Pattaya Police arrest suspected class 1 Drug Dealer

webfact

Pattaya Police arrest suspected class 1 Drug Dealer

ice-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police announced the arrest of a suspected class 1 drug dealer in the early hours of Friday.

Officers were given information on the suspect who was known to reside in Soi 10 off the South Pattaya Road. Following a period of surveillance, the suspect, Khun Sompop aged 31, was seen entering the Layla Apartments and was apprehended.

He was searched as was his apartment and a total of 3.99g of Crystal Methamphetamine was seized by Police.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155225/pattaya-police-arrest-suspected-class-1-drug-dealer-3/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-14

Just the ongoing continued protection of the big men and the sacrifice of some little fishes ... the RTP already know who ALL the major players and facilitators are ... and they just need to look within their own ranks to find most of them.

A Thai "class one" drug dealer with all of less than 4 grams. Where do the Thais get these classifications and names? Couldn't they find a Thai big man?

Is he not breaking the law then by having less than 4g on him?

He admitted to dealing to both young Thais and tourists so what is the relevance of the quantity found on him and how Thai law classifies that amount or type of drug?

I believe the "Class 1" referred to the type of drugs, (ya ba, crack, heroin etc.) not the amount sold, seized or his gangster status.

Yes, you are right.

Here the classification:

Narcotics Categories in Thailand

I – heroin, amphetamines (ecstasy), methamphetamines (Yaba and Ice)

II – morphine, cocaine, ketamine, codeine, opium and medicinal opium, methadone

III – medicinal drugs which legally contain Category II ingredients

IV – chemicals used to make Category I and II narcotics, like anhydride and acetyl chloride

V – marijuana, the Kratom plant, hallucinogenic mushroom

As many have stated here, what a complete joke! "Pattaya Police arrest suspected class 1 Drug Dealer"...and they staked out his place prior to the arrest, which they were successful at apprehending him with a whopping ALMOST 4 grams of a class 1 drug! I wonder how much it cost the city of Pattaya in man power to seize just under 4 grams of this class 1 drug, and to even report it on the news... Totally ridiculous!

What a waste of energy and official resources to have decided at first to stake out this guy's place and then take action to only catch him with under 4 g's.