UN says Islamic State imposing rule of terror in Syria

Lite Beer

UN says Islamic State imposing rule of terror in Syria

The militant group Islamic State is committing war crimes and imposing a "rule of terror" in areas it controls in Syria, a UN report says.

The report, based on more than 300 witness interviews, said IS was using "extreme violence" against civilians.

Men caught smoking have had their fingers amputated, while a female dentist who treated men was publicly beheaded, the report said.

The group has seized large parts of Syria and Iraq since June.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/n...e-east-30056855

xbbclogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6VdupA8xkf.web
-- BBC 2014-11-14

a female dentist who treated men was publicly beheaded

Was she treating the men badly...or was her SIN the fact the she was of the dreaded Muslim female species?

Truly the most illogical moronic villains on the earth...the ISIS clowns...

• Like 2

a female dentist who treated men was publicly beheaded

Was she treating the men badly...or was her SIN the fact the she was of the dreaded Muslim female species?

Truly the most illogical moronic villains on the earth...the ISIS clowns...

Wow. Most dentists keep their face covered, so it can't be that.

so why aren't more clerics and average moderate Muslims speaking out against these IS guys or any other radical Muslim groups? They all have no problem going ape sh#t when someone draws a cartoon of Mohamed!!! Yes, the odd person may say something sometime but few and far between. They hate infidels, they hate the west, but when the monsters they and their religion create, get too out of hand they want the evil infidels and the west to help them.

If you want help, first start helping yourself against the extremists in your own religion. Then, and only then ask for help from those you hate. How many times will you bite the hand that helps you?

• Like 1

so why aren't more clerics and average moderate Muslims speaking out against these IS guys or any other radical Muslim groups? They all have no problem going ape sh#t when someone draws a cartoon of Mohamed!!! Yes, the odd person may say something sometime but few and far between. They hate infidels, they hate the west, but when the monsters they and their religion create, get too out of hand they want the evil infidels and the west to help them.

If you want help, first start helping yourself against the extremists in your own religion. Then, and only then ask for help from those you hate. How many times will you bite the hand that helps you?

Other than token words, they say nothing, its all part of the master plan.

Boko Haram militants 'seize Nigerian town of Chibok'

Militants attacked and took control of the town, in Borno state, on Thursday evening, residents who escaped told the BBC.

Boko Haram has repeatedly targeted villages around Chibok over recent months.

The group says it is fighting to create an Islamic state in Nigeria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30058879

The pattern is there for all to see.

IMO, your point is the heart of all these issues, and the primary blinders the West wears- why don't the moderate mulsims stand up and condemn this usurpation of their religion?

The West is among the few that have a very irrelevant view of history; generally too busy to be bothered by precedent and history. However, islamic peoples, among others, hold relations to their history quite ideally. They generally all know that the voice of those such as IS are in fact traditionally islamic, and they are not moderate muslims rather they really are nearly apostate muslims. So, the question cannot be framed without even considering first whether the issue is radical islam minority or an apostate muslim majority. IMO, the vast majority of muslims, especially those who have succumbed to various fruits of the west, are un-muslimized, to an extent, whereas jiahdis by and large are remarkably true to scriptural authority.

The prophet actually envisioned such times where muslims would be in other locations and the mere proximity with non muslims was thought to sour their islamness; in this regard was the doctrine of return migration developed, whereby muslims should leave such locations and return to islamic lands rather than succumb to false practices. It is this very clarion call IS blasts calling muslims around the world to them.

The majority of muslims dont speak up because the majority of muslims do not have a theological leg to stand on!

Edited by arjunadawn

Yet again the Islamaphobes ask why Muslims don't speak out against the horrendous actions of ISIS and other extremists who use Islam as an excuse for their atrocities.

Many times in similar topics numerous links have been produced to show that they do; from Muslim leaders, Imams and scholars in the press to ordinary Muslims protesting.

I wont bother to do so again as it will only prompt the usual response from the Islamaphobes that these pronouncements are lies!

If you mean the majority of the entire world Muslim population of approx. 1.5 billion have not taken to the streets to protest about ISIS then you are, of course, correct. Most of them have their, often hard, lives to get on with.

That does not mean, of course, that they agree with and support ISIS or other extremists.

A question was asked;

so why aren't more clerics and average moderate Muslims speaking out against these IS guys or any other radical Muslim groups?

