Palestinian boy shot by Israeli troops at Gaza border

webfact

Palestinian boy shot by Israeli troops at Gaza border
Isabel Kershner

JERUSALEM: Israeli forces patrolling the border with the Gaza Strip shot and wounded a Palestinian as he approached the border fence on Sunday and took him to an Israeli hospital, according to the military.

A spokeswoman for the hospital said the Palestinian was a 10-year-old boy.

Israel's border with Gaza has remained tense but relatively calm since Israel and Hamas, the Islamic militant group that dominates the Palestinian coastal enclave, agreed to an open-ended ceasefire in late August after a 50-day war.

A military spokeswoman, speaking on the condition of anonymity under army rules, said the troops spotted "a suspicious figure" approaching the fence, called on him to stop, and when he ignored the warnings they fired in the air and then at his lower body.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/palestinian-boy-shot-by-israeli-troops-at-gaza-border-20141117-11o7zy.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-11-17

He was warned verbally. The warning shots were fired. He was wounded not shot dead. He was taken to the hospital. Not beheaded.

Not enough for Seastallion and the ilk like him.

He was TEN years old.

When these kids are brainwashed at their Medrese from the age of 6 by the age of 10 they are qualified to carry a bomb belt.

It is Israeli fault of course.

What a 10 year old boy was doing climbing over the wall?

His mother is probably happy and proud of her child almost making a martyr. Also Israeli fault, of coarse.

At what age do the children get conscripted into the military in Gaza? In Angola? In Sudan? It is all the Jews fault.

He was warned verbally. The warning shots were fired. He was wounded not shot dead. He was taken to the hospital. Not beheaded.

He was TEN years old.

When these kids are brainwashed at their Medrese from the age of 6 by the age of 10 they are qualified to carry a bomb belt.

His mother is probably happy and proud of her child almost making a martyr. Also Israeli fault, of coarse.

At what age do the children get conscripted into the military in Gaza? In Angola? In Sudan? It is all the Jews fault.

You're playing with yourself. When was the last time a ten year old Palestinian detonated a bomb vest hey ? Hey?????

You dont shoot unarmed ten year olds under ANY circumstances. Once again another display of a total disrespect for life (a childs).
Any wonder why Arabs are lining up to destroy 'Nazi Israhell'. Animals !!!

I doubt you have ever had to live "under ANY circumstances".

People who did and still do - are shooting in self-defense.

Kind of circumstances when you shoot first ask the questions later.

I feel sorry for the boy. He shouldn't have been there, done that.

I am sure the soldiers are sorry for him too. But they are left no choice.

That is their sad circumstances.

Who was responsible for the whereabouts of this child? Why was he approaching a border fence, why didn't he stop at a verbal warning and then at a shot fired in the air? Who has strapped suicide bombs on children to cause people to worry?

Surely even at his age he knew of all the recent troubles at that border and the dangers.

Who put him up to this?

All I can say is I hope he recovers just fine physically. I don't know about mentally considering the people he has to live with.

Perhaps he was orphaned by Israel's last offensive. Israel made a lot of children orphans.

Perhaps he was still shell-shocked from Israel's last offensive. Many children have been deeply traumatised by Israel's bombs.

Perhaps nobody "put him up to it", but he was simply disoriented.

Would any of those factors rouse a tiny bit of sympathy in you for this innocent ten year old boy?

Yes, right now he is living with Israelis in hospital.

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps.

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe.

If he is innocent, he has my sympathy. And he has the best possible care at the hospital. And he will not be beheaded.

Perhaps he is the "collateral damage" case of circumstances you can't even imagine?

You dont shoot unarmed ten year olds under ANY circumstances. Once again another display of a total disrespect for life (a childs).

Any wonder why Arabs are lining up to destroy 'Nazi Israhell'. Animals !!!

I doubt you have ever had to live "under ANY circumstances".

Sorry. A little confused by this sentence. Could you please spell out what you mean by this. I have my slow and confused Monday hat on today. Cheers.

He was TEN years old.

Enough with the bleeding heart attitudes towards those terrorist, young and old,

these people send young kids to commit act of terrorism, a Palestinian mother is proud

when her son get killed and wish that they will kill more.... go and make peace with people

like that...

Any one who hasn't seen ISIS boys recruits in full battle gear, or seen young Palestinians

armed with rifles and other weapons, and willing to use them, must have been leaving

under a rock or deep in a cave in the Ural mountains....

• Like 2

"The hospital said that the 10-year-old boy came to the hospital by IDF helicopter with a serious neck injury and was treated in the trauma room."

