Frozen food in Thailand

mrtoad

Chiko has beans, barley, ummm...carrots?

Some meat(ish) product(s), batter, oil, salt, pepper...then the rest is anyones guess.

Oww, cabbage...maybe?

All I know is the chicky babe bending over the Harley selling them 30 years ago probably still looks good.

Ps, don't let the brown rain turn you off Chikos.

So basically the Australian version of a Gregg's Cornish Pasty. biggrin.png

Greggs make Pasties but not Cornish ones.

Hmm sorry not familiar with Greggs, but I went to school with a guy named Greg. Nice guy.

Cornish pasties I am well familiar with. This part of South Australia is steeped with Cornish copper mining history and they enjoyed a Cornish pasty for lunch. I've heard the twist on top was so they wouldn't get the pastie dirty?

Thing with Chikos the secret was in the battered outside. Deliciously goldern chewy crust once dunked in hot oil.

Awful if it's a year old.

The paper bag would have been eadible I guess.

Is that Greg from Sydney, if so I think that I might know him as well. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Makes me wonder how a once fresh batch of Chikos goes forgotten for a whole year?

He must be turning Thai I think.

Anyway I'm cooking butterfly leg of lamb marinated in Greek seasoning on the Webber tonight.

Delicious as a Chiko Roll.

• Like 1

Makes me wonder how a once fresh batch of Chikos goes forgotten for a whole year?

Anyway I'm cooking butterfly leg of lamb marinated in Greek seasoning on the Webber tonight.

I dread to think what Greek seasoning is. Is it fresh from Costas?

Speaking of name changes ... these poor buggers got it wrong.

4953904f-02e3-42a7-8310-8f2e1ac1788c_16x

The Belgium chocolate maker "ISIS Chocolates" has changed its name to "Libeert" after the company experienced a slump in sales due to its name association with the Islamic terrorist group.

The company was founded in 1923 as "Italo Suisse" but the name was changed to "ISIS" at the close of last year because the chocolate maker was no longer associated to either Italy or Switzerland.

Here

Speaking of name changes ... these poor buggers got it wrong.

4953904f-02e3-42a7-8310-8f2e1ac1788c_16x

The Belgium chocolate maker "ISIS Chocolates" has changed its name to "Libeert" after the company experienced a slump in sales due to its name association with the Islamic terrorist group.

The company was founded in 1923 as "Italo Suisse" but the name was changed to "ISIS" at the close of last year because the chocolate maker was no longer associated to either Italy or Switzerland.

Here

I worked for a builder called Isis here in Aus who got hurled enough abuse they also changed their name I believe.

You have to wonder how some people associate chocolate with war.

Deep freeze (minus 20) keeps meat for years. We put raw meat in and don't even worry about dates. Never sick ....but this is in the UK with a stable power supply!

I disagree, have you ever heard of freezer burn ,Caused by storing meat, fish to long. it actually dries it out.

That is true ,,,only if the product is not wrapped (airtight and sealed),,,go to Antarctica they found frozen food and meat wrapped and sealed after 5/10 years that was as fresh as the day they got it from the shop.

Post removed:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Post removed:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Someone must have claimed Gregg's make nice pasties. :o

Just as a matter of interest, where do you buy your lamb from? I can't recall seeing it for sale in any of the supermarkets I go to.

I eat " fresh fruit " and " fresh steamed vegetables " every day! ( all washed and cooked by myself with other dishes! ) i only eat " fresh food " ( tinned,frozen & farang food never ! ) I don't really see the point in coming to live in Thailand and then eat " farang food " It's as ridiculous as not going outside because it's too hot and wasting the whole day sitting indoors in " air con "

Farang Jaidee wub.png

You might want to try a bit of protein if that is you in your avatar. Try a steak, or some chicken or fish.

You're all skin and bones.

...and today was too hot, so I stayed inside and played Call of Duty online with the air conditioner at 18. It was awesome.

It's all out of his budget. He only spends 6000 baht a month all in Edited by mrtoad

I eat " fresh fruit " and " fresh steamed vegetables " every day! ( all washed and cooked by myself with other dishes! ) i only eat " fresh food " ( tinned,frozen & farang food never ! ) I don't really see the point in coming to live in Thailand and then eat " farang food " It's as ridiculous as not going outside because it's too hot and wasting the whole day sitting indoors in " air con "

Farang Jaidee wub.png

You might want to try a bit of protein if that is you in your avatar. Try a steak, or some chicken or fish.

You're all skin and bones.

...and today was too hot, so I stayed inside and played Call of Duty online with the air conditioner at 18. It was awesome.

It's all out of his budget. He only spends 6000 baht a month all in

Bugger, we drop that in one night of beer and skittles.

• Like 1