Another Horrible day at Khon Kaen Immigration.

Costas.....i envy you.

I live in Korat, and the immigration office where i have to report to,

is one of the most unfriendly, and non helping office's possibly in the whole country.

I know....i have choice's to move else where, but my gf and her family live here.

Oh the thing's we do for the love of a thai girl!

Any way, im happy you had such a good experience there.

All hail Costas....

Cheer's my friend.

P.S. I have this terrible itch in my croch, but i just cant seem to scratch it.....lol.

My experience at Korat Immigration has always been pretty good, through 7 Extensions of Stay, a few 90-day reports (I usually do not stay in country that long), and a couple of Certificates of Residency.

Surely some visits have been better than others, and I do see a bit of degradation of service this year; it also seems that their workload is a lot higher this year as well. I have also noticed a bit more of the queue jumpers with a stack of passports and paperwork...there really should be a "private" desk to deal with them.

My only personal comparison is with Suan Phlu in Bangkok...compared with that mess, Korat is great.

• Like 1

Yes, very good experience at Korat immigration, in and out in five

minutes on a 90 day report.....the real pisser is that it takes one

and a half hours driving each way for this brief encounter.

You live an hour and a half away from a post office?

They don't allow mail in reports.

Has anyone heard the story from the Immigration Officers side?

I have. They too have many horror stories to relate, especially at the airport counters when passengers arrive late for their flight.

Maybe after exposure to rude people continuously, they reciprocate similarly.

I think no human being is born nasty.

Just my 2 cents...

• Like 2

Alright. I get it. The Immigration Office you go to actually works.

I'm two weeks out on re-uping my retirement visa in Phuket.

Today we called a volunteer who works Phuket and asked him how it was going. He said it was still chaos, but getting better.

Chok dee krap.

They don't allow mail in reports.

Sorry I didn't know that. Last time I was there seems to me around 2006 they took them by mail too. I guess things change.

After reading the post about Korat Immigration office,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772329-very-disappointing-90-day-immigration-visit/

I would like to share with you what I suffered in Khon Kaen this morning.

Gone there to renew my 90 day extension on retirement visa.

From the time I parked, outside the Immigration office, till I came back to the car, took me exactly 11 minutes and 35 seconds.

That includes the photocopying of my passport, outside the office, by a cute girl that asked me to put whatever I liked in a box next to the photocopying machine.

Of course me, not being a cheap Charlie, put a whole 20Baht note.

Inside the office, I was greeted with a wai from one of the officers, that processed my last 2 extensions, and I was even asked how is my wife, as she wasn't there with me today.

Going out, I noticed that the woman officer had changed her hairstyle, so I obliged with a "sway" and in return I got a broad smile from her.

That's what some of us have to go through with these Immigration offices.

. Terrible story mate, do you think I'll have the same experience when renewing mine at jomtien? ..............i hope so but somehow doubt it
  • Like 1

Costas.....i envy you.

I live in Korat, and the immigration office where i have to report to,

is one of the most unfriendly, and non helping office's possibly in the whole country.

I know....i have choice's to move else where, but my gf and her family live here.

Oh the thing's we do for the love of a thai girl!

Any way, im happy you had such a good experience there.

All hail Costas....

Cheer's my friend.

P.S. I have this terrible itch in my croch, but i just cant seem to scratch it.....lol.

I found Korat Immi.very helpful in my hour of need.Suggested i interrupt their lunch hour so i could finish and be off.Also offered excellent advice on other matters.

One person says KK rocks, another has his balls broken. Hua Hin sucks for some whilst being the epitome of efficient courtesy for the next guy.

Maybe it's the Immigration department way of making you find your sweet spot, your nirvana here in LOS. Just keep changing to another locale whenever they give you a hard time until you get a visit with a happy ending (not THAT sort of happy ending!)

If we all do that, Phuket, Chiang Mai and Samui will be shot of all these pesky, whining farang blighters in next to no time. Question remains, where will they go next? I feel sorry for the likes of Nong Khai which will surely get the bulk of the complainers as there's just no way they would countenance a move to Pattaya with all it's hookers, murders and sexpats, especially the Chiang Mai crew.

• Like 1

happy for you, sadly many of us have to put up with very aggressive, rude and unpleasant IO

Dealing with these officials over the past 6 months (retirement extension) has seriously changed my attitude towards Thailand and that’s after quite a few decades here on Non o and Non B visas

Of course "quite a few" can't mean only 2 or 3. So... my God, how many decades have you been here?? o_O

Yeh, but your incredibly hansum, you told us soooooooo...............whistling.gif

Never boasted about how hansum I am......but the mirror cracked this morning as I was admiring myself..........

well, you mean the mirror were bursting out....when he saw you.......?

Such unabashed Thai Love...does not go unnoticed...

Time we had a person who started some posts about Thailand like, With the time you have spent in Thailand.........fraudulent...corrupt...dangerous...less than desirable...? Or Thailand came in 2nd...in the nations with the least tolerance of immigrants..

Have you considered most people have good experiences in Thailand as opposed to your bad ones?