Police nab Liberians for 200k black money scam

Lite Beer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it difficult to believe that there are people still falling for these old scams.

Every day my email spam inbox is loaded with scam mails and I just delete them. It amazes me how people can be so gullible.

There is truth in the old saying; there is one born every minute.

• Like 1

I find it difficult to believe that there are people still falling for these old scams.

Every day my email spam inbox is loaded with scam mails and I just delete them. It amazes me how people can be so gullible.

People who fall for these black money scam are greedy aswell as the scammers.

They want to make easy money.....But they won't tell you the truth after it fails.

People who fall for these black money scam are greedy aswell as the scammers.

They want to make easy money.....But they won't tell you the truth after it fails.

Some of the best entertainment I've had recently came from a poster on here who referred me to this website http://www.419eater.com/ about how to scam scammers. Very satisfying!!!

• Like 1

African males "hanging around" in many parts of Bangkok, with smart phones in hand and clearly not "working" and not old enough to be retired. I remember 2 or 3 years ago seeing a sign at thai immigration in BKK and at thai consulates in nearby countries a long list stating African passport holders had to apply for new Thai visa in their own country. Does this still apply.

Thailand seems like what we call in the IT trade a "honey pot" an unprotected computer on the net used to collect and observe potential hacks and exploits that compromise a computer.

What they need though is the FBI, Interpol, Scotland Yard etc watching this "honey pot" of a country.

They are obviously greedy and stupid.

Deserve to lose everything.

How could anyone with one ounce of intelligence believe a black money scam??

He was just trying to sell his boat, which in itself isn't greedy. The guy's naivety doesn't warrant such a harsh attitude from the resident collection of TV miserabilists.

He does

It's difficult to believe someone who can afford $1M for a boat doesn't have ready access to B200K to organize the transfer.

The Russian is as thick as a bricj

Is this for real? Russian wanting to sell a boat and he gives 200,000 baht to some idiot the first time they meet for the deal. when you sell something then are you not the one who should be getting cash? It surely works that way in Aussie. It was probably a $600,000 boat, they offer a million for it, and the extra he thought he was going to scam them for must have blind sided him. I guess he ended up the scamee. Stupid is as stupid does.

I have absolutely NO sympathy for those that get scammed here any longer. They are all <deleted> stupid greedy morons and deserve all they get for falling for these types of scams that have been going on for years and years.

You don't get something for nothing in this life.

To be fair to the Russian he was trying to sell a boat for an agreed price. He wasn't scamming any more than anyone else who tries to get the best price for their goods.

Immigration Police apprehend several foreign criminals hiding in Thailand

BANGKOK, 12 November 2014 (NNT) - The Thai Immigration Police have arrested two Liberian men who have escaped to Thailand in a black money scam. One of them also pretended that he was a Cabinet Minister from Ghana.

Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdi, the Acting Immigration Bureau Chief, announced that the police have arrested Mr. McArthur Kerry and Mr. John Hughes. The two Liberian men were responsible for swindling 200,000 baht from a Russian man and an additional $300,000 from him for a liquid to rinse off the black money.

According to the scam, the money has been sprayed with a black chemical to avoid detection from Customs officials. In order to re-use it again, the victim had to pay for a liquid solution to ‘rinse off the banknotes’. The Liberian conmen promised that they would refund the money later. Therefore, the Russian man turned to the Chonburi Immigration Police.

In a separate case, the police have also arrested Kwame Rasheed Jackson and David Jeremy Gall, both of whom have arrest warrants against them from the United States. The men were responsible for passport forgery, burglary, and engaging in unauthorized online transactions.

Thirdly, the police have apprehended Mr. Patrick Lagrou, a Belgian national who was been charged with marijuana cultivation and is now taking refuge in Phangnga province. Police would blacklist him from entering the country and deport him back to Belgium.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-11-12 footer_n.gif

It is this kind of cooperation that will make very difficult for the UK Police to do any fair investigation in the case of the young couple crime, even if its results shows that the 2 burmese guys may be innocent.

I am stunned that this Stupid scam is still around?? I suppose it could work with Russians as most of them do not have experience or knowledge of this sort of scams, being isolated by language barriers and other issues for so long.