Did i break the law? (defamation/cheating girl)

razorramone

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook will only disclose your ip address if there is a case against you in the USA.

If you get an official summoning here is what you do

1. Deactivate your Facebook account

2. Deny deny deny

3. they won't be able to prove anything.

Screenshot is not enough evidence, they have to prove that the account actually belongs to you. The only way she can get it confirmed is by Facebook, they need a US court ruling, yeah if she was the daughter of thaksin or something she would go after you in the US court, but she's most likely some broke thai girl.

Just tell them that the account doesn't belong to you, say that someone created a fake profile in your name. If they can't link that account to you then it means such an event never happened!

Absolutely correct. Admit zero.

This is as goof a reason as to why to have ccleaner and to not keep passwords logged in.

Imagine if the coppers took your computer tomorrow for any reason, and what would they find

I don't understand admitting to slander here......

Of course it's slander and defamation in Thailand EVEN IF TRUE.....ok, now you know that....this is why we can't name business names with negative comments on TV....anyhow, you learned......

Never go to the police station on your own.....no good lawyer would ever recommend doing the work for them.

I say be quiet, let her keep whatever, let this pass, and never ever do this again...

i don't have a facebook or twitter......not sure what good comes of those things....

if the police don't need your computer.......maybe get a new computer down the road.

Edited by puukao

I'm sure she knows where he works, so all the advice about moving residence and changing phone number, I wonder how much it would help.

I mean if one were taking that approach to a solution.

You would also have to say "and quit your job".

BTW what kind of work do you do ?

• Like 1

I'm sure she knows where he works, so all the advice about moving residence and changing phone number, I wonder how much it would help.

I mean if one were taking that approach to a solution.

You would also have to say "and quit your job".

BTW what kind of work do you do ?

Point was, he was not summoned but bluffed.

Yes she went to police station and filed a report, just as millions of other people do and it gets filed and goes into a dustbin.

He did not listen to advise and went to police station, made himself known and provided all the real information.

Even if she did know where he worked, she would have to take a lawyer and file a civil case, because this hardly would be a criminal case.

With half brained lawyer, if he decides NOT to listen again and go to police tomorrow, he should be able to close the matter with police and if she wanted to continue she would have to file civil case, which costs money.

You can call me vindictive or childish, but I met this girls friends, family, all to find out she has a long term boyfriend elsewhere? I'm not just going to take it and move on, like a b..ch.

Would posting about it on Facebook trying to get 'revenge' not be a bitch act?

It seems very childish and bitter.

Young girls often tend to have more than one boyfriend, but so what. I'm assuming you didn't marry the girl or make any serious long time commitment to her, it's up to her how many boyfriends she has.

What I can't understand is why someone at 25 years old and living in Thailand doesn't also have more than one g/f?

I thought it was mandatory.

Even many girls I've dated in Thailand expect me to have other girls on the go. They'd almost be disappointed if you didn't as it would imply there was something wrong with you. thumbsup.gif

But that contradicts the "she'll cut off your penis and feed it to the ducks" belief.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You can call me vindictive or childish, but I met this girls friends, family, all to find out she has a long term boyfriend elsewhere? I'm not just going to take it and move on, like a b..ch.

Would posting about it on Facebook trying to get 'revenge' not be a bitch act?

It seems very childish and bitter.

Young girls often tend to have more than one boyfriend, but so what. I'm assuming you didn't marry the girl or make any serious long time commitment to her, it's up to her how many boyfriends she has.

25 years old and living in Thailand doesn't also have more than one g/f?

I thought it was mandatory.

Even many girls I've dated in Thailand expect me to have other girls on the go. They'd almost be disappointed if you didn't as it would imply there was something wrong with you. alt=thumbsup.gif>

' I thought it was mandatory' - priceless cheesy.gifclap2.gif

razorramone... after some 190 responses to your post I think you have received all the worthwhile advice you are going to get. It appears you have already made up your mind what you're going to do. My guess is you had your mind made up before the OP & just looking for some sympathy.

Don't you think this post has just about run it's course.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Talk to her. Tell her she can keep the money.

Tell that you agree to disagree and that you don't want to meet each other anymore.

Tell the police that you don't know anything about that facebook message if she would keep on bringing it up.

If she shows it - say : I don't know where did you get that from? Act stupid.

You should go to sit one day in a Thai police station,

you'll hear about murders, robberies, deadly accidents, large scale scams, fights, big drug deals, people getting shot, ...

They have almost no time to make a report about everything.

Unless they get paid, they will be not be very interested in the whole thing.

Don't sign anything that you can't read.

Edited by kriswillems

Tell the police that you don't know anything about that facebook message if she would keep on bringing it up.

If she shows it - say : I don't know where did you get that from? Act stupid.

You should go to sit one day in a Thai police station,

you'll hear about murders, robberies, deadly accidents, large scale scams, fights, big drug deals, people getting shot, ...

They have almost no time to make a report about everything.

Unless they get paid, they will be not be very interested in the whole thing.

