We are happier now, PM Prayut tells world leaders at Apec

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is not a question of happy or not This is a question of restoring democracy in a country that does not get it yet.

Lesson 1

If you have a majority government they rule for the period of time they have been elected Good bad or indifferent. You do not go to the streets to try and topple them because you don't like them Wait till the next election and vote them out This is real democracy

Case in point Obama is a lousy President The majority of Americans know he is a lair. So they neutralized him this past election by electing the opposition to power with a majority. He becomes a lame duck president No power.

Did you see Americans take to the streets and protest Yes some but they did not stop businesses they did not stop traffic. They protested peacefully and then went to the polls to help correct the situation.

Thais need to take a lesson from the voting play book rather than hurt business or other Thai citizens by trying to shut down a government This is dead wrong. This is not democracy This is Mob Rule and there is no place in society for something like this in a democracy.

If you don't like a leader say so with your vote.

This is true democracy

• Like 1

Ha Ha ha this will stick in your gullet. I can see one DIAMOND. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif...Also he is a JACK of all trades. No Queens though ? He is ACE. and the KING of clean ups. Has now the HEARTS of the people. Will CLUB the opposition ...........He calls a SPADE a SPADE.thumbsup.gif

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

We're happier now... said the wolf to the sheep, and we have more ways to make you even happier...

Yes indeed. This is more the Ministry of Propaganda and National Enlightenment (as in Goebbels) than the Ministry of Inane Remarks,

Our great Mikado, virtuous man,

When he to rule our land began,

Resolved to try

A plan whereby

Young men might best be steadied.

So he decreed, in words succinct,

That all who flirted, leered or winked

(Unless connubially linked),

Should forthwith be beheaded, beheaded, beheaded

Should forthwith be beheaded.

And I expect you'll all agree

That he was right to so decree.

And I am right,

And you are right,

And all is right as right can be!

CHORUS

And you are right.

And we are right,

And all is right, is right as right can be!

And all is right as right can be!

right as right can be!

From the Mikado, Act 1, parti iii. Worth checking the whole song, very good satire on any absolute leader and his mad decrees.

Hi red-shirts ! - there's nothing like a good article which has no significance except to bring out the personalities haters.

While you are all here, I would like to invite you to join in all the other threads which pop up. You know, the serious ones about what has happened to the country over the last few years. You might need to lift your game a little beyond the childish comments here - but I would love to see you try.

• Like 1

Are the farmers happy up in Chiang Mai ?

They weren't until their leaders were detained and set them straight and stopped the protest march.

Now they're happy because they were given a quick lesson in happiness junta style!

Goodness me. I thought you were referring to the very public tractor drive which came down to Bangkok amidst the big row over Pheu-Thai not paying the farmers because their populist policy was bankrupt. They promised they would not leave until they got paid.

You remember the one : they nearly got here then their leader suddenly said 'Everything is sorted out' and told them all to go back home again - even though they still didn't get paid anything. Instead of a lesson in morality, I have a feeling he took a lesson in selling out. What a good man : stuck to his red-shirt principles right to the end.

• Like 2

Silly question to ask the general. Of course he's happy, he has absolute power, including amnesty and his word goes no questions asked.

What some posters have been saying Thaksin was after has been easily achieved by the general. I suppose they aren't happy, or maybe they are, after all it's not Thaksin so it must be allright.

• Like 1

Lots of sarcastic comments so far which have no affect whatsoever on the "Happiness" factor.

I for one am extremely happy since the new Government and a real Prime Minister took over from the previous pack of lying thieves

government. But then again I would have been happy even if the Three Stooges took over. biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Or............

post-41816-0-67746600-1415776351_thumb.j

• Like 1

Silly question to ask the general. Of course he's happy, he has absolute power, including amnesty and his word goes no questions asked.

What some posters have been saying Thaksin was after has been easily achieved by the general. I suppose they aren't happy, or maybe they are, after all it's not Thaksin so it must be allright.

I've read some dumb things on here (especially this thread) but you really take the biscuit.

Once the General holds an election and hands over power, will you come back and admit how utterly wrong you were ?.

Of course you won't : you're as big a hypocrite as the rest of his supporters.

Anyone who has enough brain cells to actually follow the political situation knows Prayuth does not want this job at all. He has put his country above himself - about as different from Thaksin as you could get.

I've read some dumb things on here (especially this thread) but you really take the biscuit.

Once the General holds an election and hands over power, will you come back and admit how utterly wrong you were ?.

Anyone who has enough brain cells to actually follow the political situation knows Prayuth does not want this job at all. He has put his country above himself - about as different from Thaksin as you could get.

My post is 100% factual in regards to the powers that the general currenty enjoys. It is written in black and white in the interim constitution, so maybe read it before you accuse someone of being dumb.

As to Prayuth doing it for his country is highly debatable.

When and in what form he will eventually return power isn't relevant to the power he currently enjoys. And I doubt he will return full power to any future government, but of course we will just have to wait and see.

Have fun reading the constitution.

• Like 2

The Kind Ex-General probably doesn't know he is being ribbed by those leaders who asked if he is happy. I believe that is a reference to his "Bring Back Happiness to the Thai People" campaign. But the question was taken literally. Furthermore, I also wonder who the "WE" are.

He seems to be a man with absolutely no sense of irony.

laughable brainwashed post cheesy.gif you don't really believe what you just wrote right?

laughable brainwashed post cheesy.gif you don't really believe what you just wrote right?

You all HAVE to back one another up, then it looks like your a popular minority.

You all HAVE to back one another up, then it looks like your a popular minority.

It doen't matter if "we" would be a minority. After all Thaivisa isn't a deciding factor in who runs Thailand. I am guessing the majority of posters on here aren't Thai, so they would have zero influence in any case.

Of course even Thai TV posters or any other Thai for that matter have zero influence in who they deem fit to run their country, that is the reality of all of this.

Good to see you haven't stopped defending the general, after all the happiness should be defended at all costs.

• Like 1

It doen't matter if "we" would be a minority. After all Thaivisa isn't a deciding factor in who runs Thailand. I am guessing the majority of posters on here aren't Thai, so they would have zero influence in any case.

Of course even Thai TV posters or any other Thai for that matter have zero influence in who they deem fit to run their country, that is the reality of all of this.

Good to see you haven't stopped defending the general, after all the happiness should be defended at all costs.

We westerners are always deemed to be the brainiest in general. So how is it that the minority on TVF feels it has the best remedy.

We may not have any influence on politics here, so what on earth are you on about ?? If the PM is rolling along reasonably well even with rocky patches, even the military is better than the Shin regime, whether you think the Shins were democratic is another item. They were only elected---do not forget that-------good governance NO WAY JOSE'

• Like 1

Two of the World's most powerful leaders don't ask about economy, exports, security but "are you happy"? Righty-ho then... "I told all the leaders that Thailand was relatively peaceful now," So the southern provinces don't count then?

Your last sentence........how naive can one become ?

• Like 1

We westerners are always deemed to be the brainiest in general. So how is it that the minority on TVF feels it has the best remedy.

We may not have any influence on politics here, so what on earth are you on about ?? If the PM is rolling along reasonably well even with rocky patches, even the military is better than the Shin regime, whether you think the Shins were democratic is another item. They were only elected---do not forget that-------good governance NO WAY JOSE'

"We westerners are always deemed to be the brainiest in general."cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"So how is it that the minority on TVF feels it has the best remedy."

Minority? Have you been reading the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association polls again?