House Number Plates

dru2

Hey Dru2, you have 931 posts so you have been around the block, what would be your first two guesses as to where to find that stuff?

Hi Dante - I really don't know. Yes, been here more than 20 years, but somehow never even thought about house number plates... Mea Culpa!

Guess 1: Key and locksmith?

Guess 2: A sign maker?

Global house is a good start. Both brass and stainless steel letters and numbers. Also available at Home Pro.

Thank you, sir. By the way, Dante, believe it or not I have never been to either Global House or Home Pro... But I shall go now.

Global house is a good start. Both brass and stainless steel letters and numbers. Also available at Home Pro.

Thank you, sir. By the way, Dante, believe it or not I have never been to either Global House or Home Pro... But I shall go now.

Now you've got me thinking...''What does this guy do with all his time ? ''

Work. I'm a free lance journalist.

Looked quite a while for something like this but gave up, and a laminated computer printout glued to the letter box also serves its purpose ...

Here in Thailand I by an by reduced my conditioned/taught aesthetic desires over all the years, and replaced many of them by local "taste". Doesn't make necessarily things nicer but life easier ...

post-9457-0-87287600-1415797009_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Now you got me thinking of my brother. He could happily spend days wandering around hardware stores. Every time I have gone with him even to small o0nes I have kicked my self for not bringing a book and a lunch. My self I walk in ask what I want and don't do any more meandering around to see what all they have there. to each their own.

Hey Dru2, you have 931 posts so you have been around the block, what would be your first two guesses as to where to find that stuff?

Hi Dante - I really don't know. Yes, been here more than 20 years, but somehow never even thought about house number plates... Mea Culpa!

Journalism or attempted creative writing ?

You would have to be the judge. But I have 23 years as an accredited foreign correspondent in Thailand writing for, among others, The Bangkok Post, The Nation, South China Morning Post, The Straits Times, The Melnbourne Age, Far Eastern Economic Review, Asia Times, The Guardian, National Geographic, Insight Guides, Jane's Defence Weekly, etc. - but hey, maybe I'm just pulling the wool over their eyes!

You would have to be the judge. But I have 23 years as an accredited foreign correspondent in Thailand writing for, among others, The Bangkok Post, The Nation, South China Morning Post, The Straits Times, The Melnbourne Age, Far Eastern Economic Review, Asia Times, The Guardian, National Geographic, Insight Guides, Jane's Defence Weekly, etc. - but hey, maybe I'm just pulling the wool over their eyes!

The Melnbourne Age? Is that an Aussie "Private Eye" version of "Grauniad"?

The Melnbourne Age? Is that an Aussie "Private Eye" version of "Grauniad"?

Touche. I guess it might be....

Hi Dante,

On further reflection, I don't want to appear smug - but why do so many people on Thai Visa assume that just about every Westerner living in Chiang Mai is some kind of incompetent, aspirant or loser who can't do a decent job? For the record, nearly all my friends (some are independently wealthy) here in Chiang Mai work hard and work well, usually for the overseas press, and make a decent living. Further more all, without exception, have Thai wives (or, in the case of gay friends, long-term boyfriends) who don't cheat them financially and who own the land our houses are built on. Most have been here well over 20 years.

It is possible to be successful in Chiang Mai and not be some kind of a con man or failure you know.... I just don't much care for the tone of your question.