I answered it.

Yet again you dismiss all facts which disprove your Islamaphobic prejudice as red herrings.

I mean the majority of Muslims don't speak up AT ALL and that is completely accurate. No one - but you - said anything about them "taking to the streets" to protest about ISIS - yet another red herring.

I recommend you start using the quote function, instead of posting right after me and then claiming that you were talking about a different post further back in the thread. You have done this several times in the past and it does not ring true.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yet again the Islamaphobes ask why Muslims don't speak out against the horrendous actions of ISIS and other extremists who use Islam as an excuse for their atrocities.

Many times in similar topics numerous links have been produced to show that they do; from Muslim leaders, Imams and scholars in the press to ordinary Muslims protesting.

I wont bother to do so again as it will only prompt the usual response from the Islamaphobes that these pronouncements are lies!

Happy to accept, but what i do not understand is this.

Arab league has enough members, money and army.

Why is it that US along with UK and few others doing all the bombing?

Since Muslims do not approve, why has not arab league send in the army, surely combined force of Jordan, Egypt, Qatar, Saudi's just to name a few, why are they not dealing with it?

You then also have Turkey, who rather sat on the sidelines there for a while watching, Malaysia, Indonesia, Why have not they send support to fight the evil?

• Like 1

Konying, Arab states and Turkey are contributing.

Who is in the anti-Islamic State coalition and what they are contributing?

They should be the ones in the front lines NOT contributing

Again why Arab League are NOT the ones doing all the bombing and sending in combined troops?

Why US, UK, AU,FR are the ones doing all the fighting?

Turkey only recently started to do something, after being "disciplined" by US and the rest of the world.

Did you read the linked to article?

If you did, your lack of comprehension amazes me!

Twenty of the partners, which include two non-states in the form of the European Union and Arab League, are providing air support or other military equipment. Others, broken down below, are supplying logistical or humanitarian aid.

Read on and you will see that Saudi, UAE, Jordan, Qatar and Bahrain have all participated in air strikes.

You will also see that Turkey had long been 'doing something' in the form of humanitarian aid and refugee camps, and since the release of the Turkish hostages by ISIL has said it will consider contributing militarily as well.

Twenty of the partners, which include two non-states in the form of the European Union and Arab League, are providing air support or other military equipment. Others, broken down below, are supplying logistical or humanitarian aid.

Read on and you will see that Saudi, UAE, Jordan, Qatar and Bahrain have all participated in air strikes.

You will also see that Turkey had long been 'doing something' in the form of humanitarian aid and refugee camps, and since the release of the Turkish hostages by ISIL has said it will consider contributing militarily as well.

Yes i did and will pose the question again to you.

Why Arab league are NOT the ones leading and are NOT sending the troops?

Why does US and the rest have to lead, while Arab League only "contributes"

Is it an Arab problem or Western problem?

Hezbollah sent fighters to support Assad, so what is the excuse for Arab League not to send any force and only "contribute"

Hezbollah sent fighters to support Assad, so what is the excuse for Arab League not to send any force and only "contribute"

Your question needs to be addressed to the USA government, as they lead the coalition.

I can think of two reasons for this;

1. They are going to be the major target if ISIL win
  2. They always like to be in charge.

Your question needs to be addressed to the USA government, as they lead the coalition.

Welll, no sorry.

The reason why US started to act was because Arab league sat there silently doing nothing, watching thousands being killed and league continues to do, instead of sending in combined forces.

So if things do not go as planned , they can always play the "innocent" part and let the rest of the world take the blame.

But the moment someone says something about Islam or burns a Quaran, there is no shortage of voice and screams from not only Arab nations but Muslims living in all parts of the world.

Funny that.

Why do not we just call spade a spade, no need to defend something non existent.

Edited by konying

I mean the majority of Muslims don't speak up AT ALL and that is completely accurate. No one - but you - said anything about them "taking to the streets" to protest about ISIS - yet another red herring.

How do you know what the majority of Muslims discuss and say in their homes, mosques, place of work etc.?

Who cares what they are saying in their homes? Are you serious? The majority of Muslims are not speaking out in PUBLIC where they might actually make a difference. blink.png

I show that Muslim spokespeople and leaders and even ordinary Muslims do speak out in public, and when you don't dismiss what they are saying as lies you dismiss it because the majority of Muslims don't!

