Anyone know of a nice sushi bar in Bangkok for a hot date?

Chicagoan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

i hope this is not one of those "silent meal epidodes" i see so often.

test the waters with great conversation at a food stall first.

Actually, that's sound advice: unless she's some Chinese hi-so, she'll be terrified by a top class Suhsi place - far better to take her to a mid range Thai place and see how you get on after a couple of Leo's.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/435434-japanese-restaurants-near-soi-nana/

Uzuki on Suk soi 11 is my favourite (about 300metres into the soi on the eastern side, before you get to Mulligans bar). Mostly Japanese salarymen and down to earth genuine feel. Not expensive and not intimidatingly chic!

Edited by SantiSuk

Sushi Bar ??? How unromantic mate. If you really want to sweep her feet from underneath her take her on the White Orchid River Cruise at night on the Phrao thumbsup.gif

It's romantic and the entertainment on board and scenery is fantastic so is the massive buffet included in the price of I think it was 2K baht for me and my lady.

Remember any Thai girl will tell you they like Sushi if you mentioned you like it first.... actually they don't so a great ice breaker would be a variety of food she can choose from herself and enjoy !! wink.png

This cruise takes 2 and half hours and leaves 20.00 pm at night so your night's not over when the boat docks. Just keep your head on screw right...wub.png

Good Luck !!wai2.gif

1500 baht for the sushi and 1000 baht for the short time hotel afterwards

You leave a bad odour hanging around TV with your commend... Not everyone here are stuck to their bar chairs burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif from morning till dusk in Pattaya or Soi Cowboy like you probably are...

• Like 1

At the CR night market, you can buy individual pieces of Sushi for 5B each.

Buy about 30, stop by 7-11 for some beer and then take a blanket to a park and force her to feed you.

She will think a picnic is more romantic than some stupid, overpriced BKK sushi restaurant.

Besides, you can get better sushi back in LA, NYC or London.

I had some sushi in South America that was more expensive than America and was lower quality.

Protip: If it's not flash frozen, you're at risk of parasites from sashimi (raw) sushi...

What you got to remember is these women eat bugs as snacks. You must be a newbie, Ever had a date?cheesy.gif Sorry to be so rude and hard but them is da facts. Look if she likes you take her to Thong Lor enjoy some street food and few beers and still have baht left over for room in short time hotel cab fare for her after then head down to Soi Cowboy and get laid by a pro.

Edited by Strangebrew

Have to budget when going on a date with a hot cutie? Not off to a goods start. Maybe a name change coming? "Cheap Charlie." Oh sorry, got off topic a little. can't help you with a venue, sorry.

Edited by Si Thea01

1500 baht for the sushi and 1000 baht for the short time hotel afterwards

You leave a bad odour hanging around TV with your commend... Not everyone here are stuck to their bar chairs burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif from morning till dusk in Pattaya or Soi Cowboy like you probably are...

I think you're right. His TV member name explains it all. Translated: Mai Dee: Not Good or No Good. Very apt for such a distinguished non intellectual.

What you got to remember is these women eat bugs as snacks. You must be a newbie, Ever had a date?cheesy.gif Sorry to be so rude and hard but them is da facts. Look if she likes you take her to Thong Lor enjoy some street food and few beers and still have baht left over for room in short time hotel cab fare for her after then head down to Soi Cowboy and get laid by a pro.

You comments are up to your usual standard,you are not sorry to be rude as this is your default attitude.

And you have been here forever? So what has their taste of food got to do with this post. Not everyone would have you low level outlook of the citizens of this country. Sounds like you are a fine upstanding sex-pat who crawl under their rock of a day then come out to prey of a night, as you seem to know what to do and the quality areas to visit.? What are we going to do with the quality imports like yourself who put a bad odour on this site with their poor taste in posts.

Whoever said to go on a dinner cruise? Gross buddy, what a tired and boring night out, old ass boat on stinky river.

Check out torajiro in Kvillage or silom. They got Japanese staff and excellent hot sake. This stuff makes you feel like your coming up on MDMA. Awesome. Also whats with all the whore / hooker talk ? Don't you luddites know there are tons of choices in BKK aside from up country sex workers?, again, gross! 555

fact in your world prolly. think ya spending a bit too much time with the up country peeps eh man? yucky yucky.

You've definitely got your priorities wrong, my friend! Pretty girls are ten a penny in this city. Good mates need more effort!

I won't argue that. Valid point. I'm not really into this one and I've been out with several... I'm just in the mood to actually go out on a "date-date" because usually it's just drinks and back to my place.

I need some friends. Ha. I sound so lonely, but I'm really not.

stop off for some sushi between drinks and your place and pretend your going on a real date-date.

just be sure to talk and look like your having a good time, so the other patrons don't have to see the 'silent meal'. it really ruins the atmosphere in legit venues.

