School Options For 3 Year Old

rhk

We will be relocating to Bangkok in Mid September. Before we finalize the house, want to explore schooling options for our 3 year old daughter.

Have couple of questions:

a) What is the normal schooling age in Thailand for International schools.

:o At 3years she would be 1 year prior to Kindergarten (Grade K), so what would be the best options...considering we maybe in BKK for 3-4 years and would not want to change residence later.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks

18 months to 2 1/2 years seems to be normal Nursery School starting age here at both Thai and International schools I believe (although only contact with International is a quick Google). You will get a few good lists/information with a Google of kindergarten Bangkok.

Before we finalize the house............................

I think it would be useful for you and people who reply if you could mention the locality you have in mind so that they can recommend you better places.

Guardian

Yes where ??

My son started at 3 in the school near my home, it seems to be a great little school and he loves it.

Started in nursery, then would not sleep in the afternoons so they booted him into K1 for the afternoon session and he picked up things very quickly, then a few months after starting they put him into K1 full time, now in a couple of weeks he moves to k2 at 4yo.

The school is good at being flexible and teaching the kids to think and decide stuff for themselves.

But depends on your area as this is not a central Sukhumvit school.

It is international, all the focus is on English, but they do 3 afternoons a week of Thai and 1 afternoon of Chinese.

Thanks for a quick reply...we have not yet decided the area and thats whta i mentioned...we are looking at something central on Sukumvit, but want to ensure school before finalizing. So would appreciate if you can comment keeping central BKK (Sukhumvit) in mind.

thanks