having said that, I am pretty sure all (including the nitpickers) got my message, and that is really all that matters.

Edited by sjaak327

BTW I think a true democrat would scream "bloody murder" with a part of the population wanting to have a billionair who has a reputation of taking care of himself. A criminal fugitive who controlled both the Yingluck government, his Pheu Thai party and directed what they were supposed to do. The January 2013 New York Times article would turn all true democrats away from Thaksin. IMHO

According to the life expectancy of a Dutch male, I have a whopping 39 years to read it, however I did read it,

Actually I even posted on that very thread, which makes me wonder if you read the thread carefully, or only the posts you happen to agree with.

As to the billionaire you are referring to, it's not like Yingluck made her ties and alliance with this particular "criminal" a secret !

Anyway, you probably don't have the slightest clue how opinion poles are conducted and when such a pole has even a remote chance of credibility. Hint, a poll conducted on 626 community leaders isn't. Not only is the number of people polled uncredible, the make off of the people polled isn't either.

Of course I support my argument with real elections in which over 27 million members of the Thai electorate have casts their votes, yet you return with 626 community leaders being polled by the Junta.

Maybe to remain at least a bit credible, you should refrain from even mentioning this opinion pole ? At the end of the day opinion poles don't settle the balance of power, elections do, so you frankly have absolutely nothing to support your silly argument.

Speaking of billionaires, it seems the dear leader has an accummalated wealth way far above his yearly salary, but I suppose corruption isn't the reason right ? Or maybe he's been a general for 600 years or so.

Silly uncle rubl...

Edit to add: I don't support Thaksin, and I believe he is corrupt to the core. However there is very strong evidence to suggest he and his proxies have massive electoral support. As a true democrat I cannot and should not ignore this. Any country and electorate gets the government they deserve.

I also have no doubts that the competition is equally corrupt to the core, evidence of this is hardly scarce.

Silly or not, but your last two lines seem to show some confusion.

Proxies with electoral support cannot be ignored, but only to allow them to be what (some in the) country want. With Brucy always saying "history teaches us", it would seem you would allow even a Silvio Berlusconi to re-emerge as some people in Italy still like the 77 year old convict.

The really interesting part is in the last sentence. The 'competition' is equally corrupt, but that doesn't stop you from defending the proxies.

Personally I would have thought that a 'real' democrat would want to safeguard the weak points of democracy. Like the ability of ruthless people to manipulate the system to the point they can abolish the system 'for the good of the people'.

Anyway, reforms are on the way to build a more solid foundation for democracy in Thailand.

• Like 1

You have lost it-- you were ok before---well- desperation and drvie the mind into stange places.

First of all let me thank you for your kind words.

One thing puzzles me a bit though. What do you think I lost? With me not even aware I lost something how could that possibly relate to 'desperation' apart from (again) not being aware of desperation. Well, maybe a little bit, on the side of responders like you, who do not have objective, valid arguments and just reply in a more personal attack.

BTW imagination helps to travel to strange places if only in mind. People even buy books others write about these travels.

Silly uncle rubl...

Silly or not, but your last two lines seem to show some confusion.

Proxies with electoral support cannot be ignored, but only to allow them to be what (some in the) country want. With Brucy always saying "history teaches us", it would seem you would allow even a Silvio Berlusconi to re-emerge as some people in Italy still like the 77 year old convict.

The really interesting part is in the last sentence. The 'competition' is equally corrupt, but that doesn't stop you from defending the proxies.

Personally I would have thought that a 'real' democrat would want to safeguard the weak points of democracy. Like the ability of ruthless people to manipulate the system to the point they can abolish the system 'for the good of the people'.

Anyway, reforms are on the way to build a more solid foundation for democracy in Thailand.

I believed the 2007 constitution already provided the tools to deal with people that abuse the system. Remember who exactly drafted that one.

That's why your optimism is a tad misplaced. I personally believe they will introduce a "democracy Thai style" where they ensure that the government has limited power and certain people can meddle and obstruct behind the scenes, even though they never received a mandate for doing so.