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/10-year-old-Palestinian-boy-shot-in-the-neck-near-a-military-checkpoint-381950

They apparently missed his lower body and got him in the neck by mistake.

"IDF forces identified the suspect and followed protocol by shooting into the air, shooting the lower body, then according to military sources, it was decided to follow the procedure by shooting the center of the body. At this point the boy collapsed. A helicopter of Unit 669 was rushed to the site, landed nearby and gave the boy medical treatment and brought him to the to the Soroka University Medical Center in Beersheba."

I guess his lower body was just too small for these guys to hit the kid so they went for the torso. These guys have scopes and many kinds of vision devices. But, I have heard that these Palestinians are so obese that a 10 year old could easily get mistaken for a 30 year old.

Edited by Pakboong
  • Like 1

He was TEN years old.

You're playing with yourself. When was the last time a ten year old Palestinian detonated a bomb vest hey ? Hey?????

It has happened and everyone knows it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b2QhQQpHck

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

That is the version of the Israelis. Is it true, or they are just trying to justify an act which very often takes place in the West Bank? I just don't know, but I don't always believe either side

No one knows exactly what happened who wasn't there, but soldiers at a hostile border normally challenge an intruder. IDF soldiers reportedly called on the Palestinian to stop and turn away from the fence, but he did not answer and the soldiers were forced to fire when he reached the barrier. The IDF thinks the boy was sent as a scout by one of Gaza's terror groups to test the troops' level of alert and response times.

Edited by Ulysses G.

"Wounded the Palestinian....", "Took the Palestinian....".....sounds so much more justified than "Wounded the boy, ...took the boy....".

Armed soldiers to "defend" the border against 10 year old unarmed boys. Brave men. Heroes.

I sincerely hope they can't ever get a good sleep ever again in their lives. The boy probably won't, and now Hamas has another recruit.

Wow , are not you full of words when it comes to Israel?

But ok when Muslims slaughter thousands of kids and women for some idiotic reasons .

1. Where were the parents of a 10 year old ? To let him wonder alone into not only dangerous territory but another country?

2. Warning shot was fired, but did not help

3. Kid was taken into Israeli hospital where if shoes were on the other foot, most likely would have been beheaded or shot in the head

• Like 2

Not just suicide bombers. Armed combatants. And that includes throwing heavy rocks at speeding cars with civilian Jews basically trying to kill them. This case, I don't think anyone is saying the boy was a suicide bomber or that the shooting wasn't very unfortunate. Yes, a 10 year old boy could have been a threat of some kind and anyone who denies that isn't facing basic reality. Of course, soldiers should ideally use the least force possible to subdue potential threats ... but in conflict situations, ideals are not always met.

• Like 1

If you don't know that Palestinian children are taught to hate Jews and become "martyrs" - suicide bombers - you need to get an education.

Thanks for posting this.

Anyone who has the false impression that the Palestinian people really want peace and really accept the right of Israel to even EXIST within ANY borders really could benefit from such viewing.

• Like 2

"Is it likely that Hamas would try to break the ceasefire"

It is certainly is not unlikely. They have violated and broken ceasefires numerous times over many years. I doubt if anyone who knows anything about this conflict would be surprised. The Israeli guards did their duty as any sentry is a similar situation would do.

Edited by Ulysses G.

In any case, I certainly hope that the IDF reviews their response policies to this kind of incident (people loitering in forbidden areas and not responding to warning) to reduce the chances of future tragic incidents of this nature. Nobody rational is claiming that the IDF or any army of any legitimate nation, as Israel is, is perfect either in policies or carrying out those policies. I understand quite well that Israeli demonizers would try to gin up the young age of this boy for emotional propaganda purposes, but as said before, and it well known and true, young kids can indeed be actual threats.

Edited by Jingthing

Very sad, but that is what happens when dealing with terrorism. It would not be the first time Hamas strapped a suicide bomb on a child.

The victim is being blamed yet again...heartless.

With a ceasefire and reconstruction in place, is it likely that Hamas would try to break the ceasefire with such a ridiculous stunt using a 10 year old child with a near zero chance of success and 100% chance of negative PR, when they could far more easily tunnel under a military outpost, attack IDF and take hostages...no lack of volunteers I'm sure after the atrocities perpetrated by Israel this year.

It was just trigger happy IDF ...not for the first time.

Correct me if I m wrong , but was it IDF who tried to break the border or the boy ?

So who is to blame the IDF or the boy?

If one had common sense, blame would lie solely on the parents , but that would not suit anti Israel crew and propaganda

• Like 1