Thap Lan National Park's cold weather attracts throngs of tourists

webfact

Thap Lan National Park’s cold weather attracts throngs of tourists

PRACHINBURI, 10 November 2014 (NNT) - Drawn to the cold weather, thousands of tourists have flocked to Thap Lan National Park, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Thap Lan National Park overlaps the boundaries of Prachinburi and Nakhon Ratchasima provinces. More than 5,000 tourists have gone down to the area for a nightly camping experience and to visit other attractions nearby including the Thap Lan Reservoir and the Keb Tawan Cliff, generating higher levels of income for business operators.

According to the Thap Lan National Park chief Mr. Taywin Meesap, the cold season is usually a time bustling with tourists. He also said the park is located near Wang Nam Khiao, which is a famous forested area in Thailand that ranks 7th in the world for having the best ozone levels.

Meanwhile, there are also other noteworthy attractions such as the Man Fah Waterfall and the Keb Tawan Cliff. The most striking feature of the national park is the scenic terrain of millions of Talipot Palm trees, which is where the park derives its name from. Apart from that, the park is also teeming with wild creatures such as elephants, gaurs, red bulls, and tigers.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-10 footer_n.gif

Apart from that, the park is also teeming with wild creatures such as elephants, gaurs, red bulls, carabao daeng and tigers.

TEEM :be full of or swarming with."every garden is teeming with wildlife"
synonyms: be full of, be filled with, be alive with, be brimming with, abound in, be swarming with, be aswarm with;

Perhaps a slight exaggeration.One might say the Serengeti is teeming with wildebeest and zebra at certain times of the year.

The only things in Thailand that teem are the occasional rainstorm and Bangkok's notorious traffic.

I fear much of the wildlife has been poached, stolen or is in deep hiding well away from humans.

• Like 1

7th best ozone level in the world?. So, what does that mean and why aren't they first?

It sound like a great place to wander around and sleep out at night. Tigers, elephants, red bulls and gaurs all knocking about. What's a gaur? Showing my ignorance.

7th best ozone level in the world?. So, what does that mean and why aren't they first?

It sound like a great place to wander around and sleep out at night. Tigers, elephants, red bulls and gaurs all knocking about. What's a gaur? Showing my ignorance.

A wild cow type thingy Ha...............summat like that.

Apart from that, the park is also teeming with wild creatures such as elephants, gaurs, red bulls, carabao daeng and tigers.

TEEM :be full of or swarming with."every garden is teeming with wildlife"
synonyms: be full of, be filled with, be alive with, be brimming with, abound in, be swarming with, be aswarm with;

Perhaps a slight exaggeration.One might say the Serengeti is teeming with wildebeest and zebra at certain times of the year.

The only things in Thailand that teem are the occasional rainstorm and Bangkok's notorious traffic.

I fear much of the wildlife has been poached, stolen or is in deep hiding well away from humans.

Go back and read post #9 that you made on this forum topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753257-met-dept-forecasts-heavy-rains-in-thailands-north-and-isaan/

Weren't you the one who told other members here to not find fault on news articles? Yet you're doing it yourself directly on this thread. You're such a hypocrite.

TEEM :be full of or swarming with."every garden is teeming with wildlife"synonyms: be full of, be filled with, be alive with, be brimming with, abound in, be swarming with, be aswarm with;

Go back and read post #9 that you made on this forum topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753257-met-dept-forecasts-heavy-rains-in-thailands-north-and-isaan/

Weren't you the one who told other members here to not find fault on news articles? Yet you're doing it yourself directly on this thread. You're such a hypocrite.

The first sentence seems to have been sufficient enough.

A wild cow type thingy Ha...............summat like that.

I used to be married to one then!! 55555

How does this rate as a news item ???

Oh didnt you notice ? Thap Lan National Park, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site..... it must be special, please visit and leave your 300bht as a farang at the gate whistling.gif

I always miss these places, never go anywhere interesting.

According to the font of all knowledge that is Wikipedia, Thap Lan National Park may have more tigers than China!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thap_Lan_National_Park

Flora includes palm forests. Mammals that thrive within the park are boar, clouded leopards, deer, elephants, and spotted linsang. Avifauna include lapwings, laughing thrushes, and myna. According to researchers, the park may have more tigers than China.

So classing ones own citizens as tourists is a way to boost a flagging department it seems !!

The only reason this article calls them tourists is because they are tourists. If I live in Manchester and go to see the White Cliffs of Dover, I'm a tourist. If I live in New York and go to see the grand canyon, I'm a tourist. People who live somewhere and go elsewhere for recreational reasons are tourists. Why should the definition be different for Thailand?

• Like 1

Really? I am Scottish and I visit another place in Scotland that makes me a tourist ? Well knock me down with a feather then Thaialnd doesn't need to worry about quality tourists then as they have 64 Million of their own they can send to various locations to boost facts and figures then !!!

Sorry but your definition differs from mine but that's your prerogative. In almost every other country a tourist is pretty much defined as a visitor from another country?

Belong to a country your living in and going to another place within that country doesn't change your RESIDENCY status ?

I do know where your coming from with this though

Edited by Fat Haggis

Really? I am Scottish and I visit another place in Scotland that makes me a tourist ? Well knock me down with a feather then Thaialnd doesn't need to worry about quality tourists then as they have 64 Million of their own they can send to various locations to boost facts and figures then !!!

Sorry but your definition differs from mine but that's your prerogative. In almost every other country a tourist is pretty much defined as a visitor from another country?

Belong to a country your living in and going to another place within that country doesn't change your RESIDENCY status ?

I used something called the internet to look up the definiton of tourst. This is the first definition from Merriam Webster: a person who travels to a place for pleasureso no, a tourist isn't defined as a person from another country who travels for pleasure. you can find similar definitions from other sources. Certainly once someone stays at a hotel overnight and has traveled to the destination for pleasure, there is no way that person is not a tourist.

I thought they were 'holiday makers' in the UK or 'day trippers".