Retirement visa based on Non-O multiple entries.

I understand that a "Non-OA" is required to apply for a Retirement Visa. How strict is this, and is it possible to apply when I have a "Non-O" ?? - or do I have to get a "Non-OA" and postpone my Retirement application ? It is now 6 weeks until my "O" expires, can it be changed into a "Non-OA"within this timeframe ?

The requirement is over age 50, meeting financials and having a non immigrant visa entry. So your current entry is fine and within the last 30-45 days you can visit immigration office of the location you reside to apply for one year extension of stay for retirement using normal TM.7 application form. There is never a requirement for an O-A visa entry and you can even change a tourist visa entry into the requirement non immigrant entry within Thailand for 2,000 baht fee.

• Like 1

As said you do not need a OA visa to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

Is it your visa that is expiring in 6 weeks or your current to permit to stay?

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

As said you do not need a OA visa to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

That is my permit to stay until January 6. - I am aware of all the documentation that I need to apply for retirement visa. Thanks for clear answers smile.png

That is my permit to stay until January 6. - I am aware of all the documentation that I need to apply for retirement visa. Thanks for clear answers smile.png

You will not be applying for a retirement visa. You will be applying for a 12-month extension to your permission to stay due to retirement. This is commonly called a "retirement extension"

Many people will say they go to immigration every year "to renew their retirement visa" No, what they're actually doing is getting a new extension to their permission to stay due to retirement. The visa expired a long time ago. You can obtain a 12-month extension due to retirement from either a O visa or a O-A visa.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2