One inappropriate comment spoiling an otherwise decent topic has been removed. Kudos to all the sensible suggestions for the OP - good luck on your date!

Thanks, Burma. It went well. Some of the guys on here were right. She thought it was a waste of money to blow on a flashy restaurant and instead took me to a cool local sushi place in some alley off of Soi 22 that sat maybe 12 people. Awesome sushi. I forget the name because we got wasted on cold, nigori sake. Had her later for dessert at my place. All in all... a great time and now I have a list of sushi bars that I want to check out on MY OWN ;-)

• Like 1

i hope this is not one of those "silent meal epidodes" i see so often.

test the waters with great conversation at a food stall first.

No, I've already been out with her for drinks a couple times. Conversation flows. Already did the deed. Just wanted to have dinner with her. Nothing special. Just some place other than your typical chicken and rice restaurant, ya know?

Sushi Bar ??? How unromantic mate. If you really want to sweep her feet from underneath her take her on the White Orchid River Cruise at night on the Phrao thumbsup.gif

It's romantic and the entertainment on board and scenery is fantastic so is the massive buffet included in the price of I think it was 2K baht for me and my lady.

Remember any Thai girl will tell you they like Sushi if you mentioned you like it first.... actually they don't so a great ice breaker would be a variety of food she can choose from herself and enjoy !! wink.png

This cruise takes 2 and half hours and leaves 20.00 pm at night so your night's not over when the boat docks. Just keep your head on screw right...wub.png

Good Luck !!wai2.gif

I'm not looking to sweep her off her feet. I just wanted to take her to a decent sushi place other than your typical mall halls. And trust me, it's not the food that makes things romantic, it's the company and chemistry. I appreciate your suggestion and I'd actually like to do that, but... maybe for my wife in the future or a fiancee or... at least someone I'm in love with. This was just a simple request for a sushi restaurant and everyone is giving me all this "advice" and how to treat her and this and that... damn, just a name to a sushi place please. LOL. Oh... and I already knew that she liked sushi because we've already gone out for drinks a few times and we talked about it. Thanks! Lol....

Thanks again for the great tip about the cruise line, tho.

At the CR night market, you can buy individual pieces of Sushi for 5B each.

Buy about 30, stop by 7-11 for some beer and then take a blanket to a park and force her to feed you.

She will think a picnic is more romantic than some stupid, overpriced BKK sushi restaurant.

Besides, you can get better sushi back in LA, NYC or London.

I had some sushi in South America that was more expensive than America and was lower quality.

Protip: If it's not flash frozen, you're at risk of parasites from sashimi (raw) sushi...

Yeah, I've bought from those places before, but I like that set up. I'll remember that for future reference. Thanks.

Dude take her o Mickey D's filet-o-fish is good just tell them not to cook it. If she hasn't put out by now your never going to get any. These's knuckleheads trying to impress these mudhuts are you serious?cheesy.gif

My fault for not telling everyone here that I already slept with this one, just didn't know it would be so pertinent when asking for names of sushi restaurants. Classic....

• Like 1

Seriously? My God, you're presumptuous. She's does sales for a major construction firm and makes great dough. She drives a newer Toyota. I don't know which kind, but it's sleek inside and can't be more than a couple years old. So yeah.... I don't think she's into eating bugs as snacks. Why does everyone just assume that all the chicks here are broke and living in shacks?

Yeah, I've had a date Mr. Strangebrew. Be as rude as you want, I don't give a sh*t. Those are your facts. Your reality. Not mine. We've already had plenty of street food. I've been out with her a few times before. She's already slept over at my place. I just wanted some names of sushi bars and now I'm being told that they eat bugs and have I ever been on a date and I'm more likely to go spend money to get laid in Soi Cowboy.

My fault. I must remember who I'm asking. Some of you guys seem to have lots of experience paying to get laid. Good luck with that. Not that it's wrong....

Have to budget when going on a date with a hot cutie? Not off to a goods start. Maybe a name change coming? "Cheap Charlie." Oh sorry, got off topic a little. can't help you with a venue, sorry.

No, I've seen questions asked in here that were similar and almost every time people ask, "What's your budget?". So just trying to save time and answer them before they're asked. Looks like next time I'll have to add whether or not we've slept together, whether she's a pro, whether she's got money or no money, if this is the first time we've gone out, if I've ever dated anyone here before and whether I would rather just pay for sex and go to Soi Cowboy and forget about asking any questions in the first place. You guys crack me up....

And you have been here forever? So what has their taste of food got to do with this post. Not everyone would have you low level outlook of the citizens of this country. Sounds like you are a fine upstanding sex-pat who crawl under their rock of a day then come out to prey of a night, as you seem to know what to do and the quality areas to visit.? What are we going to do with the quality imports like yourself who put a bad odour on this site with their poor taste in posts.

HAHAHA.... preach, brotha!