Help, I am being stalked.

Confuscious

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go and see the BIB with a bottle of whiskey and tell them that you are in fear for your children... not you just the kids at the school! Take evidence with you of this nut case and show them. The police will not want to act on something they feel is nothing... so motivate them. The bottle should do the trick and you concern with regards to your children and the other students in their class as well as the teacher/s should be enough to get them to act. Even if it is just them paying the nut a visit and to warn her off. But keep your head on a swivel and pick the kids up and drop them off everyday. Block the calls from this person and block their emails from your internet provider and send the match people a warning about this person as well. Oh.. and get off that site altogether!

Safety is paramount here, for you and your kids. So do not let your guard down and stay in touch with the BIB regarding the matter!

I have never met a person who has taken a bottle of whiskey to a Thai police station. Have you actually taken a bottle of whiskey to a Thai police station and tried to bribe them or are you just pretending?

"Pretending"... no I am not. I have taken donuts and the odd bottle to my local BIB office before as a way for saying thanks for something or another. I have even done the same with my local Immigration office for doing my extension so quickly. In my mind it is just a nice thing to do. But a bribe? I do not see it that way nor does anyone else. At least not here in LOS. In the US or in the EU it would bee seen as one, but here it is just a nice thing to do and sort of the way things have always been done (new government or not). To think otherwise is, frankly, myopic.

The whiskey thing is a good idea. Hell, if it will help to get the more usually bored local plod who is busy all day going onto Facebook or playing Candy Crush (or some such game), then why not do it. It will not been seen as a bride, but rather as a "nice thing to do". If it helps to get the job you want done... then so much the better. But at least you will make friends, which in and of itself might very well come in handy at some point.

you mentioned in her profile that she was a seller of underwear at the market ....

you don't happen to have her shop location or number do you .... blink.png

Sorry, but I don't have her phone number as I know her only from a dating site.

She has a moving "stall" which is moved from market to market.

The picture which she send seems to be taken at the Night Bazar.

Why haven't you blocked this woman from sending text messages to your phone?

I agree it's only 10 or 20 baht and you can do it in a minute. Block her. AIS *189

TWENTY BAHT?! Just to block somebody?? I hope that TWENTY BAHT somewhat offsets the expense, for poor old AIS.

Why don't you block her number?

I have the feeling that some posters don't read the OP.

The stalking is not happening by phone calls but on a meeting/dating site on my computer.

The meeting/dating site is "Badoo".

The stalking is only done by messages in the meeting/dating site.

Blocking a phone number has absolutely no meaning.

Go and see the BIB with a bottle of whiskey and tell them that you are in fear for your children... not you just the kids at the school! Take evidence with you of this nut case and show them. The police will not want to act on something they feel is nothing... so motivate them. The bottle should do the trick and you concern with regards to your children and the other students in their class as well as the teacher/s should be enough to get them to act. Even if it is just them paying the nut a visit and to warn her off. But keep your head on a swivel and pick the kids up and drop them off everyday. Block the calls from this person and block their emails from your internet provider and send the match people a warning about this person as well. Oh.. and get off that site altogether!

Safety is paramount here, for you and your kids. So do not let your guard down and stay in touch with the BIB regarding the matter!

I have never met a person who has taken a bottle of whiskey to a Thai police station. Have you actually taken a bottle of whiskey to a Thai police station and tried to bribe them or are you just pretending?

"Pretending"... no I am not. I have taken donuts and the odd bottle to my local BIB office before as a way for saying thanks for something or another. I have even done the same with my local Immigration office for doing my extension so quickly. In my mind it is just a nice thing to do. But a bribe? I do not see it that way nor does anyone else. At least not here in LOS. In the US or in the EU it would bee seen as one, but here it is just a nice thing to do and sort of the way things have always been done (new government or not). To think otherwise is, frankly, myopic.

The whiskey thing is a good idea. Hell, if it will help to get the more usually bored local plod who is busy all day going onto Facebook or playing Candy Crush (or some such game), then why not do it. It will not been seen as a bride, but rather as a "nice thing to do". If it helps to get the job you want done... then so much the better. But at least you will make friends, which in and of itself might very well come in handy at some point.

Well you have a different view than I do. The less I see or know or interact with the police the better as far as I'm concerned. I worked for the Thai military and if I have any problems I go there. I avoid the police. But that's just me.

Contact her online and arrange to meet her.

Lend her some money with the understanding she has to pay it back. Every time i lend a Thai money i never see or hear from them ever again.

Seriously, arrange to meet her but take one of the Teachers from your kids school with you. Get the Teacher to explain your concerns to your stalker.

ditch your sim and get a new number.

ditch your profile and stay off the site.

don't block anything.

don't walk by here store any more.

(i know, life's not fair)

make sure nobody is following you home.

if she approaches you think of something funny and laugh (no other response ever).

that should do it. main thing is dont get upset or angry. laugh it off. it's a joke.

• Like 1

I would get extremely angry if someone was following me and taking my picture and that of anyone close to me. And then putting it on the internet for the world to see.

Report her to the police, show them the web page. Even if they do nothing at least you tried.

I was today visiting my lawyer and here are his answers:

1. Although the person in the meeting/dating site can be a real person, the lawyer can only trace an IP number and this person can deny to have send any message to me (somebody "cracked" his/her references and send messages in his/her name).

So, even if the meeting/dating site would agree to deliver this person's IP number(s) from where the messages were sent, it is almost impossible to be sure that it was this person who was sending the messages.

2. Legaly. this person can not be brought to a court as there was no crime at this moment.

The decision from the Police not to file a complaint against the person is understandable as they are dealing with an "Internet" individual and the individual behind these messages is not necessarly the same person as in the profile pictures.

3. The best advice is to keep collecting evidences about this person, but I shall never answer his/her messages.

Cancelling my profile in that meeting/dating site would be not wise as that would mean that I can not trace this person anymore and I would lose every hint about his/her whereabouts and his/her next steps.

The lawyer's knowledge was that most of these "Internet stalkers" lose interest after some time if they get no answer to their messages.

4. About my child, the lawyers advice was to talk with the teachers and other officials in the school and to tell them that someone has been in the school and has taken a picture of me and my child in the school.

They know what to do in such cases and be alert for this person.

As the OP has had many replies, been given plenty to consider, and now finally has correct legal advice from his lawyer, he can now make a more informed decision. OP, feel free to return with an update on what you did or how it turned out at a later date.

CLOSED