Frozen food in Thailand

mrtoad

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deep freeze (minus 20) keeps meat for years. We put raw meat in and don't even worry about dates. Never sick ....but this is in the UK with a stable power supply!

I disagree, have you ever heard of freezer burn ,Caused by storing meat, fish to long. it actually dries it out.

I would never buy frozen food in Thailand , the food probably been melting several times during power cuts that can go on for minutes or hours , very common here.

Buy everything fresh and freeze it yourself , at least you know how your food has been stored.

• Like 2

Deep freeze (minus 20) keeps meat for years. We put raw meat in and don't even worry about dates. Never sick ....but this is in the UK with a stable power supply!

I disagree, have you ever heard of freezer burn ,Caused by storing meat, fish to long. it actually dries it out.

Oh. Perhaps that's why someone got sick from a previously frozen Chico roll ???

Slightly dried-out chicken caused them serious bacterial complications. coffee1.gif

Edited by RandomSand

I've knowingly sampled one frozen ready meal in LOS. It was a CP frozen fish and rice dish from a cafe. The rice and sauce were okay but one bite of the fish stopped me in my tracks.

I invited my wife to taste it and even she turned her nose up, and that's saying something.

Edited by wooloomooloo

As i would, by the way, never drink a beer older than 3 months from the filling date, the question of the chico roll or other burritos one year out of date doesn't ever reach the quality clearance section of my brain

CG44 Looks like Freddie Mercury is after your Chico Roll.

I would eat it, i eat much stuff here that wouldn't pass the European rules. Also i wonder how many of you guys ate that without knowing. I haven't been sick since i was in India 20 years ago.

As i wrote here before, i have seen whole freezers in the Makro being defrosted EVERYTHING was soft and about roomtemperature. Also i bought frozen fish there which was like 70% water, it was almost totally gone after defrosting.

I also bring food to Thailand which we freeze again, i know it's not recommended but who cares. I also don't want to know what happens in thai restaurants with my food.

If i was starting a new topic each time I see an idiotic behavior, this server would be overloaded.

Don't be boring. Think about the knowledge gained, the information learned. smile.png . The memories - haven't had a Chiko roll in 25 years.

Remember the old fashioned Dim Sim?....eat an old one of them and its like a startled flock of pigeons flying out your bum.

• Like 1