Explain visa and stamps (pics)

The stamp on the left is a non-immigrant visa "O" class (retirement, marriage to a Thai, volunteering etc). Seems to me he changed his visa exempt or tourist visa to a non-O visa.

He now has a permission to stay till Jan. 15 2015. He can apply for a 1 year extension up to 45 days before Jan 15th. He can only get an extension for the reason he changed to a non-immigrant visa. In essence, if for reason of retirement he has to apply for an extension based on retirement and cannot do so based on marriage.

I can't read the Thai text, but it is mostly who signed for it, what the extension is for.

• Like 1

It's a farang women living with a thai man. Every 3 month she goes to the immigration and get a new 3 month stamp (she told me)

That seems strange, unless she has an extension as a volunteer. Than she would get an extension every 3 months. But if for retirement it would be 1 year at a time.

Isn't she confusing making a 90 day report with getting an extension?

• Like 2

Yes she is probably married to him. She told me the immigration said she could get the one year extension. Or come every 3 months. But maybe she didn't understand it. So they told her about the 90 day report.

But why did she get a 90 day extension? And not a 1 year extension. She didn't leave Thailand.

Edited by larsjohnsson

The stamp is a non immigrant visa not an extension stamp. Those cost 2000 baht. Immigration will not issue those every 3 months without leaving the country and doing another conversion to get one.

Not sure what she has been doing.

• Like 1

She should just apply for a 1 year extension of stay. (Maybe she applies for 90 days at a time as she is mistaken with 90 day reporting).

If leaving Thailand she needs re-entry permit to keep her permission to stay alive. It is only good for the duration of the current permission to stay. So if she gets a re-entry permit now she has to be back in Thailand before Jan. 12th, or need new visa.

• Like 1

Ok the stamp is a non O that have been changed from a tourist visa. She got a 90 day extension. If she like to stay longer she MUST apply for the 1 year extension before the 12 january. No other option. Is that correct ? If I can understand it. @ Lars is that from the Swedish facebook group?

Edited by bangkoklasse

Hi I don't want to create a new post. But can someone explain mine?

It is the standard one year extension of stay stamp and a multiple re-entry permit.

Thank you for your help ubonjoe, may I know if I have to stamp every 90 days? My company didn't notice anything about that. If so when is the date to count?

Thanks again

Hi I don't want to create a new post. But can someone explain mine?

It is the standard one year extension of stay stamp and a multiple re-entry permit.

Thank you for your help ubonjoe, may I know if I have to stamp every 90 days? My company didn't notice anything about that. If so when is the date to count?

Thanks again

You will need to do a report 90 days from September 14th if this was your first extension. My count says that will be the 13th of December.

You will need to fill out a TM47 form ( http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf ) and submit it to immigration then. You can report up to 15 days before the report date or 7 days after.

They are a non immigrant visa, the approval stamp of it and a entry/permit to stay stamp that the visa allowed.

The little one above entry stamp is the basis for it which is retirement.

Look again. This is a non-immigrant O Visa issued in Country by Immigration for a foreign Wife married to a Thai. It says permission to stay is based on having a Thai Husband written in Thai "Sammy Thai" above the extension stamp not "retirement".

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wrote retirement by mistake.

I think you mean married to a Thai man.

My daughter just translated the Thai for me. It is NON "O" husband Thai.

They are a non immigrant visa, the approval stamp of it and a entry/permit to stay stamp that the visa allowed.

Look again. This is a non-immigrant O Visa issued in Country by Immigration for a foreign Wife married to a Thai. It says permission to stay is based on having a Thai Husband written in Thai "Sammy Thai" above the extension stamp not "retirement".

I had already corrected post in the one I have quoted.

i guess you failed to read it.

simple question, I have more than the required 65000 baht per month for a retirement visa extension now but in about 6 to 8 months time my pension fund for one of my pensions may have to go into Pension Protection Scheme and I will be getting compensation. If I write to the British Embassy for a retirement pension letter are the chances good for getting one? Thank you

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry my comment was made and appeared before you made the correction.

simple question, I have more than the required 65000 baht per month for a retirement visa extension now but in about 6 to 8 months time my pension fund for one of my pensions may have to go into Pension Protection Scheme and I will be getting compensation. If I write to the British Embassy for a retirement pension letter are the chances good for getting one? Thank you

You will get the letter based upon your current and past income not what might happen in the future.

Info on getting the letter is here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Sorry my comment was made and appeared before you made the correction.

My correction was done at 10:05 this morning. Your post was at 16:16 this afternoon.

Ok the stamp is a non O that have been changed from a tourist visa. She got a 90 day extension. If she like to stay longer she MUST apply for the 1 year extension before the 12 january. No other option. Is that correct ? If I can understand it. @ Lars is that from the Swedish facebook group?

No, the stamp below is not a 90-day extension. It is the permission to stay for 90 days, granted on the basis of the non-O visa. Any time during the last 30 days of this permission to stay, ie between 13 DEC 2014 and 12 JAN 2015, the holder of this passport can apply for a one-year extension of stay at the local immigration office.

post-21260-0-41111100-1416047452_thumb.j