Marriage visa second year extension

My first year marriage visa extension will end in April next year. I heard, second and so on extensions will be easier. First extension I made in BKK where we live, based on 400k deposit, but this year I not interested to deposit 400k again. Will be proof of income from Embassy enough to do another year extension? Photos and come together with wife as year ago? Thank you for advice.

You can use an income letter from your embassy to prove the 40k baht income.

They get easier because you know what to expect, Plus there is less doubt by immigration that your marriage is real.

You will need all the same paperwork and then again the 30 day under consideration stamp.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Is not it so that even if you apply on last day of current extension, you get additional 30 days under consideration period and any missing documents can be easily provided in this time frame?

You get a under consideration stamp that has a report back date 30 days from when you apply or from the last day of your permit to stay date (varies office to office).

If it was some minor thing that you were short they might let you bring it after they accept your application. But I would not plan on that happening.

You could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife if their was a problem.

Always a good idea to do early in case you are missing any documents.

-----------------------

Agreed .... it is wise to apply early enough to make sure you have all the documents you need.

Anyway, your new extension, when approved, will start from the end of your previous extension.

In other words there won't be a "gap" between the two dates.