10 days on the beaches, where and what to do?

canuckamuck

A friend of mine is coming to Thailand on his honeymoon and he wants to spend some time on Thai beaches and surrounding coastal areas after he has toured the north.

I would love to give him some advice about where to go, but I haven't been to the beaches in many years. I live in Chiang Rai and I don't really do the tourist thing anymore.

He is early 40's I think His fiance is younger, but they don't want to do the party scene, they would rather enjoy nature and culture as much as that is possible these days. They are fit and ready for adventure too.

Any suggestions?

Well, if they're willing to rent a car, the Centara Chan Talay Resort south of Trat, is a GREAT place, very isolated though. One bedroom suites, on a long private beach with great views of Koh Chang. Perfect for Honeymooners!

http://www.agoda.com/centara-chaan-talay-resort-villas/hotel/trat-th.html?asq=XqlQ7bJ0pUN0G2iz%2fnzAiIVnPhaAZuSprGkOhxC7AzFDqju43y%2ftbLo2%2bNayJLVIKkG7AJutFQsDcFbtwxTxtxNtdIAaax0%2foDvEVAUI2Ne7hB0JeIM%2bZ6WH8whyGwILPejSEpk9zTmUa8AXmcUBjqYElPAD%2f6%2fSIOk437oeyX5MynGwmfRFiv3mO8%2b%2fkTOr0moO%2fwi1I%2bDEk6qaVuN%2fquL2AUnfOhFRTEDVteJxPyI%3d