What will satisfy you; a mass demonstration by all 1.5 billion of the world's Muslims?

We both know that is not going to happen, but not because the majority of them support ISIS.

The vast majority of people, no matter their religion or none, don't take that much interest in any issue until it effects them directly.

Your arguments are getting more and more illogical and desperate. They will convince no one except those as prejudiced as you.

The Arab nations do not have much of a history of leadership and coalition building. Militarily I would not consider them to be well trained or well disciplined. They are well equipped because they have money, but the equipment would require maintenance which would fall to the US, so a US presence is in the cards regardless of who leads.

The idea that the 'US always like to be in charge' is nonsense. ISIS is a long way from being a threat to the US. It has a huge amount of work to do in it's own region before it can start the daunting task of attacking the western world, including the US. Militarily the US is the best equipped and trained for fighting and it has access to bases in the area,

Doing nothing, which is a very poor option, is likely to lead to a huge refugee crisis and the US gets stuck paying for a large part of that bill as well as many of the problems that accompany refugee situations.

I don't know why, but it seems like nobody is interested in calling Iceland when they have a problem like this.

Edited by Credo

In what way are ISIS and others NOT following the instructions of the Prophet and Koran? They do not need any excuses, they believe they have divine revelation handed down to them, this is the reason they do what they do.

Edited by jacky54

(Some quotes removed to comply with forum software)

• They are going to be the major target if ISIL win
  • They always like to be in charge.

Welll, no sorry.

The reason why US started to act was because Arab league sat there silently doing nothing, watching thousands being killed and league continues to do, instead of sending in combined forces.

So if things do not go as planned , they can always play the "innocent" part and let the rest of the world take the blame.

But the moment someone says something about Islam or burns a Quaran, there is no shortage of voice and screams from not only Arab nations but Muslims living in all parts of the world.

Funny that.

Why do not we just call spade a spade, no need to defend something non existent.

I can see that no answer and no evidence is going to convince you

One can lead a horse to water, but one can't make it think;
One can lead a person to knowledge, but one can't make them think.

It seems that you are of the same mind as UlyssesG and others; facts are not going to interfere with your prejudices.

In what way are ISIS and others NOT following the instructions of the Prophet and Koran? They do not need any excuses, they believe they have divine revelation handed down to them, this is the reason they do what they do.

I have answered that many times with quotes from the appropriate Muslim sources; as you well know.

The region that ISIS is attacking is largely Muslim, so the very basis is not religion, per se. There particular brand of Islam is what they are practicing and they are generally using the Koran as a justification for some of the things they do that are not generally done or at least haven't been commonly practiced for a long, long time.

They are more a political and military group than a religious group.

• Like 2

(Some quotes removed to comply with forum software)

• They are going to be the major target if ISIL win
  • They always like to be in charge.

Welll, no sorry.

Funny that.

I can see that no answer and no evidence is going to convince you

One can lead a horse to water, but one can't make it think;

One can lead a person to knowledge, but one can't make them think.

It seems that you are of the same mind as UlyssesG and others; facts are not going to interfere with your prejudices.

Not true at all.

Evidence that would convince me at this stage would be Arab League taking charge of the whole operation, sending in their huge armies to fight IS and protect the civilians.

Between all the members of the league, they have enough money and manpower to do that.

Giving me excuses such as "but they are contributing" is a weak excuse for doing nothing and even weaker excuse to call it fact.

Please provide me evidence of what they did before US took control?

The region that ISIS is attacking is largely Muslim, so the very basis is not religion, per se. There particular brand of Islam is what they are practicing and they are generally using the Koran as a justification for some of the things they do that are not generally done or at least haven't been commonly practiced for a long, long time.

Of course they are political and military, social and religious, this is just true Islam. Their brand of Islam is the original, they are following the Prophet to the letter, convert or kill, kill the blasphemers, unbelievers and impose sharia, subjugate women, take kafir as sex slaves eradicate Christians and jews, kill any homosexuals. This is the true face of Islam.

Of course they are political and military, social and religious, this is just true Islam. Their brand of Islam is the original, they are following the Prophet to the letter, convert or kill, kill the blasphemers, unbelievers and impose sharia, subjugate women, take kafir as sex slaves eradicate Christians and jews, kill any homosexuals. This is the true face of Islam.

It's not the true face of anything, except the true face of ISIS.

• Like 1