Light the Blue Touch Paper...!

JLT

OK - 15 reasons why I love living in Thailand (and before you ask; yes I've been here a few years now, yes can speak a little Thai and yes, married to a Thai woman). Any more to add?

• Standing up in cinemas for the King’s song
  • Respect for the monarchy
  • The beautiful temples
  • The warm weather
  • Friendly locals
  • Beautiful Thai women
  • Delicious food
  • It’s a melting pot of people
  • Spiritual beliefs
  • The night life
  • Street food
  • Ice in my beer
  • Learning to deal with (and enjoy) the chaos
  • Never really understanding the politics of the country
  • Reading what the trolls and crazies say on Thai Visa

I agree with one of them.

Warm weather!

That and Beautiful Thai women!

I combined a few: A warm night in a Thai restaurant with beautiful waitresses that bring me good food and cold beer. It's my favorite thing to do that I can discuss in mixed company.

Edited by heybruce

hmm After three years living in Thailand none of the above list really impresses me. I am planning to go home for Christmas for 6 months, not sure if Ill be returning any time soon but I am looking forward to western living again and great western food, clean air, and not having to be on full alert all the time especially after living in Bangkok.

Also I never did the bar scene as it was dirty, I had a Thai girl friend though, But I can't wait to get myself a blond girl at home. I miss blonds.

No more hassle of touts, humidity overload and no rights. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Timinuk
  • Like 1

Spiritual beliefs? Unless you mean an actual belief in spirits/ghosts, you've really lost me on this one.

I won't participate in any religion that requires me to kneel in front of a guy wearing a dress.

Personally I would shorten that statement to "I won't participate in any religion" biggrin.png

• Like 1

I CAN'T STAND ice in beer and I am not even a big drinker. To me, it completely ruins the taste.

I like you Ulysses, but you have a lot to learn about drinking. We don't drink beer for the taste, we drink it to get drunk ; )

The ice makes it really cold and if taste mattered I'd have to give up Thai beer.

I agree with your sentiments. I drink beer for the buzz and not the taste however I still hate ice in my beer. When I share a few bottles with some friends they only get half a glass of beer as the rest is ice. I on the other hand get a full glass of beer. I drink mine just as fast as they drink theirs so I get twice as much beer as everyone else biggrin.png

Good list. With the exception of the ice in the beer and the temples. I like them but got Templed out after a while. I would say to one degree or another I like the rest especially the respect for the king. Kind of surprised some of the others don't like the respect for the King.

My favorite is

Reading what the trolls and crazies say on Thai Visa

I can now add a lot of other things that they don't like but continue to live here. Must have been Hell where they came from.

• Like 1

• Standing up in cinemas for the King’s song > couldnt give a hoot even if it was elvis

• Respect for the monarchy > couldnt give a hoot

The beautiful temples > boring, seen one seen them all

The warm weather > Agree

Friendly locals > agree, but not so much in Bangkok

Beautiful Thai women > Thats why i married one

Delicious food > yes its nice when cooked properly, but i also like hamburgers and pizza

It’s a melting pot of people > Tourists, no thanks

Spiritual beliefs > you mean Hocus Pocus. More trouble than its worth ( Im married into a strongly religous family)

The night life > Prefer to wake up early and play with my family

Street food > Rats and cockroaches clearly visable while eating...

Ice in my beer > Only if you gotta drive

Learning to deal with (and enjoy) the chaos > How is this enjoyable? Shopping on weekdays, weekends hide at home away from the masses

Never really understanding the politics of the country > Agree

Reading what the trolls and crazies say on Thai Visa > Kills the slow night shifts at work

mmm, why am i here again.

• Like 2

I wrote this post wondering if it would get a rise from the "usual suspects".

My thanks to all the crazies and trolls (with the exception of Northern John and CM Homeboy 78) for not failing to disappoint and providing me with some amusement.clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1