Please Help! Am I OK to stay or did I do something wrong?

Hello. I really need some help. I am on an Ed visa. I went to immigration last week and I thought I extended my stay for 90 days. I just looked in my passport and I got this paper that actually says "This is not an extension of stay" I am really confused. Can someone please help me and let me know if I did something wrong? Am I good to stay until February or just until November 19? Please look at the picture. Thank you in advance for any help.

1743715_10205444454977609_66077875166329

10612870_10205444455337618_1026046134971

Thank you for your reply. I have heard I can go up to one week later. Is it true that I have up until 1 week after that date or is that date the deadline?

No, the date is the deadline any day beyond that you will be fined 500 Bath for overstay, and they may not even accept the application on that basis only.

You can obtain 1 extra week paying Bt 1,900 and no paperwork, but then again they may not accept further applications and you will have to leave country.

Thank you again for your help. So I need to get more paperwork from my school and pay 1900 baht again? I did that once already. Does anyone know what I should ask for when I go to immigration on Monday? I am sure my school won't be open until 9am, and I am sure that they won't have any paperwork ready for me. Am I OK if I go on Tuesday the 19th, or is Monday the 18th my deadline?

You can go on the 19th. The school knows what you need.

You need to do this every 90 days for a maximum of one year since you entered. Afterwhich you will need to go get a new visa.

Edited by paz

Thanks guys for your help. Is it just me or does it seem like they should have helped me and informed me of that, rather than just letting me go and inform my address without telling me that I needed to do additional work to extend my period of stay. They really should have realized that my visa expired in a few days and that I was going in to try to extend my visa, not just inform them of my address. It seems like they are really trying to be unhelpful to me. I am really personally offended by the immigration office. I dressed up nicely and everything. I don't understand why they would do that to me. I am just very lucky that I, for no real reason at all, decided to open up my passport and look at it.

Thank you to everyone on this website for being helpful in my time of need. I really deeply appreciate it.

Thanks guys for your help. Is it just me or does it seem like they should have helped me and informed me of that, rather than just letting me go and inform my address without telling me that I needed to do additional work to extend my period of stay. They really should have realized that my visa expired in a few days and that I was going in to try to extend my visa, not just inform them of my address. It seems like they are really trying to be unhelpful to me. I am really personally offended by the immigration office. I dressed up nicely and everything. I don't understand why they would do that to me. I am just very lucky that I, for no real reason at all, decided to open up my passport and look at it.

Actually the chain of helpfulness has the school before immigration, they are the ones supposed to tell you what has to be done and when.

But ultimately it is your duty to know until which date you are allowed, you will find that any country you travel to will stamp the date by which you're supposed to either leave, or extend.

• Like 1

whistling.gif That is the standard form and date notification of your 90 day reporting.

What they are trying to tell you is that 90 day reporting is NOT a permission to stay in Thailand, it is merely an acknowledgment that you did a 90 day reporting...... and you need to return for your next 90 day report on the later date thy stamped there.

90 day reporting is separate from any extensions you get..... that notice is just to lrt you know you did a 90 day reporting.

The important thing they want you to understand is that simply because you did a 90 report, that does NOT mean you are extended until the later date.

Extensions and 90 day reporting are two different things.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone on this website for being helpful in my time of need. I really deeply appreciate it.

Actually, it seems to me that it is written rather prominently on the Receipt of Address Notification that this is 'not an extension of stay', but an address notification as it says on the form. This note is written all in capital letters and framed by a border, so you can't miss it. All this seems quite helpful to me. Now, you claim you need additional help...and you have come to the right place where the helpless will be helped...

• Like 1

"So I need to get more paperwork from my school and pay 1900 baht again? I did that once already."

Please clarify, you did that this time, or on a previous extension? If this time you may have missed the new stamp.

Oops, never mind, I see the red stamp in the corner.

Edited by riceyummm

"I am just very lucky that I, for no real reason at all, decided to open up my passport and look at it" ????

This statement pretty much sums up the mind set of the type of person who calls Thailand home. And should be posted in every immigration department in Thailand. Why in the world anyone would not review their passport after it has been handled by any official in any country is beyond me. I never even move my ass untilI have reviewed my passport, in front of the official, and am comfortable with the outcome.

Being new, or just not caring is no excuse.

You mentioned you will have to pay the 1,900baht again? Did you pay 1,900baht on this visit? If so did you keep the receipt?

• Like 1

I am just very lucky that I, for no real reason at all, decided to open up my passport and look at it...

Durrr ...... do you check your Check Bin ?... change..?.. If the buffalo is actually dead?.... or is everybody unhelpful.? are the replies here honest... What day is it..???.... Which country..?

Leo R, on 14 Nov 2014 - 19:18, said:

Thank you again for your help. So I need to get more paperwork from my school and pay 1900 baht again? I did that once already. Does anyone know what I should ask for when I go to immigration on Monday? I am sure my school won't be open until 9am, and I am sure that they won't have any paperwork ready for me. Am I OK if I go on Tuesday the 19th, or is Monday the 18th my deadline?

Did you pay 1,900 baht?

This payment is only due for the extension. 90 day reports (which is what you did) are completely free.

Maybe you went with the intention to do an extension and they took 1,900 baht of you.

If you have the receipt you can contest the payment due to the confusion.

Did you pay 1,900 baht?

This payment is only due for the extension. 90 day reports (which is what you did) are completely free.

Maybe you went with the intention to do an extension and they took 1,900 baht of you.

If you have the receipt you can contest the payment due to the confusion.

OP never said he paid Bt 1,900 on the date of the "incident".

OP said he paid the "previous time", that was 8 August.

At immigration fee is paid only after they look at the application and deem it will be approved.

Always check what has been stamped in your passport before you leave the office!

Mistakes can be made.

Anything ( like this ) that you do not understand can be explained on site.

I once went in for a 90 day visit, got stamped, thought everything was good and went home.

At home I looked at the stamp and found the date for my next 90 day visit was only 30 days away.

I returned the next day ( a long trip for me) and asked why it was only for 30 days.

They restamped it with the correct 90 day date.

Now, I always check my passport before leaving the immigration office.