Phuket cement truck driver flees after deadly crash

webfact

Phuket cement truck driver flees after deadly crash
Darawan Naknakhon

1415873186_1-org.jpg
The cement truck turned into the path of the motorbike.

PHUKET: -- Phuket City Police are looking for the driver of the cement truck who ran away after he was in collision with a motorbike at 1pm today.

The bike rider, an 18-year-old Rajabhat University Phuket student died in the crash.

Police, called to the scene, found the body of the student, Chalermchai Lakbaan of Talad Yai, lying under the truck, along with his bike. He had been run over by the truck. The truck driver was nowhere to be seen.

The accident took place in front of the Phuket Cement Co on Prachasamakee Rd in Rassada. CCTV footage from from nearby cameras is being studied by police in atn attempt to identify the truck driver. Management of the company are also being asked to help.

Witnesses said that both vehicles were going in the same direction, from Boat Plaza, when the motorcycle sped in an attempt to pass the cement truck. At that moment the truck turned abruptly into Phuket Cement Co, across the path of the bike.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-cement-truck-driver-flees-after-deadly-crash-49634.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-13

Far out.

Thats really sad.

Sure the motorcy was overtaking the cement truck.

But the cement truck was always going to turn in there to the cement works.

One has to be aware of ones surroundings so one can anticipate these things.

A bit like being near the U-turns a lot of crazy stuff happens and one just has to be aware it is going to be crazy.

RIP the motorcy guy.

Regards.

I find it hard to believe that any student of Rajabhat University doesn't know where the entrance to Phuket Cement Co premises is.

There's another one in soi Tantalum.

So you're following a cement truck.

You're approaching the entrance to the cement factory.

What do you do?

• Like 2

How can they not know who is driving the truck. Are they proposing that they give the keys of a 1 million baht plus truck to a total stranger. And what happens when his salary is due. Do they leave it on the shelf and wait for the mystery man to claim it in the night. Here's an idea....... try ringing the number on the truck that has letters a foot tall. Who ever answers...........ask them his name.

Morons. bah.gif

1 million baht plus truck?At that estimated figure,indicators were probably an optional extra.

"...both vehicles were going in the same direction,... when the motorcycle sped in an attempt to pass the cement truck."

"At that moment the truck turned abruptly into Phuket Cement Co, across the path of the bike."

Meaning, the bike was trying to pass him on the right side. wai2.gifwai.gifblink.png

I've had morons do that to me countless times while I've had my signal on.

Yep, ive been about to turn right, indicater flashing away for a 100 meters and im slowing down, just start to turn at walking pace and i notice a motorcycle on its side sliding past me and 2 teenagers sliding along after it.

I used to know a Thai truck driver who had an alcohol problem (thats how i know him, he was always up for a drink with me)

He ended up running over a couple of people and did a runner. They know who he is but he just disappeared.

• Like 1

"...both vehicles were going in the same direction,... when the motorcycle sped in an attempt to pass the cement truck."

"At that moment the truck turned abruptly into Phuket Cement Co, across the path of the bike."

Meaning, the bike was trying to pass him on the right side. wai2.gifwai.gifblink.png

I don't see any mention of the truck having it's turn signals on, only that it "...turned abruptly...". So what side would you suggest the "moron" use to pass?

I don't see any mention of the truck having it's turn signals on, only that it "...turned abruptly...". So what side would you suggest the "moron" use to pass?

Are you for real pee paub???

Are you for real pee paub???

Wait one sec. A motorbike rider passes somebody where he is supposed to pass, on the right hand side. That person 'turns abruptly'. So if no indicators were used by the truck driver before the motorbike started overtaking, the motorbike rider did nothing wrong.

• Like 1

I think they usually run away to give the drugs or alcohol time to get our of their system or to at least allow for some time to sober up. There doesn't seem to be much of a penalty for fleeing the scene so what's to stop this from happening? No accountability no enforcement