I agree with you that it's in the OP's best interests to keep the lines of communication with his ex-girlfriend open.

If this case gets referred to court, it's going to be a judge (not a police officer) who's going to decide whether the evidence has merit. Claiming that someone hacked into your Facebook account and just happened to slander your girlfriend who you just happened to have just broken up with....well...would you believe that defense if you were a judge?

I totally agree that in the greater scheme of things a defamation claim between two former lovers is not going to fall very high on the priority list of most police. After all there isn't any bodily injury or property damage. But with that said, my experience has been that the police seem to take these defamation complaints more seriously than you might otherwise imagine. (I've been involved in two defamation cases; one in Bangkok, one upcountry) If the girlfriend is determined to press charges, and has hardcopy printouts of what the OP wrote on her Facebook page, I don't think the police are going to have much leeway to ignore the girlfriend's complaint.

you can always go the other way, you were madly in love and she had promised to marry you so you had been giving her money towards your future betrothment.

That's still admitting statutory rape. (giving money to girl under 20 in return for sex, in this case first year uni student = 18)

no its not, the money is towards the wedding and their future, it is not a payment for sex if these are the reasons of payment or are you saying young couples are not allowed to save towards a wedding or they are commiting an offence, besides she is over 18 so it is legal for them to marry and how else are they supposed to save if he doesnt give her money to bank for the wedding, he just has to be convincing thats what it was for.

Edited by seajae

Si Thea01: Yes I am sure about the boyfriend. She admitted it to me. Plus it is all over her social media pages... she just engineered it so I couldn't see.

What did I say: Something like 'your girlfriend has been seeing me for six months'. I did lose my temper and also call her a liar, and say her behaviour was ugly. And attached it to a photo of us to prove I wasnt lying. That was all. Her boyfriend never responded, then I deleted everything. She says I damaged her reputation. I suppose I did, but I was furious, she told me a very elaborate lie to pull all this off.

Who asked me to come to the station: she did. But at the station the police confirmed this. Didnt charge me, it sounded like they want to mediate between us, and some of the police were joking about me and her. But hey perhaps it's all a ruse and they will charge me once she is present/have the paperwork. I will take a lawyer with me for sure.

What does she have: Name, number, address.

You can call me immature, but how would some of you react if a girl was seeing you for half a year, and you find out that her, her friends, and family have all been hiding the fact she has a boyfriend. Even shagging us in the same weekend! Hell... she could have just told me at the start and we would be f-buddies. Sure this is thailand, but i think some of you would be pretty annoyed about it.

Yes I would too and then I would keep her for one purpose only.

• Like 1

Si Thea01: Yes I am sure about the boyfriend. She admitted it to me. Plus it is all over her social media pages... she just engineered it so I couldn't see.

What did I say: Something like 'your girlfriend has been seeing me for six months'. I did lose my temper and also call her a liar, and say her behaviour was ugly. And attached it to a photo of us to prove I wasnt lying. That was all. Her boyfriend never responded, then I deleted everything. She says I damaged her reputation. I suppose I did, but I was furious, she told me a very elaborate lie to pull all this off.

Who asked me to come to the station: she did. But at the station the police confirmed this. Didnt charge me, it sounded like they want to mediate between us, and some of the police were joking about me and her. But hey perhaps it's all a ruse and they will charge me once she is present/have the paperwork. I will take a lawyer with me for sure.

What does she have: Name, number, address.

Right, IF you skip town, do a 'disappearing' act there is a chance, if she follows it up, that the cops can go to your apartment, hotel, guesthouse etc and get your passport details (unless you were smart enough to BS your p.p. number and name).

This could mean you're pulled in at the airport when you try to leave the country IF she throws money at the police who pass it on to the higher levels (which I doubt). Then there's the fact you work in the town (at a school no doubt) and she knows where you work too.

So my earlier advice to blow town isn't so sensible now you've mentioned that.

Good luck.

Edited by mitsubishi

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well, today is Thursday.

Let's see what the OP has to say after his visit to the police.

That is, If he is let out after the visit?

• Like 1

Do not take your passport with you... do not give it to anyone.. Your passport is your freedom.

As far as you are concerned your passport is lost if asked.

There is no way I would be going this is a shake down.

If you have the money I would be filling charges against her for the loss of face you received as she was cheating on you and your whole family found out and you were planning to marry her. Also all your farang friends from TV found out also.. sounds like a good story. Worth a shot if you want to spend some cash and might get rid of her.

Facebook is full of the same stuff the Op mentioned,not too smart but i doubt very much the authorities will take this serious.

My GF did some checking on Facebook and she says this kind of behaviour is seen a lot.

Nobody cares.

• Like 1

I agree with the others that going to the police station is a bad idea. Let them come to you.

I am going to take this even further. If you moved out of your apartment tomorrow, changed your phone number, closed your FB, could she find you? Without certain personal information how could she find you and bring a case against you? The police aren't going to waste their time tracking you for this silly offense. As for the money she "borrowed". Sorry, that was a gift.